Nintendo Amiibo figures.

I just looked them up. Yeah, that is horrible quality. Nice bit of false advertising from Nintendo.

Got a link to something? What's the problem with them?

EDIT: I googled it and this article popped up; I assume this is what is being referenced.

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-amiibo-figures-look-a-little-bit-different-in-1651030422

It is kind of disappointing, but it's a common thing with toy lines and collectibles according to kotaku here so I guess it's not that unexpected? I honestly don't think they look that bad, though. The only thing that pops out to me as flat out awful is Marth's sword. It just looks bad. And the WTF's foot case is weird, probably should've went with a different pose despite how striking that one.

The change to amber color makes sense to me. That's the base color in Smash.

Last edited:
What Amiibos are you planning on getting? Also what exactly is the in-game functionality supposed to be exactly?

DK, Mario, Yoshi & Kirby look solid, I might get them. I have Captain Falcon on pre-order since I figured he'd be scalped, but I might cancel it if we see him early & he looks crappy.

I have a Wii Fit Trainer and Mario Amiibo pre-ordered along with my copy of Smash U. I got WFT because she's my main, and Mario because I just wanted to get him, and I figured he'll probably be the most usable one across multiple games.

I'll probably get Shiek, since she's becoming my secondary, as well as Link and Zelda just cause.

The functions of the amiibos are detailed here: essentially, it's a Pokemon.

Figure Players Join the Battle

Adding figure players to the game is easy. When selecting fighters to play in a Smash battle mode, simply touch the NFC touchpoint with your amiibo and a figure player will appear in an empty fighter slot.
Figure Player Levels

The more your figure players fight, the quicker they will increase in level. The higher your FP’s level is, the better its attack and defence stats will be. The maximum level for an FP is 50. A figure player's levels will increase even faster if you take it to a friend’s house to play or let it fight against other FPs.

Personalities

Figure players will pick up tactics from strong opponents. There is no maximum level for this – FPs will always be willing to learn from superior fighters!

Abilities

Feed equipment you pick up in the game to your figure players to raise their attack, defence and speed. You can also give a figure player up to three abilities by feeding it equipment with special attributes, and you can customise your FP's special moves as you do with other fighters in Custom mode.

Your One-of-a-Kind amiibo

Figure players can fight on their own and will grow in ability. Depending on how they're taught and raised, the capabilities and even the personalities of figure players will change, making each amiibo uniquely your own.

Presents

Figure players will obtain custom parts and gold during their battles – and they’ll then give these gifts to you after the fighting is done!

To see the full amiibo line-up, please visit Nintendo's official website.

A future software update will enable amiibo functionality in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. More details will be revealed in the future.

This is in regards to Smash only, as of now. We don't know how it'll function from a game-to-game basis yet.

Hmm... and these will work across multiple games? I heard something about putting them in Mario Kart. Will they do the same stuff in that game as in Smash?

I put those same details up from Joystiq over the week end they should work for all the games they stated like link for all zelda related games. Mario for all games basically anything current that will allow access to them as I said in the smash bro's thread they will fight / act the way you trained them based on your fighting style. though with Mario kart 8 that will be hard to say I think you may be with that one , you'll be racing a against them. ad them set them lose o other player if you use ad they might drive the same way you do. we'll have to see.

Last edited:
As of now, they have only been talked about in the context of Smash. One would assume that they will have similar functions across whatever games support them, but everything else besides Smash is speculation at this point in time.

EDIT: And to answer your first question, Soapy, yes, they will be compatible across multiple titles. Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Party 10 have all been talked about in regards to supporting them. The real question, of course, is will they all be compatible in some shape or form? Nothing has been said, but one finds doubt that, say, Wii Fit Trainer would have any function in Mario Kart, but at this point, no one really knows for sure.

Last edited:
well they did state Link's Amiibo figure will be usable in Hyrule warriors which is from Siliconera & others(genmistsu) besides it so it it the case to a degree there which in the WiiU/ smash threads since those were where almost all the amiibo info was being put til now

Last edited:
Yeah, but we don't know what the actual function is. Whether or not it does something similar to what it does in Smash has not actually been said. Nothing is really known about amiibo functionality outside Smash, which is what I was saying.

True dat , true it's possible cause of the extra stuff in Hyrule warriors the it maybe that he only have certain attacks specific for that for the time being. We all know he won't be pulling the fire rod Axe weapon or the power glove chain ball move in smash all of a sudden.

