Nintendo Amiibo figures.

I picked up a Yoshi Amiibo. Need a Charizard Amiibo. Charizard is GOAT.

Can't wait for Greninja amiibo. I really like Greninja, but he's not my main.

I'll probably end up getting all the Zelda ones, mainly because I really like the designs over anything else. I'll get Shulk, too, just 'cause. I've actually started playing him in Smash and done decent, though. I won an 8 player match with friends without losing a single stock with shirtless Shulk; he has earned his place.

I'm kind of curious about what they will do once the exhaust the Smash characters. Granted, that is still a full year of releases, but I am somewhat curious.

I wonder if they will do a female Robin.

Mario Party will have plenty of Mario centric characters that aren't represented like Waluigi, Daisy, Toad, etc. Then you have the inevitable Animal Crossing game for Wii U that would lend itself to these. And it has been mentioned that certain characters may get more than one amiibo, so I'm sure we'll see repeats for the new Zelda and Star Fox and possible Metroid games that matches their respective style. Then of course, new franchises like Splatoon could launch with a small amiibo line. Also, Pokemon. Whenever those two merge, the amiibo could be endless and horrible.

Yeah, there's a lot of places to go with these. Any series can be fitted to the idea really.

Will the Amiibo defeat the Skylanders series in terms of sales? Having toys compatible with videogames is a great gimmick. Making them characters ingrained into the pop culture, it seems like familiarity would help drive sales.

I doubt it. The Skylanders are somehow already ingrained into little kids heads. Most importantly, they are available for all consoles.

Yeah, it's also been around a lot longer, too. The only way it'll be able to do that is if the next Nintendo hardwares are successful and have it integrated into them (which I assume they will) and/or they start selling them without their tablet or something, akin to what Skylanders is starting to do, marketing them as both a product for their hardware and an entity separate that be can used on their own.

I actually hope they DON'T beat Skylanders or the Disney stuff. I like being able to walk into a store and seeing the things I want. Parents buy Skylanders like crack for their kids, I would hate to want to go get Kirby for Smash (he's my dude) and not be able to find him, go on Amazon and pay 30 bucks for it.

Nah.

Then again I'd imagine Nintendo wouldn't make things intentionally rare.

It depends on the figure. Most of the bigger characters that will have use across multiple games will probably always start in print. Characters from less popular games who won't see much use outside a few games (or just one game) are probably not going to be mass produced.

After I collected Disney Infinity figures, I'm wary of another game that demands you to buy countless number of figurines in order to keep up with the game. I doubt I'll ever buy an Amiibo toy, unless next year's Black Friday gives us a deep discount like buy one and get another one 70% off or something.

After I collected Disney Infinity figures, I'm wary of another game that demands you to buy countless number of figurines in order to keep up with the game. I doubt I'll ever buy an Amiibo toy, unless next year's Black Friday gives us a deep discount like buy one and get another one 70% off or something.
well your not forced with the Amiibo's their optional to a certain degree with Smash you not forced to pick them up . now if it's some you feel that you can't live with out like that spinner weapon in Hyruler warriors for Link that's up to you.

but your not forced and can play the games how you want to and if you don't use them they like trophies of sorts only their out side of the games. you ca have display case for them. you ca not bother with them at all.

Yeah, there's no actual game for the amiibos, yet. They're in a weird spot were they're both collectibles, and have some uses for certain games. Though, I think it's inevitable that at some point Nintendo will try a Skylanders type of game, or do a partnership with either Activision or Disney to co-brand a game that uses the amiibos.

Yeah, there's no actual game for the amiibos, yet. They're in a weird spot were they're both collectibles, and have some uses for certain games. Though, I think it's inevitable that at some point Nintendo will try a Skylanders type of game, or do a partnership with either Activision or Disney to co-brand a game that uses the amiibos.

I won't mind having Amiibo figures in Disney Infinity games, and in fact I wish Nintendo would let Disney Infinity figures to work like their Amiibos do in their games such as Super Smash Bros. If they work out an arrangement like this, I think it will benefit both Nintendo and Disney.

Well, the Infinity figure can't work in Smash like the amiibos, because no Disney characters are in Smash lol. But making the amiibos compatible with Infinity would be interesting to see.

Amiibos were a genius stroke by Nintendo.

Amiibos will never be compatible with Infinity.

well we already from pae 2 this was said

Nintendo considering letting third-party games use Amiibos

that said the way I see it . if Nintendo did a collaboration with Disney infinity it would still be on their own consoles but we'd see Mario Nintendo characters interact with Mickey & Disney characters . That's if it ever come to pass.

