No Cyclops; Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Spider-Kid, Aug 23, 2010.

?

Should Cyclops be replaced with Havok (along with Jean Grey)?

1. Keep them both in, having Havok as a villain for the movie

2. Just keep Cyclops in; after all, it is First Class

3. Keep Havok; no Cyclops please

4. Get rid of them both

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

One can question the title X2: X-Men United in relation to the film. When I think of X2, I think of the Brotherhood and X-Men (and Nightcrawler) uniting against a common human threat, not the X-Men uniting as though they weren't united in the first place. As awful as it would have been, and I'm not recommending this, it would have made more sense for X2 to be called X2: Mutants United than X2: X-Men United. The X-Men only truly unite at the end of the film and, if that's all it takes for the title to apply, Xavier could just as easily begin forming his first class of students toward the end of First Class, after he and Magneto lose a few younger mutants (not necessarily what Xavier considers his students). If something like that were to occur, Xavier could take in the likes of Beast and Banshee and recruit Cyclops, Jean, and Storm sometime later and he would still have few enough students that he could consider Cyclops, Jean, and Storm some of his first relative to the numerous ones he takes in over the 15-20 years after that. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

The more I think about it, the more I question how much of this movie only takes place in the 1960s. That is, if it does, what in the world does Xavier do for the rest of the decade, not to mention the 1970s and 1980s? Or is Singer simply being inconsistent with what he’s already established??? I suppose Xavier could also be misleading Wolverine in X-Men, as The Last Stand demonstrates Xavier isn't afraid to keep secrets, especially dark ones. I guess we'll see, but I'm curious to know sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  2. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

I questioned whether it all took place in the 60's at first, too. But while I think we may move through time a bit, I think it does take place entirely in the 60's.

I'm starting to realize that its unlikely we're going to see Scott, Jean and Storm in this franchise.

I would imagine the 70's and 80's would be reserved for future sequels. There's plenty Xavier and his fledgling X-Men could do in terms of research, education, and even adventure.

3. 3dtvs

3dtvs Member

I wonder will they ever introduce any of the characters frm the future like bishop. but I think the movie will be fine without cyclops though. his characters not that exciting to me.