Nintendo Amiibo figures.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games amiibo Compatibility, Characters, And Events Announced. December 28, 2015 . 10:00am

The Nintendo 3DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games will have 40 playable characters and 14 events.

[YT]cnrmVV-dIGk[/YT]
Nintendo has updated the Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games website, and every possible detail about the Nintendo 3DS version of the game has been revealed as a result.

To start, there will be 40 playable characters, 20 for both the Mario and Sonic sides. Characters will each have events they can participate in, as Mario and Sonic are the only ones who qualify for each event. Here’s a full list of all characters who will show up and their events.

• Mario
  • Luigi (100m Freestyle, Table Tennis)
  • Peach (100m Freestyle, Golf)
  • Rosalina (Rhythmic Gymnastics)
  • Yoshi (100m, Soccer)
  • Bowser (Boxing, Golf)
  • Dry Bowser (Javelin Throw)
  • Donkey Kong (Boxing, Volleyball)
  • Diddy Kong (110m Hurdles)
  • Bowser Jr. (Equestrian, Long Jump)
  • Daisy (Rhythmic Gymnastics, Soccer)
  • Wario (Archery, Javelin Throw)
  • Waluigi (BMX, Long Jump)
  • Nabbit (100m)
  • Birdo (Archery)
  • Dry Bones (BMX)
  • Larry (Equestrian)
  • Ludwig von Koopa (Table Tennis)
  • Roy (Volleyball)
  • Wendy (100m Freestyle)
  • Sonic
  • Tails (100m Freestyle, Volleyball)
  • Knuckles (Boxing, Javelin Throw)
  • Amy (100m Freestyle, Rhythmic Gymnastics)
  • Shadow (100m, Soccer)
  • Sticks (Archery)
  • Cream (Volleyball)
  • Rouge (Golf)
  • Metal Sonic (100m, BMX)
  • Silver (110m Hurdles, Archery)
  • Dr. Eggman (110m Hurdles, Equestrian)
  • Dr. Eggman Nega (Long Jump)
  • Omega (Javelin Throw)
  • Blaze (Equestrian, Rhythmic Gymnastics)
  • Espio (Long Jump)
  • Jet (Soccer)
  • Vector (Golf, Table Tennis)
  • Wave (BMX)
  • Zavok (Boxing)
  • Zazz (Table Tennis)

As for events, there will also be 14. They are as follows.

• 100m
  • 100m Freestyle
  • 110m Hurdles
  • Archery
  • Boxing
  • BMX
  • Equestrian
  • Golf
  • Javelin Throw
  • Long Jump
  • Rhythmic Gymnastics
  • Soccer
  • Table Tennis
  • Volleyball
14 Dream Events, special variations of the standard events, will be in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. During the Story, your initial affiliation will determine specific events and gyms available. The Sonic side gets Amy’s Training Gym, 100m, Table Tennis, and eventually a Sonic Mii costume, while the Mario side gets Peach’s Training Gym, 110m Hurdles, Volleyball, and a Mario Mii costume.
[YT]4gIOTanbrBQ[/YT]

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games’ amiibo support is tied to Miis. People will be able to use the Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary amiibo, Mario, Sonic, Gold Mario, or Dr. Mario with the game. Their outfits temporarily are available, complete with improved stats, for 24 hours after they’re tapped. The Miis can use these and 270 other costumes in Champions Road to compete and train their avatar.

Miis also train during the Full Marathon. This is the Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games StreetPass mode where taking 42,195 steps lets a Mii complete a 42.195km marathon. StreetPassing allows other people’s Miis to visit yours, and new costumes and Apples and Melons for Champions Road are awarded for positive progress.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games will be released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on February 18. It’s international release date hasn’t been announced. Local wireless for up to four people, with Download Play support, will be available.

Read more stories about Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

amiibo Pre-orders Open For Lucas, Shovel Knight, And More Animal Crossing Characters. December 30, 2015 . 9:34pm

The Lucas, Blathers, Kicks, Celeste, and Resetti amiibo will be out January 22.
The Shovel Knight amiibo will be out January 8.

A number of amiibo pre-order listings have gone live for an array of figures from different series. Both Best Buy and Amazon have put up pages for Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, Super Smash Bros., and Shovel Knight toys.

Amazon has a product page up for Shovel Knight. The figure will be released January 8, cost $12.99, and be compatible with both the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Shovel Knight. Best Buy has a product page up, but the figure is sold out.

Lucas is the next Super Smash Bros. amiibo to be released. He’ll be out on January 22. He’s also $12.99 at Best Buy and compatible with the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros. He will also add an additional costume to Super Mario Maker.

