Iron Man Sequels No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Well I for one cannot wait for The Magic Kingdom. Seriously.

Hopefully Marvel will select another talented director that respects the source material. The first thing I thought when I heard that Fav wasnt coming back is "Here comes the cursed third movie in a series," but I try to be optimistic. So we'll see.

Shane Black would be my pick.

Octoberist,

Ten bucks says WB snags him for a DC property within the next six months....

This would be seriously ****** if true. And if it is then what the hell, Marvel? I thought the idea was to learn from other studios' mistakes and do these movies right.

Sigh...things started off so beautifully. But after Norton, Howard, Jackson, Rourke, their insistence on Avengers subplots in IM2 and now this, I just have to question what value they really place on the talent itself, aside from the Marvel properties.

I can imagine RDJ wouldn't be particularly thrilled to star in these films without Jon's involvement, so I really do hope Favreau's decision was based solely on the fact he just wanted to do other things. Strangely, with his initial excitement over the future of the IM franchise, not to mention his desire to executive produce the Avengers movie itself, I have to lend credence to something behind the scenes once again mucking up the process.

Probably a tactic to see if they offer Favreau big money to stay

This news really shocked me when I saw the headline on my facebook. I really hope it doesnt turn into an xmen 3 situation.

It wouldn't surprise me if Favreau's name doesn't appear as an "executive producer" on Avengers title cards.

It just seems like the type of thing Marvel would do at this point.

I really hate the departure of Faverau. RDJ may be credited for IM1's success, but it was really Favearu and his passion for the character that helped made Iron Man into a household name and a superhero kids love to dress up as during Halloween. IM2 suffered a bit, partly due to the awkward implementation of the Avengers-centric stuff that Faverau had to include, as well as the recast for Rhodey, but I had high hopes that IM3 will once again become a standalone film where Favearu gets to do what he wants in the best interest of the franchise. I now have real concerns that IM3 will turn into another X3 or Superman 3, two other franchises where the original director's departure affected the conclusion of the trilogy tremendously.

Hopefully Marvel will select another talented director that respects the source material. The first thing I thought when I heard that Fav wasnt coming back is "Here comes the cursed third movie in a series," but I try to be optimistic. So we'll see.
I don't know will the "cursed third movie" apply for Iron Man, because as a rule for that to happen, the second movie needs to be very good or even better than the first. Iron Man 2 wasn't neither of those. It was like TMNT2 (still, the third TMNT movie sucked...); quickly rushed out flick to grab some hot cash while not being entirely catastrophe in quality, but severely lacking.

It wouldn't surprise me if Favreau's name doesn't appear as an "executive producer" on Avengers title cards.

It just seems like the type of thing Marvel would do at this point.
Agreed. Thought about it too.

Octoberist,

I was thinking the same thing!

Haha. Great minds think alike.

Well it depends..because if WB want the Flash out in 2013... Magic Kingdom is also shooting for a 2013 release, don't count on it. Unless they push it back.

Or maybe..just maybe Wonder Woman for a 2014 release?

Well, it looks like no third movie in a superhero franchise will ever be good. Nolan's going to get cancer and die before TDKR starts filming at this rate.

It just look like Marvel still hasn't learned from the debacle of X3 (after the departure of Singer), and how it affected the last film.

It just look like Marvel still hasn't learned from the debacle of X3 (after the departure of Singer), and how it affected the last film.
That was Fox.

This is very sad...:(

I can't wait for the trolls to come in, and declaring this as a good thing. Stupid people.

I may have enjoyed Ironman 2 alot,but this could be a good thing if the quality is better compared to Ironman 2,even though it got lots of positive reviews,those reviews weren't as positive as the ones that were meant for Ironman. I think that this could go either way if in fact that it is true that Favreau won't be directing Ironman 3.

I have no doubt Marvel's denial in granting Fevreau that extra year for film two played a part in this decision. Never felt like he was in control of that film.

This news sucks hard. I didn't expect this at all.

If this true i find it sad as i would have liked to have seen what direction he would have taken a sequel in with the Mandarin.Favreau seemed to have a good understanding of Iron Man, what the fans wanted and (not unimportant) he had good relationships with the actors and crew. Which is going to be tough act for the new director and follow.

Unlike some though i can't say i'm too surprised that he's gone because of how things reportedly went during negotiations with him and other actors for Iron Man 2.

Also, to me Favreau seemed somewhat apprehensive and daunted by a post-Thor-Cap-Avengers Iron Man film where magic would be introduced in a more 'grounded' world where the main characters rely heavily on science and tech.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"