Nintendo Amiibo figures.

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
More Details On Nintendo’s New Figurines, Also Headed To 3DS Next Year. June 10, 2014 . 3:00pm

During Nintendo’s Treehouse Live @ E3 that took place after their digital event, Nintendo of America shared more details on the interactive amiibo figures.

During Nintendo’s Treehouse Live @ E3 that took place after their digital event, Nintendo of America Senior Product Marketing Manager Bill Trinen shared more details on the interactive amiibo figures.

Unlike the Skylander figures, the amiibo won’t be restricted to one game, but with several others, such as Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8 and more to come.

The first example we got a closer look at comes from Super Smash Bros., where you simply place the figure on the Wii U GamePad, and the amiibocan fight against other amiibo characters, or even your friends, as they gain experience and level up.

The amiibo will become your personal figures, as they can have their special moves customized, or trained to improve stats and expand tactical abilities. Having your amiibo fight others will make it gain more experience compared to fighting computer characters and other players.

The above is a look at just some of the upcoming titles that will have different features using amiibo figurines.

Additionally, Nintendo will release a peripheral next year that will make the amiibo compatible with the 3DS.

Read more stories about amiibo & Super Smash Bros. Wii U & Wii U on Siliconera

source:Siliconera.

I see. So you plug it into the wii u and you can play as that character? Wouldn't it just be better to have the character in the game to begin with?

Sorry I am not being rude. I'm not sure I understand. I never played sky landers. It's cool you get a toy with it I guess

I'm just curious how Smash Brothers works without Amiibos. It might be a good idea for Nintendo to have non Amiibos matches search options when searching for matches online

Last edited:
I actually hate these. Such a money grab. :(

I think Nintendo should have mentioned how Smash Brothers will work without the Amiibos. For all we know Smash Brothers could come with just the option to use your Miis. The only way to use other characters is to buy the Amiibos. Nintendo should have said something

Okay, so wait a minute? Are these basically like their own little game in which your figure fights against another? That's what I seem to be reading into this, doesn't seem like it has any direct correlation between any game.

I think Nintendo should have mentioned how Smash Brothers will work without the Amiibos. For all we know Smash Brothers could come with just the option to use your Miis. The only way to use other characters is to buy the Amiibos. Nintendo should have said something

Yeah that's what came to mind first. Surely not though.

Okay, so wait a minute? Are these basically like their own little game in which your figure fights against another? That's what I seem to be reading into this, doesn't seem like it has any direct correlation between any game.
ok time for me answer a bit it was made for their own specific content with Disney infinity, but will branch out to other games like smash bro's and mario kart if you bought it for the former. But it was made for Disney infinity.
as mention the rundown here

Sony, EA, Ubisoft, and Nintendo’s Big E3 Announcements

We've got more cool stuff from E3 as Vic and Marissa recap the biggest announcements from Sony, EA, Ubisoft, and Nintendo in the Rundown.

I remember reading on siliconera that it wouldn't be mandatory for other games if you don't want to buy or use them. but I'll let them put up another article from Nintendo to reconfirm it. it's always better hearing for the people that are making these things

Last edited:
But the question is if we dont buy these things. Will the other characters still be unlockable & useable in game like always ? Or are we paying $60 to use our Mii & if you want to use other characters you gotta buy the toys

So wait, what? These are actually for Disney Infinity...?

Okay, reading up on this some more, I'm not seeing anything that says these were made for Disney Infinity. I don't think that's true.

They way I'm reading this information is that your figure doesn't actually unlock anything, but if you use your figure with one of those games, it levels up the stats on your figure, so it's almost like your playing with your Peach, for example, in Smash. It seems it also has it's own little game built in where your figures can battle against each other.

That's the impression I'm getting from this. It's nothing about unlocking content in games, it's sort of like it's own minigame that you can upgrade through other games.

