Apocalypse Nightcrawler in the Apocalypse Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
its time for the funny Kurt, agreed.
Alan version and concept was excelent, but no need to repeat the same thing being that younger

I don't really get it, the two aspects that people seem to be dividing are what make him enjoyable, I want to see him be fun and all circusy but I don't want to lose his religion, Nightcrawler in X2 clearly showed signs of humour, it was just the whole tone of the film that set the path for more of a serious approach.

I'm all for funny Kurt, but no lines like what Super Jim has.

Kurt can be funny with the skin tattoos.

if Bryan made Quicksilver funny, when he was never funny in the comics, I see no reason why Bryan cant make one x-man funny, and Kurt should be the one this time around.
The believer side of Kurt can be teased and developed in future sequels, but since he will be young, they have more freedom to explore other sides of him and have more fun

Quicksilver was funny in X-Men: Evolution, which was pretty clearly the inspiration for DoFP Quicksilver.

X-Men: Evolution could serve as inspiration for Nightcrawler as well (and Cyclops for that matter).

I liked quick silver in dofp/evolution, hate him in the comics.

I don't know about a funny Nightcrawler, but I liked the Nightcrawler that we saw in X2. So I hope if they will use Nightcrawler again, he is similar to what we saw in X2.

There may be an attempt to have some similitarys to X2 version even though that film Is now "Erased" due to time travel of DOFP.

The X2 version had been In circus.So here it could be similar except he meets X-Men much sooner and he never was used by stryker.

^ Yes. But since it's a younger Nightcrawler maybe it's the more fun, swashbuckling version and not the overly religious version...

I love Nightcrawler.

[peeweevoice]If you love him so much, then why don't you marry him??[/peeweevoice]

Well I would, but he's not real. :whatever: Ahem... anyway.

I'm going to be totally un-hipster and say honestly that his appearance in X2 was when I first knew of his existence. I loved X1, but that awesome, kick-ass fight scene in X2 was what got me to start reading the comics. And then I fell even more in love with the comic book character and kept wondering why they squished Alan Cummings' smarmy personality, perfect for the classic, swashbuckling Nightcrawler, into a meek religious dude (mind you, I haven't gotten to the part where extreme religiousness happens to him in the comics, yet. YES, I know he was always Catholic!)

I think it would be great if they explored that personality change in Apocalypse as a subplot. You'd think anything involving more character development for Mystique would be an automatic in for these movies...

:xmen: Prepare yourself for a speculative fan script pitch, citizen! :xmen:

The prologue:
1963. Magneto says his goodbyes to Mystique, says there's something he needs to take care of in Dallas. Fond goodbyes and sexytime happens. He instructs her to rescue Azazel from certain death and lay low for a while in Russia.
Azazel is imprisoned in a gulag, about to be executed. Mystique frees him and they escape West into the Russian wilderness. Sexytime happens because boredom and Azazel is good at seduction. Many months later and Soviet thugs are after them again. Azazel hunts them down and brutally kills them, giving Mystique second thoughts about fathering a child with a sociopath. Besides it's probably Eric's baby anyway... probably... She takes off towards Germany, stealing Azazel's sword for good measure, with a bun in the oven.
Just after crossing into West Germany, she goes into labor, and is taken in by kindly circus folk. The baby definitely isn't Eric's. She finds out in passing that Magneto was arrested for the assumed assassination of JFK. She's got no one to go back home to.
Last shot is of a crying baby Nightcrawler left alone on a bed with Azazel's sword.

The not-so-distant future:
Cyclops and Jean are finally tying the knot. Nightcrawler is the priest doing the honors. He apologizes to Jean for lying about his tattoos when they first met... they don't represent his sins, he got them when he was young and impressionable. He was a different man then, he never took anything seriously, hinting that something bad happened to him he doesn't feel like talking about. He admits he lied because he was trying to impress Storm.
During the wedding, holy poop, Apocalypse possesses Jean and some other people that are transformed into Horsemen. The Phoenix rears her ugly head and destroys most of the wedding party except Wolverine.
Wolverine goes back in time again, preferably in a different way than DOFP.

1983:
(this part is completely par baked) Wolverine finds Mystique and they need Nightcrawler, perhaps to help them find, move, or destroy Apocalypse's hibernating body before it wakes up. They find Kurt in the circus, totally hamming up his acrobatic skills. He has his beloved sword, Excalibur, strapped to his back. He is 20 years old and just got his first tattoo. On the way to wherever they need to go, they are witness to a woman being robbed. Nightcrawler jumps in without thinking and attempts to wrest the gun away from the bad guy, and the gun fires, killing the woman. Throughout the rest of the movie, he tries to rationalize what would have happened if he'd run the man through with Excalibur, would he be a hero for saving her or a murderer? Plus the tension between Mystique and Kurt... to tell him or not to tell him?

And then when the emotional subplot is resolved, the Kurt of the not-too-distant future is a bit more laid back and happy-go-lucky, with only one tattoo. :cwink:

Well, that was TL;DR wasn't it? Retcons galore! That's what I hope happens, but I know they probably wouldn't put that much emphasis on Nightcrawler in any movie. Oh well.

I love Nightcrawler.