Well they technically already have third-party Amiibo figures. Case in point, Mega Man and Sonic. They aren't for other third-party games, but they are Amiibos of third-party characters.

Pac-Man is obviously next.

well we already from pae 2 this was said

Nintendo considering letting third-party games use Amiibos

that said the way I see it . if Nintendo did a collaboration with Disney infinity it would still be on their own consoles but we'd see Mario Nintendo characters interact with Mickey & Disney characters . That's if it ever come to pass.
Working with indy developers or third parties who have had relations with Nintendo in the past is one thing. Disney is another.

we'll see Nintendo did say they were looking for other partners prior to this before the Amiibo's came about . It shouldn't be completely off the table well if it's done on their console. but Activion that's more unlikely to happen especially with how it's run these days .

Last edited:
If Activision or Disney make Disney Infinity or Skylanders crossovers with Amiibos, I will eat a hat.

With what's been done with Monster hunter & few others it's possibility with Disney with in Nintendo's consoles .

Metroid Joins Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate As Part Of A Collaboration In Japan. October 8, 2014 . 4:34am

Similar to the other collaborations, the one with Metroid: Other M will feature quests that will allow you to gather materials to make Samus’ Varia Suit and Zero Suit.
[YT]7F6Lq2Hxs7M[/YT]
Earlier this morning, Nintendo streamed their latest Nintendo Direct presentation for the Japanese release of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, which will be available this weekend in Japan. At the end of the stream, there was a special little something for Metroid fans.

Similar to the other collaborations, the one with Metroid: Other M will feature quests that will allow you to gather materials to make Samus’ Power Suit and Zero Suit, along with a Bowgun weapon that looks like her Arm Cannon. By collecting all the pieces of the set, they will make some sounds you might be familiar with from the Metroid series.

The collaboration will run from December 17th, 2014 – January 28th, 2015. It will be available via 7-Eleven stores throughout Japan.

Not limited to the collaboration with Metroid: Other M, all collaborations will feature special limited edition Guild Cards as well.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will release in Japan this Saturday, and a western release in early 2015 for Nintendo 3DS. Since the Zelda and Animal Crossing collaborations are confirmed for the West, the Metroid collaboration will probably make its way over, too.

Read more stories about Metroid: Other M & Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate & Nintendo 3DS & Videos on Siliconera.
Also With

Yes, The Metroid Equipment In Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Is Coming To The West. October 8, 2014 . 5:17am

Capcom USA and Nintendo have confirmed that the Metroid: Other M collaborative equipment in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be available in the West.

[YT]MVvN5Yo7YRQ[/YT]

Capcom USA and Nintendo have confirmed that the Metroid: Other M collaborative equipment in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be available in the West. The collaboration was announced via a Japanese Nintendo Direct for the game earlier this morning.

Metroid isn’t the only Nintendo franchise that will be represented in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Players will also be able to use Link’s tunic and weapons from the Zelda series, and will also be able to dress their Palicoes (AKA Felynes) up as Isabelle and Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Meanwhile, other non-Nintendo franchises are being included in the game, too. A collaboration with Bandai Namco’s Taiko Drum Master and Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog are part of the mix, and Capcom even said to Siliconera that the Sonic collaboration was created with MH4U’s Western release in mind.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be released in North America and Europe in early 2015.

Read more stories about Metroid: Other M & Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate & Nintendo 3DS & Videos on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera
from: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=458891&page=17

it's just a possibility

Ok here what new today
Double-cannon Samus Amiibo fetches $2,500 on eBay

(10 hours ago)

samus.jpg
A defective Samus Amiibo proved this week that double the firepower can translate into many more multiples the cash. After discovering the potentially one-of-its-kind figure with two arm cannons rather than the regular one, a lucky Best Buy customer turned his $13 purchase into a $2,500 golden ticket on eBay.

Nintendo's Amiibo range launched last month, providing Wii U users with Skylanders-like toys that are compatible with games including Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8. As GameSpot reports, Adam Truesdale was one of many customers who bought the Samus Amiibo, and he was all ready to rip into the case until a friend pointed out the defect.
Amiibo (First Wave for Smash Bros.)

Continue Reading

Last edited:
Those have to be shill bids. $2,500? That's hard to believe.

I can totally believe it. Nintendo collectors are pretty hardcore.

Paying that much for something like a Stadium Events or a gold NWC cart is one thing, but to get that high for a brand new figure that's defective is another. Again, it sounds like shill bids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"