Nightwing de Chris Mc Kay

Even if the dude from Stranger Things isn’t in the running, I’d have to say he’d make a good Nightwing. If they cast him, that would really get me interested in this project.

Deathstroke would be the perfect villain for a Nightwing movie

Slade as the arch nemesis to the Teen Titans and Dick as the leader of the group give them a long term standing relationship, I really hope Deathstroke is the villain

The script is done. Does that mean we can see filming, say, Spring next year?

So many release candidates on the slate for 2019...:hmr:

Deathstroke would be the perfect villain for a Nightwing movie

Slade as the arch nemesis to the Teen Titans and Dick as the leader of the group give them a long term standing relationship, I really hope Deathstroke is the villain

I’d rather they avoid making Slade the villain in a Nightwing or Titans movie. Slade is more of a morally gray character who can also be seen as a hero, but sometimes (because movies and TV can’t explore characters as much as comic books can) they just turn a complicated character like Slade into a diabolical super villain. Just look at what they did with him on Arrow.

Dick Grayson Nightwing my ideal would be Joseph Gordon Levitt. However, since he even said himself that he doesn't want to join this universe because he feels like he would be disrespecting Nolan then I would go with Kevin Zegers.

If DC goes with a younger Dick then I would go either Logan Lerman or Dylan O'Brien.

Chris Mckay will be putting out an open casting call for Nightwing

There will be an open casting call but that is like Vegas odds for sure. Don’t leave your career up to chance. Believe in yourself. Bet on yourself. Get an agent or a manager.

Re Nightwing Casting. Have an agent or manager submit your work. To the studio. An agent or manager protects you and also is an endorsement of your character. It means you take yourself and your career seriously... and so does someone else.

https://twitter.com/buddboetticher?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Last edited:
Don't they do that with all roles though? Every submit your photos and resume to your agents and they'll send it to us? I don't know how the Hollywood machine works.

Fingers crossed we get someone great though!

I believe that Nightwing is still happening, but is mostly dependent on the minor detail of who is going to be playing Bruce Wayne/Batman in the DC films going forward. And that, of course, isn’t Chris McKay’s decision. Once Reeves and WB have their Batman, I think Nightwing will be the first Bat-related project to start filming.

it's just nice to see a little progress,

hopefully this one ends up happening

Like you say the detail is minor, Batman can be a silhouette although Dick Grayson quitting as Robin would make a powerful scene.

I dunno, this film seems ready to rev up soon alongside Shazam. I don’t think they would wait. If need be just tweak the Batman appearances. Which will be very minimal anyway.

Like you say the detail is minor, Batman can be a silhouette although Dick Grayson quitting as Robin would make a powerful scene.

I dunno, this film seems ready to rev up soon alongside Shazam. I don’t think they would wait. If need be just tweak the Batman appearances. Which will be very minimal anyway.

I agree they could tweak Bruce/Batman appearances, but he may be in more than a few scenes. McKay has mentioned several flashbacks, including Flying Graysons.

It would make sense for Ben Affleck's Bruce/Batman or even Jeremy Irons' Alfred to make cameos in this film

Yeah definitely. Maybe the lack of batman would be more interesting though. Have Alfred there and have Bruce only being mentioned like an absent dad. That way Dick can't just solve his problems by running off to him all the time

w6jQ6Hj.png

So happy this film is still in active development. Dick Grayson deserves his moment.

Part of me still think it's backwards to start Grayson off as Nightwing. Arguably his most important arc is just going to be served as background dressing, which is irksome.

Not really putting a lot of stock into the WB Brazil slate. Nightwing seems to be further in development than half those films.

Around February, huh? I'm wondering when this will fit, release-wise, given that it wasn't on the slate announced.

But then, these slates have shuffled so often with DC projects.

So happy this film is still in active development. Dick Grayson deserves his moment.

He’s getting his moment in Titans

I know, I know, the more the merrier...

But The Flash tv series left me not wanting to see a Flash movie with Ezra. It feels like a retread. And if Titans is exploring Robin’s transformation into Nightwing, then the Nightwing movie might feel like a retread as well.

I just hope the Titans tv series explores the Deathstroke/Grayson dynamic

How about Christopher Abbott for Nightwing? He was great in The Sinner and It Comes at Night.

I hope they remember to keep this fun. Nightwing is more Spider-man and less Daredevil. He isn’t dark and gritty, he is the bright light in the dark and gritty world. Dick Grayson enjoys being the hero, he isn’t tortured. He lost his parents to crime much like Bruce but he overcame that loss to where Bruce is defined by it. Dick Grayson is a swashbuckling hero who cracks jokes and laughs at danger. You can make his world dark but not his character, that needs to be remembered. Everyone is familiar with Robin but I would do his origin during opening credits similar to a bond movie opening. He could be tied easily into the broader DCEU by small and simple cameos. A phone call from Alfred or a trip to the Batcave while Bruce is gone but a small conversation with Alfred. Mentioning that since Dick has left and the murder of Jason by the Joker that Batman needed the Justice League. Even tie in a small appearance by Tim Drake deducing that Dick was Robin, maybe not a sidekick type role but a few apperences where he helps the plot move forward. As far as villains I’d go with Professor Pyg, he really could be Dick’s Joker. He has more of a history with Dick’s time as Batman than he has with Bruce. As far as costumes go I like the design in the link and still like Steven Mqcueen for the role and he seems dedicated to wanting it at one time

https://dan-mora.deviantart.com/art/Nightwing-532836798

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"