Nick Fury actor preference.

I saw Starship Troopers 2 and Richard Burgi sure looked like the 616 version of Fury to me. Just add an eyepatch. ;)

NickFury.JPG

j-prm-12.jpg

Clooney

That dude from Starship Troopers 2

Mel Gibson

ALL GREAT CHOICES

John C McGuinley???

Hmmmm I LIKE IT!!!!!

But I just read Someone said Bruce Campbell

SOMEONE CAST HIM AS HAL JORDAN/ NICK FURY NOW!!!!!

As much as I love Sam Jackson and as much as the Ultimate Nick is based on him

Its just too close to his role as the spymaster in Triple X

And for the record Hasselhoff as Nick - and Lundgren as the Punisher didnt suck in their respective roles

Crappy direction , production design and costume, supporting cast and Script let them down

David Goyer wrote that Nick Fury debacle - shame goyer...... bad goyer!!!!

Punisher 04 said:
furia.jpg
samuel_l_jackson.jpg

How About That?

Well considering that Ultimate Fury IS SUPPOSED to look exactly like Samual L Jackson, what exactly is your point?

CorporalHicks said:
michael biehn

They probably want someone with more recent experience opening a movie and being relatively successful at it

Wizard's pick for Nick Fury
daypres2.jpg

That's right Wizard picked Dennis Quaid to play Nick Fury.

greenlantern248 said:
Wizard's pick for Nick Fury
daypres2.jpg

That's right Wizard picked Dennis Quaid to play Nick Fury.

What the bad place is on his head, dandruff?

I dislike Dennis Quaid too much to want him to lead a Marvel movie. The dukee wore a "vote for Pedro" t-shirt on the Daily Show. How much more obvious of an insecure wannabe hip delusional old man can you get.

I wonder if since it's a paramount movie that they'd look to their own stable of actors from one of their shows on a Viacom station. George Eads could work I just don't know how old they'll make Nick. Another unconventional choice would be Jeff Bridges if he could get into the right shape.

Who cares if it seems unoriginal? Kurt Russell is still perfect for Nick Fury.

two questions:

why is everyone so enamored with Samuel L. Jackson? All he can do is act angry, I have seen no range in any of his acting, in Star wars he was disapproving and upset, in that movie he did with John Travolta he was angry and upset, as shaft he was angry but righteous. In SWAT he was angry and gruff. I mean the man has the emotional range of a 15 year old boy. ( <--- thats not a lot of range, for those of you who couldn't figure that out)

2nd) IF they did a movie with Nick Fury in it, wouldn't it be an appearance in the Captai nAmeirca film?

Kingfish said:
Who cares if it seems unoriginal? Kurt Russell is still perfect for Nick Fury.

It's way beyond the realm of unoriginality. It's an absurd, utterly illogical notion. To have the same actor play 2 surley eye patch wearing, gun-toting, 5 O'Clock shadow sporting lead heroes.

You people are just annoying who can't see beyond duplication of other movies.

You know what, maybe this guy would be perfect for Fury:

transporter5.jpg

Or, more seriously, go f*** yourself BT18. If you can't recognize that other people have opinions of their own and that just maybe you don't know everything about everything, then your just an arrogant prick who should jump up his own ash and die.

Kingfish said:
You know what, maybe this guy would be perfect for Fury:

transporter5.jpg

Or, more seriously, go f*** yourself BT18. If you can't recognize that other people have opinions of their own and that just maybe you don't know everything about everything, then your just an arrogant prick who should jump up his own ash and die.

I don't call the opinion of anyone who I disagree with absurd. Either attempt to see the idiocy of the idea, learn more about show biz to see why it's so idioitc, agree to disagree, but don't make some blatantly untrue implication of the sort that you leveled at me.

And on Statham, he wouldn't be terrible if he wore a toupee and could perform with a flawless American accent. However why bother when you can cast someone with star power who can open a movie. Otherwise you might as well cast this guy

17616323617.gif

Right. Multiple people suggest Kurt Russell and you call it an absurd, utterly illogical notion. Just because you dont want a person to play a certain part you criticize the choice and call those who suggest it annoying and unoriginal. Someone suggests Dennis Quaid and you bash into him for awhile. Youre just a flamer who thinks that by attacking other people's choices it makes yours look better.

There's one person who's a flamer in this conversation and it's the one who lacks a "young guns" flashing avatar.

I think Emelio is the dreamiest

Gravitas, my friend. Gravitas.

you got it man. no prob. here, a gift from me to you:

emilio-estevez03.jpg

It also depends on what incarnation of Nick Fury you're going for. Sam Jackson is fine, but if they're gonna do the Howling Commandoes version, I'd vote either Madsen or Dennis Quaid.

I don't know anything about Quaid's private life, but I don't think it's something that should be given much consideration when you're talking about a role. Jeff Bridges is probably the best actor on that list of potential Nick Furys, but I don't know if I could buy him as a hardass. Keep in mind that my experience with Jeff Bridges is limited to The Fisher King, K-PAX, The Big Lebowski and Seabiscuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"