Lucas shares his January 22 release date with four more Animal Crossing amiibo. Blathers, Celeste, Kicks, and Resetti. They act as playable characters in Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and design clients in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. They also add costumes to Super Mario Maker.

The next series of Animal Crossing amiibo trading cards will also be released on January 22. However, no pre-order listings have appeared for the cards, which work with Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, yet.

Read more stories about amiibo & Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival & Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer & Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii U & Shovel Knight & Super Smash Bros on Siliconera.

Also with from the same place

Unboxing The Latest Animal Crossing Amiibo. December 31, 2015 . 10:00am

A recent video gives us a look at the unboxing of the newest Animal Crossing amiibos,

including Blathers, Celeste, Resetti, and Kicks, as well as the Lucas and Japanese version of the gold Mario amiibo.

In a recent video courtesy of NintenDaan, we get a look at the unboxing of the newest Animal Crossing amiibo, including Blathers, Celeste,
Resetti, and Kicks. We also get a look at the Lucas amiibo, as well as the Japanese version of the gold Mario figure. You can check out all the amiibo in the video below.
[YT]7RLMnUNyzs8[/YT]

Read more stories about amiibo & Animal Crossing on Siliconera.

Last edited:
amazing to think back in march amiibos were the stuff of ghost stories around here
now in the post christmas sale they are selling them for half price and the shelves are stocked to the ceiling

I'm glad Nintendo has sorted out their stock issues. Shame I still haven't been able to get two of the ones I really want. Still need to get King Dedede and Rosalina. I don't care about Rosalina as a character, but the fact that I have only ONE costume left in Mario Kart 8 irks me. Need to find someone that'll just let me borrow theirs for two minutes.

Now, to wait for the Fire Emblem restock. Also, the wait for Bayonetta continues...

I've only got Ike from the FE group. I'd love to have them all.

I'm assuming a big restock is coming close to when Fates is released, because I remember a small restock when Project Steam came out, because it also used the FE amiibo.

Get A Look At The Entire Third Wave Of Animal Crossing amiibo Cards. January 5, 2016 . 8:00am

Nintendo has shared a look at their entire third wave of Animal Crossing amiibo cards, which will be releasing in Japan on January 14th for 324 yen a pack.

Nintendo has shared a look at their entire third wave of Animal Crossing amiibo cards, which will be releasing in Japan on January 14th for 324 yen a pack.

You can check out the cards in the image below or, to see all the cards individually, you can visit Nintendo’s official page.

Read more stories about amiibo & Animal Crossing & Nintendo 3DS & Wii U on Siliconera.

My local Gamestop said they're only getting four Shovel Knight amiibo on Friday. Methinks I'll be camping out early, early on Friday morning.

Yeah, the 8th. From what I've read online Target is pegged to have some of the larger shipments, with Gamestop getting a smaller number.

Got my Shovel Knight amiibo at Gamestop this morning. Love the build. It's a great looking amiibo. Major bummer that Yacht Club hasn't released the update for the Shovel Knight game so I can use it though :/

I may have to take a trip to GameStop. I really want Shovel Knight.

I'm reading online that Shovel Knight amiibo is kinda tough to find. They didn't ship a ton. My Gamestop said they got 4 and when I went, first in line when they opened, there were only three.

Boom, I got him! He looks really good. He feels a bit heavier than the other Amiibos.

Some of you might like to know that Ryu and Famicom ROB are available for pre-order right now at Best Buy.

And the wait continues for Bayonetta.

I'm curious if they will start a Zelda line for the new Zelda game.

I would be really surprised if they didn't. The Zelda fanbase is just a solid enough fanbase to rely on, if not necessarily oversaturate the market on.

25l.jpg

Here is sales percentage for amiibos that I thought was interesting. Top is figurines and bottom are cards. Blue is American, Pink is Japan, Green is Europe with Australia being the little tail end light pink.

It's interesting how the figures have done almost no business in Japan itself. I had heard that the weren't as successful there as America and Europe, but that percentage is really telling. Also probably goes to show how figurines are a very America-centric kind of thing.

28l.jpg

The Splatoon amiibos, like the game, exceeded sales expectations as well it seems. The IP instantly shot up to being one of Nintendo's biggest. If the game didn't end up being a flash in the pan and the franchise can continue those numbers, it could easily become Nintendo's third or fourth pillar.

Yeah, I bet they are hard at work on Splatoon 2 right now for the NX.

I don't own a WiiU or 3DS, but these look like fun little toys to have on display. Just ordered Mega Man on eBay. Hoping to get Toon Link next. (If I can find it at a decent price) I would love some Koopa Kid Amiibos!

Managed to snag a Shovel Knight. I have him and Mega Man standing on my NES. Seems like a perfect place to display them, lol.

Kirby Amiibo, huh.

Zelda Amiibo incoming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"