T-800 User
Reaction score
UtdbSBC.png

So we have three Joe Exotic related projects in the works:

The show with Kate McKinnon as Baskin
This one
Ryan Murphy and Rob Lowe working on their own project

Of course he is, i expected nothing less. XD

I haven't seen Tiger King yet, but what's the point if almost everyone already knows the story?

‘Joe Exotic Starring Kate McKinnon Gets Series Order: NBC,Peacock, USA – Deadline

NBCUniversal is going all in for Joe Exotic (working title), UCP’s limited series starring and executive produced by Kate McKinnon, which has received a joint straight-to-series order by the NBCUniversal Television and Streaming divisions. In a sign of things to come for vertically integrated media companies, the high profile limited series is getting an unprecedented rollout across three different NBCU entertainment platforms, a broadcast network, NBC, a streamer, Peacock, and a basic cable network, USA.

Originally set up ay NBCU’s last November, interest in Joe Exotic, based on the second season of Wondery’s Over My Dead Body podcast, skyrocketed this past spring because of the massive popularity of the Netflix docuseries Tiger King, about the real-life characters depicted in the Joe Exotic limited series. Joe Exotic is one of two high-profile scripted series adaptations of the stranger-than-fiction true story, along with one starring Nicolas Cage as Joe Exotic.

Penned by Etan Frankel, based on the Wondery podcast, the limited series is based on true events following Carole Baskin (McKinnon), a big cat enthusiast, who learns that when fellow exotic animal lover Joe “Exotic” Schreibvogel is breeding and using his big cats for profit, she sets out to shut down his venture, inciting a quickly escalating rivalry. But Carole has a checkered past of her own and when the claws come out, Joe will stop at nothing to expose what he sees as her hypocrisy. The results prove dangerous.

The role of Joe “Exotic” Schreibvogel has not yet been cast.

Jesus help your people.

Can’t wait to see how Cage looks when this starts filming!

Yeah, Hollywood was so desperate a year ago when the pandemic hit that they didn't seem to realize that Tiger King's popularity would be short-lived, apart from the fact that no adaptation could be as insane and entertaining as the real thing was. I suppose they could add an extra element of Joe in prison waiting for that pardon from Trump that never came.

Really didn’t understand the need for two of these projects.
I don’t even see the need for one. We’ve all seen the real thing in the documentary series, nothing Hollywood cooks up is going to enhance that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"