Nintendo Amiibo figures.

No doubt, I'm sure. I figured this is how amiibo would probably end up being after the Smash line was done with small mini-waves dedicated to certain franchises. The AC ones seemed to be a big misfire. It's a big franchise now, but I don't think a lot of people are all that attached to the characters themselves outside a very few.

I think the AC ones are doing better in Japan. Still just patiently waiting for when Bayonetta gets a release date.

The amiibo figures aren't doing much in Japan. I posted a chart earlier, and the Japanese sales of amiibos are incredibly low in comparison to the rest of the world. Apparently, the figures are too big for the Japanese market from what I've read. Which is wild to me since amiibo are generally pretty small as is, but apparently Japan is all about miniaturized figures.

The cards are doing much better, both in Japan and NA, from what I gather.

Two articles

New Amiibo Card Series 4 Album Headed To Europe In June. March 7, 2016 . 9:30am

A new amiibo card collectors album will release alongside the fourth wave of amiibo cards in Europe and Australia on June 18th.

A new amiibo card collectors album will release alongside the fourth wave of amiibo cards in Europe and Australia on June 18th. You can get a glimpse of the amiibo card album in the above picture.

As previously reported, the Animal Crossing season 4 amiibo cards will be available in North America on June 10th, along with a standalone Isabelle amiibo, which is similar to the one from the Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival bundle, except she’ll be sporting her summer outfit.

Read more stories about Animal Crossing & amiibo on Siliconera.
also with

The Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo Will Return To Toys R Us. March 7, 2016 . 11:00am

Toys R Us will be getting more of the the Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo this month.

There have been a number of amiibo restocks lately, but the Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo has yet to make a reappearance.

That will change on March 20, 2016. Toys R Us has announced the larger-than-average amiibo will return to store shelves on that date. He will only be available in-stores, not online, and quantities will allegedly be limited.

The Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo originally launched on November 15, 2015. It was a Toys R Us exclusive and is 11” tall, compared to the 3” standard Yarn Yoshi amiibo. His amiibo NFC chip is in his foot. Back when the Mega Yarn Yoshi originally launched last year, it was $39.99.

The Mega Yarn Yoshi is compatible with Yoshi’s Woolly World, Super Smash Bros., Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, Super Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart 8.

Read more stories about Nintendo & amiibo on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

A Look At The Full Line Up Of Animal Crossing Wave 4 Amiibo Cards. March 10, 2016 . 9:30am

Nintendo has shared a look at the entire wave 4 of Animal Crossing amiibo cards which will release in Japan on March 24th.

Nintendo has shared a look at the entire fourth wave of Animal Crossing amiibo cards, which will release in Japan on March 24th. You can view them all below, or check them out here.

Animal Crossing‘s season 4 amiibo cards will releas in North America on June 10, and in Europe and Australia on June 18, 2016.

Read more stories about Animal Crossing & amiibo on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Just got my Sonic amiibo in the mail today. Got it off eBay for $15. Also got Mega-Man. Yes, this is looking to be a new addiction for me.

My local Gamestop is only getting 4 Roy amiibo. He's a goddamn exclusive and they're only getting four. Here I thought the drought was over. Oh Nintendo.

Got Ryu coming in tomorrow with Pokken Tournament.

Just so strange still to think certain characters are getting merchandise made by Nintendo.

Surprised Pokken didn't have an actual Shadow Mewtwo amiibo instead of the card

Drought is over for everyone except the Fire Emblem amiibo.

I stayed up all ****ing night to get a Rosalina. She's front and center in my collection.

Best reason for sleep deprivation? Get an amiibo of one of your Smash Bros mains.

I got Ryu and Roy. Girlfriend got the new Animal Crossing ones. Stores didn't have a lot of them, but we got what we wanted.

I notice in Japan there's a line of Kirby series amiibos. Anyone know if these will be coming to the US?

I notice in Japan there's a line of Kirby series amiibos. Anyone know if these will be coming to the US?

Yeah, they are, June 10th. As of now, there's not been any region specific amiibos outside the Famicom ROB, but even that eventually came everywhere else.

Surprised Pokken didn't have an actual Shadow Mewtwo amiibo instead of the card

A lot of the merchandising of Pokemon is left to TPC as a whole over Nintendo, and they seem to not really be about jumping into amiibo for some reason. You'd think Pokken would be rife to have a line of Pokemon amiibos, but nothing. Maybe they're afraid it would cut into their TGC business or something, I don't know.

Get A Detailed Look At The Kirby Series Amiibo . April 4, 2016 . 9:30am

A new video has surfaced, courtesy of MyGaming, giving us a detailed look at the upcoming Kirby series amiibo.

5 Thoughts Read >

20160404_002751_thumb.png

A new video has surfaced, courtesy of MyGamingBoulevard, giving us a detailed look at the upcoming Kirby series amiibo.

The Kirby, Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, and King Dedede amiibo will be available on June 10th, and you can get a better look at them in the following video.

[YT]Jb9W9jWSbS4[/YT]

Read more stories about Kirby & amiibo on Siliconera.
source:
Siliconera

From the financial reports:

Over the fiscal year ended March 2016, we shipped about 24.7 million amiibo figures and about 28.9 million amiibo cards, a huge increase over the prior fiscal year.​

These are literally keeping them in business. :funny:

Woah. So is there still a massive secondary market for these things? True to my word, I got my Charizard and went cold turkey on these (unless they drop a Scyther amiibo, in which case I'm there!)

I will have to get those Kirby ones for my brother. He loves that kind of stuff.

These are literally keeping them in business. :funny:

Nah, the vast majority of their profits still come from software and hardware revenue, but amiibo and licensing profits are increasing at a pretty incredible rate. It's going to be a very big part of their business going forward if their growth continues this steadily.

Woah. So is there still a massive secondary market for these things? True to my word, I got my Charizard and went cold turkey on these (unless they drop a Scyther amiibo, in which case I'm there!)

The second hand market is still there, but it's died down a lot. For the most part, amiibos have become more common with a few exceptions, and the retailer exclusives have all expired and given more access as a whole. It's like there are still prices that are a bit jacked up for amiibos that are seemingly out of print, but nothing like it was in the beginning, and Nintendo has been doing reprints at a fairly steady pace finally.

I think now that the Smash line is winding down, things will be much better. A lot of people thought Nintendo was employing some kind of forced scarcity tactic, but I think a lot of the problem was that they committed to doing too much at once, and the things ended up being way more popular than anyone excepted them to be. I think they're going to regulate it to mini-lines like the upcoming Kirby one, so things will be much, much more manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"