NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Go Web Go!, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Yeah I remember Adam kicking the game winning field goal. If they lose that game it wouldve been all on Adam. But they won and brady is a hero and Adam is just the guy who made the kick.:down

2. Go Web Go!

Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

You think he was horrible? I'm too young to have seen the guy in action, but ask anyone who followed the NFL back then and they would say that both he and Mark Duper were one of the best WR duos in the league, if not THE best. He had 18 TD's in 1984 and 84 for his career. Is there anything behind you saying he was a bad player? :confused:

3. StorminNorman

StorminNorman Registered

Thats because that would be the truth, Brady was cool, calm and collected and able to march the ball down the field against a newly revitalized rams and panthers team putting Adam Vinateri into FG postion. Plus your position is that Brady chokes at the end of games,the facts clearly show that to be an incorrect statement.

4. StorminNorman

StorminNorman Registered

That was what I was saying, someone stated that Marino played for a team of mediocure players and still able to shine. I was asking if HE though Mark Clayton was horrible.

5. Go Web Go!

Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

My apologies, :)

6. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

Tom Brady rapes all yer mothers. Dan Marino was very good, but not as good as Montana and Elway. He was a hot shot, ala Peyton Manning, who had very good recivers and no running back...he HAD to pass. And the BS about how defenses could then just concentrate on Marino is exactly that...BS. Plenty of quarterbacks have put up gawdy numbers with no running back. Marino was great, but I'd take Elway, Montana, or Brady over him any day of the week.

Yay!

7. Go Web Go!

Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Brady over Marino? Blehhh...

By the way, Brady was just traded to WSH. Put on ESPNEWS.

Just kidding. Burn. :)

8. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

I saw Dan Marino choke against some really beatable teams. San Diego in 1994 was pretty bad. Marino should have won that game.

9. Go Web Go!

Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Is one game going to water-down everything the guy has done in his career? How about Mr. Brady? Was last years game against a 4-12 Miami team on Monday night not a winnable game? Sure was, but what happened? He threw 2 picks in the last few minutes and "choked". Miami wins. Does that change peoples minds about him? Doubtful.

10. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

No. One game doesn't mess his career up. He lost in the Superbowl too, and his Miami teams generally underperformed. Is it all his fault? No. But, the buck stops with him. He was great, yes. Really great.

The Brady Miami game didn't matter. They won the Superbowl a month later. And his ****ty game in Denver is bleh too. He's won three, and Denver is a ***** of a place to play. Ask Marty.

11. Mister J

Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Exactly, plenty of guys have thrown for 5,000 yards and 48 TD's in the same year while going to the Super Bowl. And certainly, even more QB's have held the records for most completions, attempts, yards and TDs in a career. Marino didn't do anything special at all. It is BS about defenses concentrating on Marino. Even though Marino never had an accomplished running back, the defense wasn't careful, whatever RB was back there could easily scamper for 3, maybe 4 yards a pop.

12. Mister J

Explain to me how a guy who is second on the list for victories in a career, played on teams that generally underperformed. What type of expectations do you have for teams with no real defense or a running game? Seems to me those are the teams who aren't even mentioned in contention to win anything.

13. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

Are you having sex with Marino? hahaha

14. Alpha and Omega

Alpha and Omega Registered

:confused: Wow. Is every other team in that division going to forfeit? :o Well, forget about San Fran, but they still have Seattle and a viable threat in St. Louis to deal w/.

15. Go Web Go!

Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Meh. You lost the argument with that answer right there. :rolleyes:

16. Mister J

I see my retort to your poorly-constructed argument was more effective than I expected.:o

It's OK. I've done it before.

17. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

Shucks?

18. Go Web Go!

Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Shucks, indeed. Shucks, indeed. :(

19. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

Yes. You have vanquished me. :o

There's just not a lot more I can say. You love Danny, I think he's a great (but not the greatest) QB. Me getting into a pissing contest with you will make neither you nor I any more right or wrong. But if you want to win, very well: You win. Yay Mister J! :D

20. bored

bored One Sexy Lemur

Umm... didn't Peyton have one of the best running backs up until a day or two ago?

21. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

I meant he was a hot shot like Manning. Not the RB thing. Poorly worded on my part.

22. Mister J

It's not about winning. As you said, no one is going to change the opinion of anyone else. I was more intrigued by how you said Marino was great, then in the same thought you said plenty of QB's with no RB put up gaudy numbers (as if Marino's accomplishments were somehow pedestrian). It didn't really add up.

Montana and Elway are certainly in the discussion for greatest of all-time. Brady's not even close yet. Yes, he has 3 rings, but it's not as if he did it by himself. The guy has played 6 years (1 1/2 on the bench) and people want to put him in Canton. It's gonna take awhile longer.

23. Tukiluka

Tukiluka Registered

You gotta be able to take one idea, then move on to the next. Yes, Marino is great. But yes, lots of quarterbacks put up gawdy numbers. McNabb is not great...big numbers. Culpepper not great...big numbers. Rich Gannon not great...big numbers. Randall Cunningham not great...big numbers. Warren Moon really good, but not great...big numbers. All these guys had iffy running backs, and all put up great numbers. Clayton and Duper were really good receivers, and then Dan got Keith Jackson there at the end. He had a lot of outs, in a system designed around him. That he had a bad defense only further inflates his numbers, as coming from behind usually necessitates throwing more.

Brady had a cruddy run game for his first two championships, yet he won. His targets were also not as good as Clayton and Duper.

24. bored

bored One Sexy Lemur

Okay, everyone, this is getting extremely off-topic. Let's settle it with this: Marino is a legend who may have only excelled because his team had nothing else; and Brady is one of today's greats, who has got himself a nice set up Super Bowl rings. There. There's no reason to belittle either of them.

Now, let's talk about Free Agency again. The Browns are getting lots of good people, Edge is with the Cards now, and Jamal Lewis resigned with the Ravens. Discuss.

25. Mister J

I could further refute the Marino argument, but it's not going to change anything...

Why do the Ravens re-sign Lewis (who they basically threw under the bus last year) after they sign Mike Anderson. I know Chester Taylor left (his going to MINN makes no sense other than $$$), but still. You don't have one of those guys as a backup, especially when they both have new deals.

More importantly, why have the Dolphins not signed Brees yet?