No evil shall escape my sight...The Official John Stewart Thread

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Welcome to the official John Stewart casting thread.
While I think Hal will be the Green Lantern, we can't denny that if they want to expand and make the Corps big and nice they need to have John Stewart's presence as the second human GL.
55_JohnStewart.jpg

Besides the obvious favorite fan casting Idris Elba who do you think will be the best fit for the role?

John is my favorite Lantern, but at this point I've accepted that Hal is probably going to be the star. But as long as John shows up as a supporting Lantern, it'll all be good with me. And Idris Elba should be the top choice. Ask him first, then you can go searching if he says no.

Definitely want to see John Stewart in the DCCU as a persistent character. Hal should be the 1st GL and the one that starts in the JL and John's presence allows for DC to kill off or incapacitate Hal (same goes for whichever version of Flash they use) if they need to raise the stakes without copping out with a fake death. I'd rather see Hal suffer a serious injury that puts him out of active duty for a couple of films allowing John to take centre stage before handing back to Hal or over to Kyle. But he should be a persistent character throughout both before and after this event.

He posted this picture on his Facebook and Instagram with the caption "Rumor has it..."

I can dig this choice. He's not the worst candidate and he's shown that he can handle himself in action roles.

960277_1198687586825502_5027626353418474427_n.jpg

I'd be fine with that as long as he actually acts like John.

Oddly enough, I think he'd naturally make a better Guy Gardner.

I guess he's ok but their are other better actors that WB can get like Nate Parker or David Oyelowo.

I'd be fine with that as long as he actually acts like John.

That is the problem to me. If Tyrese can show th at he csn act and actually portray a different charcter then yes but he hasn't. Baby Boy, Fast & Furious, Transformers, and that Four Brothers movie he was exactly the same guy in all those films but with different names. I just have never seen Tyrese become a different character. I don't know if he has range as an actor becuase he's always directed the same in his roles. John Stewart is nothing like we've seen the one guy that Tyrese always plays. Stewart is not cocky, he's not a womanizer, he's not silly and makes comic relief, he doesn't shout out "dayum" and i can go on. John is laid back, intelligent, he thinks before he acts, he mentoring, all things that Tyrese has never shown in any film I've seen him in.

That is the problem to me. If Tyrese can show th at he csn act and actually portray a different charcter then yes but he hasn't. Baby Boy, Fast & Furious, Transformers, and that Four Brothers movie he was exactly the same guy in all those films but with different names. I just have never seen Tyrese become a different character. I don't know if he has range as an actor becuase he's always directed the same in his roles. John Stewart is nothing like we've seen the one guy that Tyrese always plays. Stewart is not cocky, he's not a womanizer, he's not silly and makes comic relief, he doesn't shout out "dayum" and i can go on. John is laid back, intelligent, he thinks before he acts, he mentoring, all things that Tyrese has never shown in any film I've seen him in.

In the movie WAIST DEEP, he played a serious character (IT WASNT A GOOD MOVIE) But he had that John Stewart type voice and seriousness to his character.
P.s Chris Evans was a very poor actor that played typecasted roles of a the typical *****e. Even in Fantastic 4. It was not until Cap he became a serious actor..

I am down for Tyrese as John Stewart, but I hope he guys much more bigger. I mean almost as big as vin diesel. I mean a little more chubby. Because John is drawn like that size in the comics.. Which is why everyone wants Idris or Michael Jai White cause they look BIG and like John..
I'm sure if he is casted, he could bulk up for the role..

796035-1057.jpg

Another concern is I what John to grow a goatee so he looks like the one in Justice League UNLIMITED animated series.. I hope Tyrese could grow it, and he hasn't grown anything for browsing pictures..

lool I'm sorry but yea it a little nitpick but I have no problem with him as John Stewart other wises..

In the movie WAIST DEEP, he played a serious character (IT WASNT A GOOD MOVIE) But he had that John Stewart type voice and seriousness to his character.
P.s Chris Evans was a very poor actor that played typecasted roles of a the typical *****e. Even in Fantastic 4. It was not until Cap he became a serious actor..