[peeweevoice]If you love him so much, then why don't you marry him??[/peeweevoice]

I'm going to be totally un-hipster and say honestly that his appearance in X2 was when I first knew of his existence. I loved X1, but that awesome, kick-ass fight scene in X2 was what got me to start reading the comics. And then I fell even more in love with the comic book character and kept wondering why they squished Alan Cummings' smarmy personality, perfect for the classic, swashbuckling Nightcrawler, into a meek religious dude (mind you, I haven't gotten to the part where extreme religiousness happens to him in the comics, yet. YES, I know he was always Catholic!)

I think it would be great if they explored that personality change in Apocalypse as a subplot. You'd think anything involving more character development for Mystique would be an automatic in for these movies...

The prologue:
1963. Magneto says his goodbyes to Mystique, says there's something he needs to take care of in Dallas. Fond goodbyes and sexytime happens. He instructs her to rescue Azazel from certain death and lay low for a while in Russia.
Azazel is imprisoned in a gulag, about to be executed. Mystique frees him and they escape West into the Russian wilderness. Sexytime happens because boredom and Azazel is good at seduction. Many months later and Soviet thugs are after them again. Azazel hunts them down and brutally kills them, giving Mystique second thoughts about fathering a child with a sociopath. Besides it's probably Eric's baby anyway... probably... She takes off towards Germany, stealing Azazel's sword for good measure, with a bun in the oven.
Just after crossing into West Germany, she goes into labor, and is taken in by kindly circus folk. The baby definitely isn't Eric's. She finds out in passing that Magneto was arrested for the assumed assassination of JFK. She's got no one to go back home to.
Last shot is of a crying baby Nightcrawler left alone on a bed with Azazel's sword.

Cyclops and Jean are finally tying the knot. Nightcrawler is the priest doing the honors. He apologizes to Jean for lying about his tattoos when they first met... they don't represent his sins, he got them when he was young and impressionable. He was a different man then, he never took anything seriously, hinting that something bad happened to him he doesn't feel like talking about. He admits he lied because he was trying to impress Storm.
During the wedding, holy poop, Apocalypse possesses Jean and some other people that are transformed into Horsemen. The Phoenix rears her ugly head and destroys most of the wedding party except Wolverine.

1983:
(this part is completely par baked) Wolverine finds Mystique and they need Nightcrawler, perhaps to help them find, move, or destroy Apocalypse's hibernating body before it wakes up. They find Kurt in the circus, totally hamming up his acrobatic skills. He has his beloved sword, Excalibur, strapped to his back. He is 20 years old and just got his first tattoo. On the way to wherever they need to go, they are witness to a woman being robbed. Nightcrawler jumps in without thinking and attempts to wrest the gun away from the bad guy, and the gun fires, killing the woman. Throughout the rest of the movie, he tries to rationalize what would have happened if he'd run the man through with Excalibur, would he be a hero for saving her or a murderer? Plus the tension between Mystique and Kurt... to tell him or not to tell him?

And then when the emotional subplot is resolved, the Kurt of the not-too-distant future is a bit more laid back and happy-go-lucky, with only one tattoo. :cwink:

Well, that was TL;DR wasn't it? Retcons galore! That's what I hope happens, .
giphy.gif

dont-care-nope-Steve-Carell-The-Office-GIF.gif

I love Nightcrawler.

The prologue:

1983:

Well, that was TL;DR wasn't it? Retcons galore! That's what I hope happens, but I know they probably wouldn't put that much emphasis on Nightcrawler in any movie. Oh well.

So, um, the 1963/1964 stuff you write?...

Sure, effectively what I was thinking.

Having Mystique take Azazel's sword and give it to Nightcrawler is an interesting (though unnecessary) concept.

But all of your not so distant future and 1983 stuff is a bit out there. The idea of Nightcrawler being the Priest and Scott's and Jean's wedding? No thank you. And the whole tatoo thing? Please, just drop it and especially don't turn it into a "I lied to you about it cause I was trying to impress Storm" thing. Just please no!

Last edited:

Anyone else really want to see Kurt using his tail to wield a sword?

I would love to see the sword in the tail. That would be really cool.

only to pull it out though before putting it in his hand, I wanna see swashbuckling haha

I guess the next question is, what should Nightcrawler's costume look like?

Should it be the same throughout the movie?

I think what I would like is to see him in his classic costume at the beginning of the movie when, hopefully, if they go with the story I'd like to see, Professor X and some of the others go to Europe to find him.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../images/0/03/Kurt_Wagner_(Earth-616)_0006.jpghttp://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050616055431/marveldatabase/images/d/d0/Nightcrawler_004.jpg

By the middle to end of the movie I'd be cool with a change to his costume, as long as it made sense and looks good; oh, and includes a sword (or three)!

711522-x_men_legends_20040729042348671_640w_super.jpg

nightcrawler.jpg

Nightcrawler's red leotard and Dynasty-style shoulder pads might be a bit much, to be honest, lol...

And would he have all those skin markings? In X2, he said he had one for every sin, and he wouldn't have as many sins at a younger age.

He needs to be a bit more self-assured, mischievous and fun, more like an Errol Flynn swashbuckler. A bit lighter and less neurotic than he was in X2.

^ Totally agree. Just say NO to those skin markings and the whole religious thing.

Fun, mischievious, swashbuckling, flirtatious (with Storm) and self assured. That's what Kurt should be!

Yes to skin markings/tattoos, and yes to his religion. No to emo mopey-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"