Iron Man Sequels No iron man 3 for jon favreau

Well, obviously Favs doesn't want to do it. His heart is not in it anymore I guess?

I don't think this means the third one will suck. It will be a different beast, though, and that could be very good, actually. The franchise needs a hungry director.

Paladium poisoning? Hey-o! :woot:

Yes. Favreau was a good director for Iron Man but I think he's more suitable as a comedy or a family-movie than Iron Man. You can look from what he have done with these movies: lack of action, more comedy.

I think when they want him for Magic Kingdom he said yes because it's a movie for him.

Well, obviously Favs doesn't want to do it. His heart is not in it anymore I guess?

I don't think this means the third one will suck. It will be a different beast, though, and that could be very good, actually. The franchise needs a hungry director.

Spot on posts. :up:

If his heart isn't in it anymore, then lets get someone in that wants it.

Iron Man 2 was getting too joke heavy and less on the action.

Terrance Howard was never lowballed by the current people in charge. Before Favreau, Downey and the rest were hired, Avi Arad hired him and gave him X amount of money. That amount turned out to be more than RDJ himself.

He didn't deserve a raise or to keep making more than RDJ, no way in hell. So him leaving was more Arad's fault.
:lmao: Oh, another Arad fail...

All I can say is......YAY!!! :)

Iron Man 1 was enjoyable but nothing to call home about. Iron man 2 was even less impressive. Hopefully they hire someone who can do a better job. Im pretty excited for his Cowboys and Aliens however

Here comes the 3rd movie jinx..again. Like Blade 3, Spidey 3 and X3.....history repeats itself...

I read the article about why he left and feel a lot better about it. Basically, he wants to surprise people and simply seems tired of the franchise and having to please fans, the GA, and the studio for a big adaptation. He's clearly more excited about Magic Kingdom and wants to relive his Elf days and that's fine. It's cool that he keeps in touch with Feige, they seemed to get along well and I like that he's staying on as producer for The Avengers to prevent an appearance of bad blood.

Let's hope that Marvel finds someone who can orchestrate the same emotion and fun as Favreau while pulling together even better action scenes (not that the first two were bad at all, just could be slightly better is all).

Here comes the 3rd movie jinx..again. Like Blade 3, Spidey 3 and X3.....history repeats itself...
....or it could be the best in the franchise if they can get an Aronofsky like director.

At least the third one shouldn't be rushed now. That much. I mean, I assume they are shooting for a may 2013 release date?

No, Spider-man 3 belongs in there. Whether you like it or not, there were huge problems occuring behind the scenes.

Oh I thought he meant as a whole lol. Yeah I mean it had its problems, both movie-wise and BTS, but I liked it fair enough.

3.1 would make it about 32 times better though:o

Yes, Spidey 3 definitely belongs there. See also: Superman III, Batman For3ver.

I wouldn't say IM-3 is struck by the third movie curse. At least not until we know who's directing and who's writing the script.

I think they are already thinking of more IM movies after three. They've hired Marti Noxon (or at least in negotiations) to pen IM-4, according to Variety.

Has there ever been detailed info on what would be added in or taken out of a possible 3.1 or is it all fan wishes?

I don't think so....but the deleted scenes are there. So I think things wouldn't be the exact same, but the movie would be an improvement. I'd say maybe from a 6.5 to a 7-8 maybe.

The dance remains in both though.:awesome:

Last edited:
I wouldn't say IM-3 is struck by the third movie curse. At least not until we know who's directing and who's writing the script.

I think they are already thinking of more IM movies after three. They've hired Marti Noxon (or at least in negotiations) to pen IM-4, according to Variety.

wtf this was originally three and now they're onto the fourth?

this reminds me of a certain superhero series who had a 5th movie being written before the fourth one came out...:o

This is awesome news,IM2 was craptacular.Sloppy writing from start to finish,it made Spider-Man 3 look like a masterpiece.

yup this is actually not bad news at all there is a plethora of guys who can build upon Iron Man better

I think the people being emotional about this need to get over it.

I think recently Favreau has shown that he's sort of done with Iron Man and ready to move on.

For starters these things:

1. Favreau didn't want to do Demon in A Bottle. According to Bob Layton, RDJ really wants to do it, but Favreau does not.

2. Favreau doesn't want to do stories that have types of magical or fantasy stories in the Iron Man realm, so nothing that isn't tech-based or isn't realistic. He couldn't really get over that hump and I think that's why he wasn't picked for Avengers either.

3. He's got lots of other projects lined up right now, so he should be fine.

4. Its just, he just hasn't acted serious about wanting to lead and be the visionary for the franchise or other Marvel movies. I think he basically had his take and he's stepping aside now. What is wrong with that?

I think the only thing that would hurt the franchise is losing Robert Downey Jr.

It's probably too early to make any judgments on this, since a new director hasn't been brought in, but similar happenings in the past do not bode well for this. Iron Man 2 was already a step down from the first, even with Favreau directing, and a part of me can't shake the feeling that they'll pull a Ratner or Schumacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"