No genuinely good fight scenes in any of the four films

Sabotage8475 said:
What some fail to realize is that in Burton's films they weren't action sequence, just for the sake of being action sequences.. but the means for Burton to slowly drive home the idea to the audience Batman's rather ambigious morality, and his unstable nature (you can certainly see this in they way they were filmed) Perhaps the main agenda that runs through both films. Wether or not you pain attention to this or care will certainly effect the way you view the films. Perhaps a psyhological study and exploration (quesitioning - the main thing Burton does towards Batman's actions) of the character was too much for the fans, as some wanted something more fun, more basic, and adventure-esque in terms of story. This I can understand. God knows I wanted the same thing a few years back when these films didn't mesh with what I wanted from a Batman film. Today, it's a different story. Instead of focusing with what I wanted to see, I started focusing on what Burton was trying to do and his aim with the character and the films. It's very easy to get blinded by such a thing. All you have to do is be a little more open-minded. It works. :)

Wow, excellent observation. I honestly never noticed this before.

Sabotage8475 has the best point and no-one even comments on it.

I thought the fight scenes were really good. wat people don't get is that burton's batman was a bad ass. he didn't have to do all that kung fu and flips and stuff to beat up the bad guys. one or two punches or kicks would do the job. bats was just being economical with his punches.

BATMAN 89

Batman fights the one of the chinese or Japanese guy in a alley
I thought were good fights and batman fights Joker's goons in the catheral

BATMAN RETURNS
Batman fights Penguin goons in Gotham alley.

BATMAN FOREVER
Batman fights Two Face goons in the bank then again in Edward Nygma's party.
Bruce fights two Face goons in the circus.

Batman has fought people who can "give him comp" in the books. In the movies, he hasn't. He's mobile in the books whereas he stays in one place most times in the movies. From what I've seen of Begins I expect @least 1 good fight.

^ The bald henchman in the cathedral belfry gave him a run for his money. That was a good fight scene. Of course, Batman had just crashed into the street...

MatchesMalone said:
^ The bald henchman in the cathedral belfry gave him a run for his money. That was a good fight scene. Of course, Batman had just crashed into the street...

Shoot, dude probably had internal bleeding! Maybe even cracked ribs, And he STILL kicked their asses!! (except Lawrence, the priest dude, since he just fell through the stairs!).

Don't forget he climbed up all those stairs, too...he was quite a trooper in BATMAN. Seriously. People ***** about never seeing any grit from him, and it's right there.

They should do it like the street fight in that movie: They Live...what a brutal street fight that was

That was a Damn good fight. You should see the Jimmy VS. Timmy fight on South Park. It was based on "They live"

The new name for this should be "No genuinely good fight scenes in any of the five films"

brainchild81 said:
The new name for this should be "No genuinely good fight scenes in any of the five films"

Why? Isnt their good fights in Begins?

This thread is so stupid to, because it actually had good fights in the old movies.

Proximo said:
Why? Isnt their good fights in Begins?
Have you seen it?

This thread is so stupid to, because it actually had good fights in the old movies.
If the thread is "so stupid", why post in it?

brainchild81 said:
Have you seen it??
Yes i have seen it, i just asked why you counted in Begins when their good fights in that to.

If the thread is "so stupid", why post in it
This thread is "stupid" because their is good fights in Begins and the old movies, And when i was reffering to stupid thread i ment the "stupid" and pointless thing you write to add up more discussion.
brainchild81 said:

Proximo said:
Yes i have seen it, i just asked why you counted in Begins when their good fights in that to.

Because im not the "stupid guy" that posts worthless fact's, Like you did.
And by that i mean... Why write something pointless like this:

-When their is good fight scenes in Begins and some decent in the old movies.
Perhaps you're the "stupid guy" who still didn't answer the question. If the thread is stupid, why not just ignore it? People express opinions on forums, genius. The guy who started this thread was expressing his. I expressed mine. All you did was make yourself seem even more stupid. You must be very young. Is English your 2nd language?

brainchild81 said:
Perhaps you're the "stupid guy" who still didn't answer the question. If the thread is stupid, why not just ignore it? People express opinions on forums, genius. The guy who started this thread was expressing his. I expressed mine. All you did was make yourself seem even more stupid. You must be very young. Is English your 2nd language?

Like you said, People express opinions in forums, and this is my opinion, that this topic, thread is stupid. but yes the guy who started it have their opinion... and my opinion is that their is good fights in all life action movies so this thread isnt needed thats why i reffered to "stupid thread"
And no im not very young, I just dont have english as a first languege since im from europe.
"Perhaps you're the stupid guy" Now i really see who really should ignore this thread.

brainchild81 said:

there were excellent fight scenes in begins. just because the way they were edited, doesn't discredit them as good fights.

Batman Begins had realistic hard-hitting fights that were well done. They were just edited to put the viewer at eye level with the fight

cryptic name said:
there were excellent fight scenes in begins. just because the way they were edited, doesn't discredit them as good fights.
Yes. It does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"