The Dark Knight Nicholson on Ledger playing the Joker

I dont know why he is furious. Of course the Joker would have been bought back into the Batman movie franchise at some point in the future, surely he would have known this, and known that he would not be approached about the role. He has already played it and is now too old (i thought he was too old for the original as well, but lets not start a Jack Joker argument).

Are people so insane to beleive he was being serious? :whatever: the guys far to old and he knows it Jack is ever the sly fox with the acid tongue and sharper wit he WAS the Joker Ledger will be different but the comparisons will always be debated after the film is released i personally think the two performances will be too different to really judge them.

Never ask if we're insane, the answer is always yes. He did get serious at the end of the question's answer. He's just bitter. I would slightly be bitter about it too. He's not getting the usual attention and this new kid comes in and not only gets all the girls but gets alot of praise from the boys too. With Ledger, women want him, men want to be him. With Jack it's different. Depending on Ledger's Joker's comical side depends on who tops the Joker jokes.

Sequel? lost Burtons spirit?
Something tells me old Jack knows nothing about Nolans films.

OK I love jack, hell we all do BUT....

Also let us not forget that JACK PASSED ON THE JOKER ROLE IN THE BURTON MOVIE!!!!!

They needed to use robin williams name to help jack jump onto the ship faster.Williams is still mad that they used his name as a way to coax Jack into the role.

He probably never saw anything after Batman forever and never even heard of Begins.
I think he wants a nice peice of that joker merchandising like he did the last time(yet another MAIN reason he signed on to B89) .:oldrazz:

If that's the case, Warners should just give the old fart a "Jack Nicholson" doll so he can mooch on that.

Lord I can see the commercial now...

---------

Tired of playing with young, upbeat action figures?

Lonely watching the Lakers on TV all by yourself?

Do you have a brothel of your sisters Barbie dolls that are screaming out for plastic pleasure?

Then get of your ass and head on don to your local toy store to pick up....

jack%20nicolson.jpg

THE JACK NICHOLSON HOLLYWOOD EDITION DOLL

Dressed in the cheap, tacky garb of a Californian Used Car Salesman, Jack comes with a set of AMAZING features...

1: 5 "Nicholisms" phrases...including "F**k Heath Ledger..." "Mars Attacks wasn't MY fault" and "You're good baby, but Pfieffer was better."

2: Incredible "Skotch Chugging" ACTION.

3: A built in AM/FM Radio so you can listen to Laker games no matter where you go...NICHOLSON DEMANDS IT...

4: A unique scratch n' sniff feature that will give your nostrils access to the smells of Nicholson...including such OUTRAGEOUS scents as "Actin Power Station Fumes" "C**t that's been out in the rain" "Bathtub of Stetson Cologne" and "MONEY"

----------

So order your "JACK NICHOLSON HOLLYWOOD EDITION DOLL" today...

Current retail price is $1999.95...after all...

163429__nicholson_l.jpg

JACK: That new Yacht ain't gonna buy itself...

------------

CFE

You know, I think you may be onto something here. Back in '89 no one ever contested that Jack Nicholson was the Joker. If Heath Ledger nails his performance, people will be extolling how good he was in the role. Remember, it has almost been 20 years since the first Burton Batman movie and times change.

C'mon guys its JACK NICHOLSON!

No matter how good Ledger is i beleive he will never be remembered like jack, films are too throwaway today few films are really remembered after a couple of years unlike 15-20 years ago. Jack is one of the all time greats of cinema period and nailed his interpretation of the joker he was hailed by critics and fanboys alike he naturally will be more fondly remembered no matter what Ledger produces.

I think its bad form to slate such an amazing actor just because there is a new film coming out its frickking JACK NICHOLSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know why he is furious. Of course the Joker would have been bought back into the Batman movie franchise at some point in the future, surely he would have known this, and known that he would not be approached about the role. He has already played it and is now too old (i thought he was too old for the original as well, but lets not start a Jack Joker argument).

He was too old, too short and too wide to be the comic's Joker. But for a film version, he was pretty good. Best I had seen in those days. But man has Ledger taken us all for a spin. He's scary, dark, debonaire, threatening, twisted. Can't get much more Joker than that. And people nowadays want to see the dark side of Joker with that sick humor twist like in The Killing Joke. It's part of what's going to make TDK so great.

Films are not more diposable today IMO.

If that's the case, Warners should just give the old fart a "Jack Nicholson" doll so he can mooch on that.

---------

Do you have a brothel of your sisters Barbie dolls that are screaming out for plastic pleasure?

jack%20nicolson.jpg

Dressed in the cheap, tacky garb of a Californian Used Car Salesman, Jack comes with a set of AMAZING features...

1: 5 "Nicholisms" phrases...including "F**k Heath Ledger..." "Mars Attacks wasn't MY fault" and "You're good baby, but Pfieffer was better."

3: A built in AM/FM Radio so you can listen to Laker games no matter where you go...NICHOLSON DEMANDS IT...

4: A unique scratch n' sniff feature that will give your nostrils access to the smells of Nicholson...including such OUTRAGEOUS scents as "Actin Power Station Fumes" "C**t that's been out in the rain" "Bathtub of Stetson Cologne" and "MONEY"

----------

163429__nicholson_l.jpg

------------

CFE

That's f***ing funny dude. And scary at the same time.