Nintendo Will Release Limited Edition Amiibos Says Iwata. October 30, 2014 . 3:29pm

In addition to their regular line-up of Amiibo figurines, Nintendo will also produce limited edition Amiibos.

In addition to their regular line-up of Amiibo figurines, Nintendo will also produce limited edition Amiibos, president Satoru Iwata said to investors this week.

“The amiibo figure lineup for Super Smash Bros. will continue to be released even after this year-end sales season, and we hope that this will help to update store shelves,” Iwata said. “As store shelf space is limited, some amiibo will remain stocked on the shelves as staple choices while some will be limited-time offers which will cede their positions to new ones once they are sold out.”

He added, “With these offerings, I believe the Nintendo characters lined up on shelves, which usually only contain standard-sized boxes, will have an outstanding presence, and this means a lot to us.”

Read more stories about amiibo & Nintendo 3DS & Wii U on Siliconera.

source:Siliconera.

Hm, the article itself doesn't seem to match the title. It doesn't seem like Iwata is necessarily saying that they'll be releasing limited edition amiibos, but that some amiibos may have a limited run to whatever game they're attached to.

So, anyone see that promo amiibo image. Showed a few silhoutted amiibo figures, one of which was Tom Nook.

tumblr_nea3xyV9z71rs9addo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, Tom Nook, Pikmin, and Bowser are all ones that's not been shown in the past. Bowser is obvious with Smash and various other Nintendo titles. But not sure what to think of the other two.

The Tom Nook one has me speculating wildly about a possible Animal Crossing game for Wii U.

Nintendo discusses cheaper Amiibo figures, trading cards

(1 day ago)

Future iterations of Nintendo's Amiibo figure line will include cards, the company revealed during last week's investor Q&A. Nintendo President Satoru Iwata and longtime designer and producer Shigeru Miyamoto discussed the company's near-field communications initiatives, Miyamoto stressing that Amiibo "can take forms other than figures." Miyamoto offered Amiibo-style cards as an example, hypothesizing a game that would require players to pass "several cards over the NFC reader/writer" in the Wii U Game Pad.

"I cannot discuss any of the details today, but Amiibo has the potential to propose new ways to play card games," Miyamoto said. The designer also brought up Animal Crossing as an example of a brand that could receive Amiibo compatibility in the future. Miyamoto noted that Nintendo plans on launching "smaller and even more affordable Amiibo figures in the future."

The first set of Amiibo figures, available for pre-order now, will launch on November 21 alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. All of the initial Amiibo figures will be compatible with Hyrule Warriors, and Nintendo just confirmed that Amiibo support will arrive in Mario Kart 8 soon.

Nintendo considering letting third-party games use Amiibos

(20 minutes ago)

We're still learning how Nintendo's line of Amiibo figurines will be used for its own games, but future compatibility announcements might not be limited to first-party titles. Nintendo of America Licensing Manager Damon Baker told IGN that the company is looking into ways for third-party developers, including independent developers, to use Amiibos with their games.

Baker said there's a "ton of interest" from third-party studios, adding that "There are some really creative ideas that are coming through and we are working towards some opportunities for next year."

So many integration questions! At least we know what Amiibos will do in Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8, but even beyond future third party support, there's still the question of how the compatibility-confirmed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10 and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will use Nintendo's line of real-world Smash trophies.
[Image: Joystiq]​

Via: Joystiq
source: IGN

Wii U
Third and fourth waves of Amiibo figures revealed
Published 1 hour ago. 11 comments.

Including Mega Man, Rosalina and Luma, Sonic, and more.
Amiibo-Batch-Reveal_11-10-14.jpg

Following the first and second waves of Amiibo figures later this month and during December, Nintendo is continuing its new Amiibo figure releases in January and February.
Find the newly announced Amiibo figures and their Japanese launch dates below.Currently, Amiibo support has been announced for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, where Amiibos will act as players’ personal Fighter Players that can be built up and customized, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Read More

Wii U, Amiibo, Nintendo

source: Gematsu & GI

That Mega Man figure will be a must buy for me. Assuming the final version doesn't get a significant downgrade.

I see...

[hands over wallet to Nintendo]

One thing that's apparently been mentioned about wave 3 is that some amiibos will be retailer exclusive. None werementioned specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if the less popular characters from here on out may be.

My local Wal-Mart has an amiibo station set up with a Mario, Peach, Yoshi, and Link. I honestly feel like the downgrading has been somewhat exaggerated seeing them in person. Sure, they don't look quite as good as the prototypes we were shown, but I don't think they look that horrible for low end priced collectibles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"