I am down for Tyrese as John Stewart, but I hope he guys much more bigger. I mean almost as big as vin diesel. I mean a little more chubby. Because John is drawn like that size in the comics.. Which is why everyone wants Idris or Michael Jai White cause they look BIG and like John..
I'm sure if he is casted, he could bulk up for the role..

796035-1057.jpg

Another concern is I what John to grow a goatee so he looks like the one in Justice League UNLIMITED animated series.. I hope Tyrese could grow it, and he hasn't grown anything for browsing pictures..

lool I'm sorry but yea it a little nitpick but I have no problem with him as John Stewart other wises..

Never seen Waist Deep. I guess the Chris Evans aspect helps but i just don't know. Their are other actors that are more talented like Nate Parker.

The pic of Stewart looks too Nick Furyish. I'm not sure who thought it would be cool to have John Bald and with a goatee for that animated show. Tyrese isn't bald he just shaves his head Bald. He has a full head of hair if he grows it out. If he does some how ma age to land the role I hope they have him grow his hair. Also John has been drawn differently in the comics. Tyrese's size is fine. He don't need to be The Rock sized buff.

Last edited:
Tyrese actually now that I think about it he would actually make a great John Stewart

Why some people think Nick Fury is the only look from various characters? Did you know that Nick Fury really was white in the comics? That version of Nick Fury is the ultimate.
They didn't invented the black guy bearded guy.. Geez

I think there are better choices out there, even if I'm not aware of all of them, but I wouldn't be upset if Gibson got the part.

There are much better choices out there, but if John Stewart is a supporting role, they may not be able to get those actors.

David Oyelowo is my pick for John Stewart, Tyrese would be fine too

He posted this picture on his Facebook and Instagram with the caption "Rumor has it..."

I can dig this choice. He's not the worst candidate and he's shown that he can handle himself in action roles.

960277_1198687586825502_5027626353418474427_n.jpg
Not my 1st choice for John, but I'd support it and hope he does an awesome job

It would be a horrible choice, but it's really not above WB to make a casting choice like that.

Been waiting for a John Stewart film for damn near a decade now. John is perfect for live action, isn't associated with one of the biggest failures in the history of comic book films, and John should be the main GL in this DCCU. It's time

Why should Hal Jordan be associated with the failure of the movie? It's not like the movie failed because of him, it failed because it was a bad movie. Besides if DC considered him to be a toxic character because of the movie's failure, they would try to never use him again, yet 4 years later he keeps getting featured as GL in pretty much all of their products outside of comics. I am not against Stewart being included in the DCCU, but I would have a problem if WB ignores Hal after the huge dump they took on him last time. They need to fix their mistake, not trying to run away from it. After that, they can have John and the others, I definitely want to see a Green Lantern Corps movie.

Last edited:
Completely agreed Johnny! Introduce Hal Jordan in Justice League, then bring John and Guy into the fold in the Green Lantern solo film

Or maybe they introduce two GLS at once in Justice League? Hal and John

Why should Hal Jordan be associated with the failure of the movie? It's not like the movie failed because of him, it failed because it was a bad movie. Besides if DC considered him to be a toxic character because of the movie's failure, they would try to never use him again, yet 4 years later he keeps getting featured as GL in pretty much all of their products outside of comics. I am not against Stewart being included in the DCCU, but I would have a problem if WB ignores Hal after the huge dump they took on him last time. They need to fix their mistake, not trying to run away from it. After that, they can have John and the others, I definitely want to see a Green Lantern Corps movie.
Regardless of why the movie failed, it failed. Even if it's not his fault, how can Hal not be associated with a film that he was the star of? When a movie succeeds or fails, the main character tends to be associated with that success or failure. If the movie was a huge billion dollar success, would you not associate Hal with it?

Although Hal's fans may want to see the dump fixed(understandably so), WB doesn't NEED to fix it. WB can ignore him and the General audience wouldn't shed a tear. As comic fans, we're not in the most crucial demographic for these films to be successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"