Infinity War Nitpicks/Unanswered questions. (SPOILERS)

WBwins

Sidekick
Reaction score
Definitely a great movie.8/10 for me.But we all have our Nitpicks and unanswered questions so post

Ill go first

1. Where did Heimdall learn to use Dark energy and why didn’t he use it in Ragnarok.

2. Why didn’t Thor go to Nidallevir when he had to face Hela.

3. There was not a strong justification for not killing Vision earlier. Many died to protect one life. Thats just a waste.

4. I feel Thanos should have had it easier defeating the Heroes on Titan. He took down Hulk with so much ease without a Stone. With 4 stones the heroes should have had zero chance.

5. Thor should have gone to Titan, not Earth. He got Stormbreaker with the purpose of killing Thanos. He knew Thanos was on Titan.If he was on Titan, heroes win.

6. If half of the asgardians survived, where are they and why didn’t thor go after them.

7. I feel Dr strange did not utilize the Timestone to its full advantage at all.

8. Where did Dr Strange learn all that new magic? And how do they work? Is he channeling some unknown dimension?

9. Movie felt like a Thanos vs MCU movie rather than an Avengers movie. Not a Bad thing but a nitpick

10. Corvus Glaive and Proxima power levels just kept fluctuating with the plot.

Ill go first

1. Where did Heimdall learn to use Dark energy and why didn’t he use it in Ragnarok.

2. Why didn’t Thor go to Nidallevir when he had to face Hela.

3. There was not a strong justification for not killing Vision earlier. Many died to protect one life. Thats just a waste.

4. I feel Thanos should have had it easier defeating the Heroes on Titan. He took down Hulk with so much ease without a Stone. With 4 stones the heroes should have had zero chance.

5. Thor should have gone to Titan, not Earth. He got Stormbreaker with the purpose of killing Thanos. He knew Thanos was on Titan.If he was on Titan, heroes win.

6. If half of the asgardians survived, where are they and why didn’t thor go after them.

7. I feel Dr strange did not utilize the Timestone to its full advantage at all.

8. Where did Dr Strange learn all that new magic? And how do they work? Is he channeling some unknown dimension?

9. Movie felt like a Thanos vs MCU movie rather than an Avengers movie. Not a Bad thing but a nitpick

10. Corvus Glaive and Proxima power levels just kept fluctuating with the plot.

Thor didn't have time.

In regards to Thanos, well it was like 5 v 1 against characters who were fighting strategically.

Iron man's armor got a huge boost, as did strange.

All they did was slow him down. He seemingly was playing with them and mantis held him down for a little while. Who CANT mantis hold down? He broke free. I thought it was fine how he was handled.

My biggest gripe was Thanos' lack of powers. Where are the energy blasts? The shields he can create? The mental attacks?

MCU Thanos literally had no super powers

Thor didn't have time.

In regards to Thanos, well it was like 5 v 1 against characters who were fighting strategically.

All they did was slow him down. He seemingly was playing with them and mantis held him down for a little while. Who CANT mantis hold down? He broke free. I thought it was fine how he was handled.

My biggest gripe was Thanos' lack of powers. Where are the energy blasts? The shields he can create? The mental attacks?

I was fine with the 5v1, until he took everyone down he was going at Ironman 1v1, and it's just ridiculous that Thanos absolutely owned Hulk, but Ironman was able to make him bleed. But then again Hulkbuster did defeat Hulk, so I guess?

It's also ridiculous that 3 humans with gadgets and one super serum were able to defeat 2 super strong alien generals that an OP telekinetic witch and android can't.

Where were Valkyrie and Korg?

And yeah the Heimdall scene was a bit of a copout. If he could teleport people without the BiFrost then why didn't he use that during Ragnarok?

Where were Valkyrie and Korg?

And yeah the Heimdall scene was a bit of a copout. If he could teleport people without the BiFrost then why didn't he use that during Ragnarok?

My guess is that they were the ones to evacuate half of the Asgardians, as Thor says that Thanos killed half of his people.

Regarding Heimdall, he called upon the All-Fathers to use dark magic to do so, which is also how Odin brought Thor to Earth in the Avengers. It's made out to be something that you don't do unless absolutely necessary (or else Thor would have gone to Earth earlier) and that it's dangerous/hard enough to not work on saving all the people Heimdall was protecting in Ragnarok. He had his sword which meant that he could use the bridge, so that was his plan.

