Apocalypse Nightcrawler in the Apocalypse Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Super Jim
You need much better math teacher.
Jean was 12 in 1981. Havok was about 17 in 1962, Hank even older. Mystqiue is 2 years younger than Charles, who was 12 in 1944.
How old are they in 1985?
Do your homework!

Sha was 11 when Xavier n Erik met her at the beginning of X3. Official timeline from Empire made a mistake: It mentions young Jean :1981 and X3 : 2007 whereas the movie says 20 years ago

Hold on now...

You're saying that girl that was sitting in the chair in the Grey's living room was supposed to be 11 years old?

That doesn't make a lot of sense, at least looks wise. Can you please explain where you got that from, because everywhere I've read it had this happening in 1985 and had her at 15.

Thanks...

What Jean Grey at her 15?
Heley Ramm played Jean as a child. nowhere we can read she was 15 during X3 intro

I think you're right, her exact age is not specifically specified anywhere, just that it was in 1985 when Professor X and Erik visited her.

I speculated that the young Jean that we saw was around 15...

Now Heley Ramm was born in 1992 and the X3 scene was filmed in 2005, so that would make her 13 years old at that time. So I really don't think my speculation of young Jean being 15 is that far off. So if Jean was the same age as the actress that played her, 13, in 1985 when Professor X and Erik visited her, that would make her 13 years old in the Apocalypse movie, if it takes place in 1985, as I've speculated makes sense.

At this point how can we be even thinking that we're not getting a teenage cast?

We know that this one will be about Jean, Scott and Storm; yes?

And we know that it will take place in the 80's; yes?

Mid-80's is most likely, but even later 90's will put then in their teenage years.

As far as "angsty", I think it's all on the portrayals and the script!

Now that I thought about Nightcrawler being included in this movie, I hope they feature him in this movie. Like they met him earlier, in the 70s and he'll stay with the X-Men up to the altered future.

I don't think they will have it where they met Nightcrawler in the 70's. More likely (and hopefully) we will get to see Professor X (and maybe Beast) go to Europe to investigate a new mutant.

Hopefully he'll be at the gypsy circus and we'll get to see him as the high wire act. Hopefully, just like in the comic, he would be known as the Nightcrawler and people would believe that he is wearing a costume. Maybe we would get to meet Amanda Sefton and/or Margali Szardos. Something could happen where he is exposed, forcing Professor X and Beast to intervene.

Intros happen, he can't stay, bamf, we're at the school. Well, not "bamf", they would take the jet...

Was just reading a really bad idea about having Colossus in the Apocalypse movie and someone posted something about Nightcrawler being a baby in the movie. Hopefully this post was based on a flashback scene idea, and not a belief that Nightcrawler would be a baby in 1983...

Does everyone agree with my age timeline for Nightcrawler? Here it is again for those who haven't read it...

1. Mystique is Nightcrawler's mother and Azazel is Nightcrawler's father (just like in the comics). I would hope they wouldn't mess with this!

2. Mystique left the X-Men and joined Erik's Brotherhood on October, 28th, 1962.

3. Azazel (along with Tempest) was killed by Project Wideawake in July of 1963.

4. So Mystique and Azazel would have had to have been "together" between late October of 1962 and July of 1963.

5. That would mean that Nightcrawler (assuming a standard 9 month gestation period) was born between the end of July 1963 and April 1964.

6. So, in 1983 Nightcrawler would have to be between 19 and 20.

Does everyone agree that this is a finite issue and that if Nightcrawler is in the movie and it does take place in 1983, that he will need to be 19 or 20?????

Last edited:
Was just reading a really bad idea about having Colossus in the Apocalypse movie and someone posted something about Nightcrawler being a baby in the movie. Hopefully this post was based on a flashback scene idea, and not a belief that Nightcrawler would be a baby in 1983...

Does everyone agree with my age timeline for Nightcrawler? Here it is again for those who haven't read it...

1. Mystique is Nightcrawler's mother and Azazel is Nightcrawler's father (just like in the comics). I would hope they wouldn't mess with this!

2. Mystique left the X-Men and joined Erik's Brotherhood on October, 28th, 1962.

3. Azazel (along with Tempest) was killed by Project Wideawake in July of 1963.

4. So Mystique and Azazel would have had to have been "together" between late October of 1962 and July of 1963.

5. That would mean that Nightcrawler (assuming a standard 9 month gestation period) was born between the end of July 1963 and April 1964.

6. So, in 1983 Nightcrawler would have to be between 19 and 20.

Does everyone agree that this is a finite issue and that if Nightcrawler is in the movie and it does take place in 1983, that he will need to be 19 or 20?????

That sounds reasonable and logical - IF they decide to keep the idea of Azazel as the father.

It makes most sense to fans (and is logical that Red Teleporter + Blue Metamorph = Blue Teleporter), but it might feel odd that it wasn't mentioned in DoFP.

The thing Is I don't think we should use the viral campagin as when Azarel died.DOFP hints at Magneto and Mystique being close till he went to dallas
to try to save JFK.

They could easily say Mystique took comfort with Azarel and nightcrawler was the product.

