NHL thread: Lord Stanley’s Puck

How are the knights so good so damn fast

these deep playoff runs by the Isles are taking a toll on my nerves and my liver.

the anxiety kicks in by Noon on gamedays. Ugh.

**** yeah!!! What a poetic win. :D

Go Habs Go!

I've felt like I'm going to throw up for the last 6 hours. Biggest Islander game since I was 8 years old.

Montreal played as best as they likely could tonight and it still wasn't enough.

For the second year in a row, its looking like Isles/Lightning was the true SCF

I'm not sad to see the Bolts win it again. The Kucherov salary cap antics aside (which are a little exaggerated) they built their team the right way, they play the right way, and they deserve this.

Yeah, not disappointed one bit of the Habs' run. We weren't even supposed to win a single game against the Leafs according to "experts"... So, not a bad run at all. :D

TB has a stacked team, front to back (being $18M over the cap or not). Will be interesting to see how they'll look during off-season because clearly they'll have to sell some assets.

So Tampa is back to back Championship winners with Hockey and first victory in Football, let's see next year if that could potentially happen in baseball (ha dream on ha ha)

Yeah, not disappointed one bit of the Habs' run. We weren't even supposed to win a single game against the Leafs according to "experts"... So, not a bad run at all. :D

TB has a stacked team, front to back (being $18M over the cap or not). Will be interesting to see how they'll look during off-season because clearly they'll have to sell some assets.

When I do standup, my whole opener (for local audiences) is ripping on the Leafs, and it gets a great reaction (boos, but the good kind). Thanks to the Habs, I get to do this for at least another year.

I'm very happy my Avalanche in a high-scoring game defeated a great Blues team 4-3 so the Blues are no longer an undefeated team after that loss.
I became a Calgary Flames fan in 2020 after they lost to the Stars in the NHL Playoffs because they have bright colors, a terrific name, and the terrific logo that is a C that has flames on the left side.
The Flames continue to play terrific hockey because they shut out the Penguins 4-0. I'm very amazed that they've been winning games since October 21, 2021, which is 1 day before my 36th birthday.
The Flames look like 1 of the best teams in the NHL.
My Blackhawks being winless is less depressing because most likely my Flames are going to make the playoffs, possibly my Avalanche also make the Playoffs, and my Bulls are having a good season.
I'm still very depressed that the Blackhawks had an unsafe work environment.

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype.
It's like rock'n roll never happened."

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

When are we gonna start talking about the new season?
Some teams are playing really well that we wouldn't have ever suspected..
Panthers, Hurricanes, Stars, Flames, heck, even the Rangers...

Capitals are in first place in the Met. Tons of false optimism among my fellow Caps fans. Then they'll get to the playoffs and very politely bow out in the first round again.

You can't fault the Caps for their good manners!

Capitals are in first place in the Met. Tons of false optimism among my fellow Caps fans. Then they'll get to the playoffs and very politely bow out in the first round again.

You can't fault the Caps for their good manners!

Getting rid of Trotz was a HUGE error...

Getting rid of Trotz was a HUGE error...

Trotz, then the Vrana trade. This is a tired, old team that's just getting older. They are literally playing now for Ovechkin to break Gretzky's record (which at 750 goals at the age of 36, I think he will do). Their window for another Cup has pretty much closed, unless they go on an insanely lucky run like Montreal did last year.

Only consolation is, the Pens are tired and old too :)

I know McDavid is an idiot. Hearing him in interviews for the last few years proved that, but his latest comments about Evander Kane coming to Edmonton are just too dumb for words. Clearly the Oilers learned nothing from the ****storm that the Blackhawks dealt with when it was revealed that management and top players kept quiet about the abuse Beach suffered. Kane is a serial abuser. Are they all going to claim ignorance when he eventually goes to prison or gets seriously sued?

I'm amazed that the Flames easily defeated the high-scoring Panthers 5-1 in Calgary because I didn't see them winning by that amount, and holding the Panthers to 1 goal.
A great win for the Flames that scored a variety of ways, and I noticed from highlights the Flames have a great celebration that is fire shot out when the Flames score a goal.

January 17, 2022, is a historic day for the San Jose Sharks because Timo Meier became the first San Jose Shark player to score 5 goals in 1 game. The Sharks easily defeated the Kings 6-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"