^Nolan is good but few directors have the style of Burton he has the type of movies where you know 10 minutes in who the director is.

^Nolan is good but few directors have the style of Burton he has the type of movies where you know 10 minutes in who the director is.

Agreed, Nolan is about scripts, twists, plotting, whereas Burton is about imagery, cinematography, music etc.

C'mon guys its JACK NICHOLSON!

No matter how good Ledger is i beleive he will never be remembered like jack, films are too throwaway today few films are really remembered after a couple of years unlike 15-20 years ago. Jack is one of the all time greats of cinema period and nailed his interpretation of the joker he was hailed by critics and fanboys alike he naturally will be more fondly remembered no matter what Ledger produces.

I think its bad form to slate such an amazing actor just because there is a new film coming out its frickking JACK NICHOLSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well think about what Ledger has on his side that Jack didn't.

Ledger has these virals, check out the attention and praise he's already got from that alone.

Ledger is younger, more agile and will have stronger fight scenes with bats.

Ledger has thousands of female fans that will go to see this film simply because he's in it.

The internet is on Ledger's side and so far he's in the lead in popularity with Jack. He'll sadly be remembered more.

Agreed, Nolan is about scripts, twists, plotting, whereas Burton is about imagery, cinematography, music etc.

I agree as well. Tim's concepts of imagery and his artistic perceptions are a big portion of why his Batman films appealed to me (and everyone else I'm sure) so much.

CFE

That's true, but he makes it sound like they had to asked him about the Joker and that Burton was the end all be all.

Nothing wrong with that. There are guys in this forum that think Burton or Nolan are the end all be all of Batman directors.

Burton is style with no substance, Nolan is substance with no style.
Or something.

So let's pull a Frankenstein's Monster and fuse the two of them together.

Then we'd have the ULTIMATE "Batman" director.

CFE

The only part that surprised me about Nicholson's words was where he apparently thought TDK is a sequal to Burton's movie. :huh: Other than that, I expected his reaction. I figured he'd be bitter about the whole thing just because he's that full of himself. Film footage of him saying this stuff would help, but I seriously doubt that he's joking. I think the laugh was just a way of showing that he's not going to throw a hissyfit over it, but he's still pissed off.

The only part that surprised me about Nicholson's words was where he apparently thought TDK is a sequal to Burton's movie. :huh: Other than that, I expected his reaction. I figured he'd be bitter about the whole thing just because he's that full of himself. Film footage of him saying this stuff would help, but I seriously doubt that he's joking. I think the laugh was just a way of showing that he's not going to throw a hissyfit over it, but he's still pissed off.

But the interview still made him sound like he was b*tching up a storm about it anyway...:huh:

CFE

---------

jack%20nicolson.jpg

----------

163429__nicholson_l.jpg

------------

CFE

Yes well, I know whats number 1 on my x-mas list now.

- Jow

But the interview still made him sound like he was b*tching up a storm about it anyway...:huh:

CFE
What I meant was, I don't think he's going to call up somebody (i.e. Nolan or Ledger) and cuss them out over it. I consider a Jack hissyfit to be different than the hissyfit of the average person. lol

It's just that, while the Joker is such an iconic role (certainly to us)...in the end it IS only a role.

Given the richness of his career, to think Jack would get THIS uppity about any one role he's played is a little ridiculous.

It's a role from a nearly 20 year old film...and again, Nicholson doesn't seem to me to be the kind of personality that would care THIS much about any of the past roles he's played.

I just wish I could be there to see the look on Jacks face when SOMEONE finally has the brains to tell him this franchise is in no way a part of the previous one.

CFE

Which one would you choose to be friends with, if that Joker version was real?...and this was somehow Gotham.

joker.jpg

Crazy comical Joker.

jokershot2.jpg

Lets go on a killing spree while laughing Joker.

My vote's with the new cat.

Which one would you choose to be friends with, if that Joker version was real?...and this was somehow Gotham.

joker.jpg

Crazy comical Joker.

jokershot2.jpg

I'd actually choose to be friends with Jack's Joker simply because I think I'd be able to survive longer around him than I would around Heath's Joker. Heath looks like one crazy mother****er as Mista J!

joker.jpg

Crazy comical Joker.

jokershot2.jpg

I'll wait and see before i judge, there's still the chance he could suck.
Wont start urinating on Jack just yet.

Well think about what Ledger has on his side that Jack didn't.

Ledger has these virals, check out the attention and praise he's already got from that alone.

Ledger is younger, more agile and will have stronger fight scenes with bats.

Ledger has thousands of female fans that will go to see this film simply because he's in it.

The internet is on Ledger's side and so far he's in the lead in popularity with Jack. He'll sadly be remembered more.

In answer to this all i have to say is:

ITS FRICKKING JACK NICHOLSON!
jack1.jpg

joker1.jpg

jack2.jpg

The name alone speaks for it self people I could name 10 great jack performances to anything Ledger has done Jacks the king one of the best around and therefore will be more remembered then Ledger deal with it people. Ledger IMO will be good theres no doubt of that but jack is just probably the greatest liveing actor around today. these posts by haters trying to cling to there hope that HL will be more remembered are kidding themselves BIG TIME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"