NHL thread: Lord Stanley’s Puck

Themanofbat

Never Mind the Buttocks...
Reaction score
Well, the Season starts next Wednesday
Should be a funny season with teams playing each other 9 or 10 times, some games being like a 3 day baseball series

let the discussions begin.

As always, I will cheer for the Oilers, but dear god an all Canadian division and having to play the Flames 11 times.

*Snore*

I love Calgary/Edmonton games, it's like watching two skunks fight over a half-eaten chicken. :o

As always, I will cheer for the Oilers, but dear god an all Canadian division and having to play the Flames 11 times.

*Snore*

I'll give you one win...
Calgary wins series 10-1

And the hecklers come out.

I'm giving the edge to Edmonton because Calgary is not good.

In 2021, I will have been 10 years without a team :waa:

I've been so focused on my terrible football team that I haven't even mentally prepared myself for this season yet. Although, I did watch some of the World Juniors.

My Capitals have made some flashy moves this past off-season, picking up a new coach (Peter Laviolette), a legendary goalie (Henrik Lunquist), and a legendary defenceman (Zdeno Chara). OTOH this team is getting very old and there are major questions on their bottom six. Personally, I'd like to see them go with the youth movement on the bottom six, bringing in some of their prospects like Connor McMichael.

Overall I'd say they're a dark horse team just like they have been for the last couple of years. However, no Holtby and a weak bottom 6 will ultimately sink them.

And the hecklers come out.

I'm giving the edge to Edmonton because Calgary is not good.

I dunno, I think Calgary has a better Top Six, and a solid 3rd & 4th line. Edmonton arguably has the best 1-2 punch in the league, but their D and goaltending will hurt them. . Unless they picked up a goalie that I'm unaware of...

I dunno, I think Calgary has a better Top Six, and a solid 3rd & 4th line. Edmonton arguably has the best 1-2 punch in the league, but their D and goaltending will hurt them. . Unless they picked up a goalie that I'm unaware of...

No new goalie. Maybe Mike Smith can up his game.

The Leafs made their opener way too interesting for my taste. However, that was a brilliant pass in OT for the high % shot on goal.

%#%#% Flames need to learn that hockey is a 60 minute game, not 20 minutes
:cmad: :cmad: :cmad:
:csad:

Jack Hughes off to a fast start this year for the Devils.

Bring it on, Minnesota!
ccb2003.jpg

Winnipeg traded Patrik Laine and Jack Roslovic to Columbus for Pierre-Luc Dubois and a third round pick.

I hope Laine is ready to have Torts shouting his brains off.

Not having Klefbom is really hurting us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"