Why didn’t any of the stone wielded use the power of the stones to stop Thanos? Strange in particular had time which could have been utilized to backtrack events

Speaking of which, I still don’t understand why he yielded and gave up the stone after making a big deal with protecting it against all costs, including Tony and Pete’s lives

How were the humans able to breath unaided in space? Why didn’t Stranfe teleport them back to Earth or away when it appeared obvious they were outmatched? Most of my issues with the film came from their segments

Last edited:
Speaking of which, I still don’t understand why he yielded and gave up the stone after making a big deal with protecting it against all costs, including Tony and Pete’s lives

I looked at it as Strange saw the only 1 outcome out of 14 million where they won and it had to do with either him sacrificing the time stone or Tony being the key. If that one option where he won showed Strange still in possession of the stone then he would have let Thanos kill Tony.

Why didn’t any of the stone wielded use the power of the stones to stop Thanos? Strange in particular had time which could have been utilized to backtrack events

How were the humans able to breath unaided in space? Why didn’t Stranfe teleport them back to Earth or away when it appeared obvious they were outmatched? Most of my issues with the film came from their segments

Only times they were breathing outside earth was at Titan, so I assume there's at least a compatible atmosphere for life and breathing. It's not like anyone complains when aliens come to Earth being able to breath without an apparatus, so it would make sense humans might be able to do the same with similar atmosphere.

Vision did use his. Corvus and Proxima could block his beams with their weapons though.

Doctor Strange used the Mind Stone to look at millions of possible futures before they faced off with Thanos, and he only saw one where they prevailed. I think it's safe to say that the one case where they did win included Stark somehow, so he needed to survive. I also think that outcome included Thanos doing his finger snap but getting defeated afterwards (which will be Avengers 4). We're not meant to know what Strange knows, but it did come off as that he knew what needed to happen.

I don't know where you say that humans could breathe in space. Peter certainly couldn't and fell off the ship due to lack of oxygen while still in Earth's atmosphere. Strange would have died like Maw if they didn't pull him back in fast enough. Other than that I don't remember any of them being out in space. Titan clearly had an Earth-like atmosphere.

It does seem kind of stupid for Strange to see the outcome where they win and yet still put everyone through a fight that could kill them. Give Thanos the stone and help out on Wakanda.

It does seem kind of stupid for Strange to see the outcome where they win and yet still put everyone through a fight that could kill them. Give Thanos the stone and help out on Wakanda.

Given that he viewed millions of outcomes I'd say that the difference between them have to be very small. Ergo him going to Wakanda could be one of the outcomes that didn't work.

The one outcome that he saw them winning also clearly involved Thanos getting all the stones. The victory he saw is pretty much guaranteed to be what we get in Avengers 4.

Mjölnir;36570641 said:
Given that he viewed millions of outcomes I'd say that the difference between them have to be very small. Ergo him going to Wakanda could be one of the outcomes that didn't work.

The one outcome that he saw them winning also clearly involved Thanos getting all the stones. The victory he saw is pretty much guaranteed to be what we get in Avengers 4.

Maybe he saw Squirrel Girl in the winning vision :D

Only times they were breathing outside earth was at Titan, so I assume there's at least a compatible atmosphere for life and breathing. It's not like anyone complains when aliens come to Earth being able to breath without an apparatus, so it would make sense humans might be able to do the same with similar atmosphere.
Bc we don’t know about alien biology. We are fully aware how humans work

We've seen Star-Lord breathe on plenty of planets so I think lots of aliens, if not most, in the MCU share the same needs when it comes to breathing.

Cap didn't have much to do

The stuff with Dinklage

and I agree with WB that it felt more like a Thanos vs MCU movie/culmination than an actual Avengers film. Not a big complaint or anything but something I noticed too

Also, Wanda completely losing her Sokovian accent took me out of it.

Thor didn't have time.

I kept thinking the same thing where were thanos natural powers?!? I was waiting for him to use them. I had to Google his Powers since I don't know alot about him outside TV shows. Damn everything about him was really about those stones lol!!!

I just know people will take that Strange/Tony scene at face value and say he was dumb to do that

Someone should've stopped Quill from going ape on Thanos. A concussive repulsor blast would have sufficed.

Anyone have a good explanation for this? I'm listening.

Anyone have a good explanation for this? I'm listening.

Did he get the new hammer after Thanos left Titan? The movie constantly switches back & forth making the viewer assume various groups of characters are doing things concurrently. His whole journey to get this hammer possibly took longer than Thanos tricking the guardians, snatching up Gamora, finding out about the soul stone, throwing down with red team & the guardians. No space stone for Thor.

Well, this doesn't fall into Unanswered questions, just more of my least favorite aspects.

The Thor/Peter Dinklidge/Rocket/Groot scenes dragged for me and the Wanda /Vision romance wasn't all that interesting for me.

The actors don't have that great a chemistry even though they're both very good actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"