EDIT: Here's a kotaku article that seems to break it down the most

Speaking in video released alongside the announcement this morning (see above), Nintendo's Bill Trinen gave a quick rundown of how the toys are going to work come Super Smash Bros. time.
Judging by his description, they sound a lot like Skylanders, Activision's popular line of toys and related video games that birthed the entire "toys to life" hybrid genre for kids...and grown-ups that still like to play with toys, of course.
Basically, you'll tap an Amiibo figure against the Wii U GamePad, which will read the thing with its nifty and as-yet relatively unused NFC tech. Once you do that, the character will appear in-game and you can use them the way you normally do to pummel your enemies.
Trinen said nothing about the Amiibos being essential to the Super Smash Bros. experience, so it doesn't sound like the toys will be required to unlock any characters in the game. Rather, they add additional value by allowing you to earn experience and customize the characters as you play with them.
You don't even have to control the toy once you activate it in the game either. Trinen said that the Amiibos can be introduced as allies to help you with a fight or opponents if you want a good sparring match. Or you can just set two toys against each other and watch them have at it.
All of the tiny statuesque figures will absorb data from the Wii U they're being played on, so you can bring them over to a friends house or travel with them without losing any of your progress. It almost sounds like Nintendo is using the toys as a clever kind of remote storage—because we all know how frustrating it is that the Wii U still doesn't have robust cloud saving features.2
The Amiibos aren't specific to one game, however. Or even one platform—there's also an adapter coming for the 3DS that will allow mobile-friendly Or even one platform. Trinen concluded his address by saying the Amiibos will also work with other Wii U games including Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

No Tronny I Said they started off as their own personal content for Disney infinity for the Wii u which inspired them to make it's own thing from Nintendo themselves, they saw how much money sky landers made also and how popular DI is doing and it became it's own thing onto it's self most of that info was put up in the Wii U (past Thread's of it )thread from the older threads when they were talking about the conception.

All from siliconera. and I don't have time to drag that stuff up. and the only thing(content wise) with these figures is they each of them will have their own unique stats from each other.

Last edited:
Uh, did you edit your post? I could've sworn you said the exact words. Oh well, maybe not. Anyway, here's some photos of the packagiNG:

ei6tVzT.jpg

At their E3 Digital Event on Tuesday, Nintendo revealed their figurine project, Amiibo. The new line of small figurines are quite similar to those that accompany games like Skylanders or Disney Infinity, and will be compatible with several Wii U titles including the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Not only will the Amiibo figurines appear in game when the figure is touched to the gamepad, but each individual figure’s fighting style will evolve as they are used in Super Smash Bros. on Wii U .
In a recent interview, Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America president, discussed the pricing of the figurines:
Q: How much will the upcoming Amiibo game figurines cost in stores?
A: You can expect them to be comparable to the Disney and Skylander products that are on the market. [They cost $10 to $15.]
In addition to the new details on the approximate pricing of the figurines, thanks to NeoGAF user vinnygambini, some pictures of the figurines as they will be packed for sale are now available:

So what do you think of the new Amiibo figures? Will you be lining up to start your collection or will you pass? Let us know in the comments below. And be sure to stay tuned to oprainfall for more details on Amiibo and Super Smash Bros.

source: Operation Rain fall

amiibo-launch-lineup.jpg

Nintendo Amiibo Launch Details

Nintendo has announced the launch details for their new amiibo toy line. Twelve figures will be available at launch: Mario, Peach, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer (see above). Each one of them will cost $13. A precise launch date hasn’t been named, but they’ll hit stores at the same time as the first compatible game, Super Smash Bros for the Wii U, which will be released sometime this holiday season. Inspired by Skylanders and Disney Infinity, the amiibo toys use the near field communication (NFC) technology of the Wii U and 3DS to unlock new in-game content, and they’ll work across multiple different games. Along with Super Smash Bros, the other confirmed titles are Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10, and Yoshi’s Woolly World. Expect more games and figures to be announced soon.
Watch our interview with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime about the amiibo toys by clicking here.

And

source: EPN.TV &GI
http://epn.tv/all/type-of/news/nintendo-amiibo-launch-details/

$13 is the same as an individual figure for Disney Infinity, though they may just scale to that. I thought they'd launch the initial set before the game came out, though. Figured they'd want to get the whole roster out by the time the Wii U version comes out.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Dinsey+Infinity

Amazon has every Infinity individual figure at $12.99 base figure. They have bundles, though, that break down to more, like two for $30, which would be $15. But all single figures are listed for $12.99, doubt it's different elsewhere. Skylanders doesn't seem to have individual figures from what I searched, but they have a lot of two packs for $20-25, so they actually might be a little cheaper.

You should probably just keep this stuff in the Wii U thread, zenith. I don't think anyone besides us actually frequents this thread.

aw they see they just don't say anything. but I'll post it there

It seems the Amiibos have gotten a downgrade.

Like, the quality. It's mostly limited to the more realistic figures though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"