No love for the soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Khaos, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

So, you guys didn't enjoy the soundtrack? I ask this because to me the BvS soundtrack is one of the best of the entire CB genre. Just "A Beautiful Lie" i would rank above 90% of the scores out there in the genre. But i noticed people don't talk much about it. Is it really not appreciated or is simply not valued enough because of the way the movie was received?

2. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

As someone who didn't like the movie, I have listened to parts of the soundtrack by itself and found it enjoyable. My problem is due to how operatic and overpowering it was in the movie itself. Every moment felt underlined as if it were, in the words of one reviewer, scored by a choir being drowned in lava. That description may sound awesome to some, and I might have agreed if I enjoyed the film, but I didn't care for it overall.

That WW theme though.

3. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

So now that Batman's scores won't be created by Hans Zimmer, if you had to guess, would you say we will end up with betters scores or it's very unlikely that someone will beat the work of Hans Zimmer in TDKT, MOS and BvS?

4. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't even think any of Zimmer's DC related scores measure up to Williams' Superman, Elfman's Batman scores, Walker's Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm, or any of the scores to Batman The Animated Series and Superman The Animated Series. Unlike the majority's opinion on SHH I don't believe Zimmer set the bar high for any of the DC scores. He's done better scores outside the genre, imo.

5. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Man of steel was amazing and BvS didn't live up to those standards. Think Zimmer was less motivated because he was burnt out and thought the script sucked forcing him to retire. Overall I thought it was good, but mos was great.

6. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Like the last son said, Zimmer sounded burnt out on BvS. I'm glad he's not returning just so we don't have to hear anything like that again. I think that the JL score is in good hands with Elfman.

7. The_Manhunter

The_Manhunter DCEU & MCU Fan

Best superhero score ever IMO.

8. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Not sure i would say ever, but to me it beats almost everything else and everything else that's not DC related. At least a few of the tracks, like Is She With You, A Beautiful Lie, Men are still good.

9. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Well-Known Member

As far as Zimmer's superhero scores go...
    TAS-M2 >>>>>>>>>>>>TDKT, MOS, & BvS, imo.

TAS-M2 had a very inventive, unconventional, and contemporary score for a superhero movie.

10. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Wow. There isn't one track by Zimmer on Spider-Man that comes within the same universe as "flight""if you live these people "

11. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

This soundtrack was noticeably bad the first time I saw the film. It really stood out. I've since come around to it more. This easily has the worst soundtrack of any theatrical Batman movie. It doesn't catch your ear. It's not iconic.

I hate being negative, but this is what I thought

12. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to the soundtrack as a whole, but I do enjoy "Do You Bleed" and "Fight Night"- both really good bits of music for Batman related scenes.

13. BatOnTheWing

BatOnTheWing Well-Known Member

It has it's moments of brilliance,
    but it's ultimately just too sparse and atmospheric for me.

Most tracks have no actual structure, it's
    just very ambient in nature, generally speaking.

It's something I'd expect to hear in a haunted house that's
    trying to be edgy.

14. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

BvS is one of the best soundtracks I have heard in years and especially the best CBM soundtrack. This was the first full album I have purchased since 2008, as soon as WWs theme started playing I knew I had to have it in my car and on my iPod. I also Applaud how Zimmer utilized Flight this time around and thought the more somber version was beautiful. The only tracks I despise or the ones associated with Lex Luthor; those were like a screw driver in my ear.

15. ObserveCreative

ObserveCreative Well-Known Member

[YT]30dkcvqnpYk[/YT]

Finally honored Mr. Smith's wishes when it comes to soundtrack mashups and stuff)