Nightcrawler could be around the same age as Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In film
16 to 18 years old.

That sounds reasonable and logical - IF they decide to keep the idea of Azazel as the father.

It makes most sense to fans (and is logical that Red Teleporter + Blue Metamorph = Blue Teleporter), but it might feel odd that it wasn't mentioned in DoFP.

^ Well, Nightcrawler wasn't in DOFP, and Azazel was dead.

Mystique did show a lot of emotion when she saw the pictures of the mutants who were killed by Project Wideawake, so in a sense that could indicate that she had feelings for Azazel.

Erik might not have been aware since he was locked up for Kennedy's murder. And all of the other Brotherhood members are gone, so there is really no one left (other than Mystique) that would be in a position to know that she was pregnant. It's also very possible, if not likely, that once she became pregnant that she would have left the Brotherhood to be on her own. This could have led to her being (temporarily) a Wagner in Germany, leading to the borth of Kurt and him being discarded by Mystique and somehow found or brought to Margali.

In a lot of ways it really makes sense that it wasn't addressed in DOFP. The only issue could be that Professor X did not determine this when he (obviously) read Raven's mind during the Paris Peace Accord incident, and/or the White House incident. An argument could be made that he was too busy trying to talk sense into her (and Erik) to probe an event from 10 years ago, and that's a fair point.

I don't think they can not say azazel is his father, its way to coincidental how alike they are

The thing Is I don't think we should use the viral campagin as when Azarel died.DOFP hints at Magneto and Mystique being close till he went to dallas
to try to save JFK.

They could easily say Mystique took comfort with Azarel and nightcrawler was the product.

Nightcrawler could be around the same age as Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In film
16 to 18 years old.

Personally, I believe the viral campaign, which was from the movie studio, is solid evidence, but at the same time I just spent the last half hour searching for pictures of Trask's secret files.

I couldn't find pictures of these...

I was hoping that possibly there would be information to help cooroborate the July 1963 date for Azazel's death.

Anyone have these pics?

If Azazel is father and Mystigue is mother, the only way Kurt was born in 1963 and left by Mystqiue in Europe. He'll be 20 in 1983.

^ BINGO!!!

Maybe born in 1964, if he was conceived in the summer (say June or July) of 1963, making him possibly 19 in 1983

Last edited:
If Azazel is father and Mystigue is mother, the only way Kurt was born in 1963 and left by Mystqiue in Europe. He'll be 20 in 1983.

Yes if hes Mystique's son he will be older than Scott Jean Ororo.

Yes! We have consensus!

At the same time, I don't think it will hurt the storyline in any way if Kurt is a year or two older than Jean, Scott and/or Jean. Just like it didn't hurt that some of the First Class member were obviously older than some of the others.

why would mystique leave Nightcrawler? :huh::csad:

only thing i can think of is maybe Magneto was the jealous type (they do have history as pointed in the telephone scene in DOFP) and she was tryna hide her pregnancy and birth? Or Mags tries to kill him in a rage when he finds out the baby isn't his and comes out lookin like Azazel...

shrugs

In the comic Mystique, with baby Kurt, was being chased by an angry mob. She threw her baby off a cliff (assumedly to kill him???). The baby was saved by his father, Azazel.

I don't think this storyline would work for this X-Universe. In this one Mystique is proud of being a mutant and she wouldn't run from an angry mob of non-mutants. She also wouldn't be ashamed of her son's appearance.

With that being said there are many different stories that could be used. For example, off the top of my head, we could see a flashback where we see Erik and Raven together, as we all expected after First Class. We could also see Azazel forcing himself on Mystique, or maybe she was tricked by him, or plain ole' cheats on Erik with Azazel.

Either way, 9 months later (or earlier, if it is seen during an ultrasound), it is proven that it is not Erik's child, but Azazel's. Either Mystique leaves to hide this from Erik, and/or from fear of Azazel taking the baby, or Mystique and Erik fight about this turn of events causing her to be rejected by him. Personally, I like the idea of her leaving to hide this from Erik, after finding this out during an exam (who would she have the exam done by?).

This could cause reasons for Mystique abandoning her baby. Maybe she does throw him from the cliff (since this child was the cause of her problems with Erik, or for a similar reason), though Azazel can't be the one to save him since he'd be dead by the time Kurt is born. Or maybe Mystique is the one to give the baby to Margali since she knows that she isn't ready to raise the child, and/or it will be too dangerous with what she is doing. Maybe she wants to go back to Erik and knows that knowledge of Kurt (being the product of Mystique and Azazel) would cause major issues, both for her personally, and maybe even for the Brotherhood.

What a great flashback this could be!!! Imagine we see some of this stuff above, and we see Mystique leave. Next we see her as Baroness Wagner giving birth, which would be a pretty interesting scene. And then we see her giving up the baby to Margali (at the circus). Flash forward almost 20 years and we see Kurt as the high flying act in the circus and a scene plays out that exposes him and which causes Professor X (and Beast?), who are there searching for this Mutant signature, to intervene, which brings Kurt to the school.

Wow, that would be AMAZING!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"