"No... NOT the guy from the Rocky Movies": The Kree Empire Thread

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by KRYPTON INC., May 7, 2018.

1. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Just what it says. The place to discuss the involvement of the classic blue skinned alien interlopers from Marvel that will be appearing in Carol's film. Have at it fans!

2. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

So yeah... I want the Superemor and Hala to at least be referenced.

3. Abudefduf Registered

[​IMG]

I love how they look in this concept art. I'm also hoping to see some Sentries.

4. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Carol taking out a Sentry would definitely be a great way to show her power bona fides.

5. Silvermoth Avenger

Fantastic idea for a thread!

Hey I had a fantastic idea for who could play the supreme intelligence! Only academy award winning actress and character actor Alison Janney!

[​IMG]

She would be incredible!

6. Aximili86 Registered

Still on the Gilbert Gottfried train for that role. But hey, I guess Janney's voice is almost as annoying. Sure, why not? :p

7. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I... Don't see that in the least. I would honestly laugh if her voice came out of the Supreme Intelligence.

If you are going to go for a female voice I think it would be in the wheel house of Dame Judi Dench type. Maybe the Queen Of Thorns herself Dame Diana Rigg. If a younger voice perhaps another GoT alum, Lena Headey.

8. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I don't get the title of the thread. Guy from the Rocky movies?? Who?

9. Silvermoth Avenger

There’s no reason to be rude krypton.

Ha, well I would definitely burst out laughing. The supreme intelligence should be something of an intergalactic warlord and emperor. Not a comedy role. It should definitely be a villainous role

10. Aximili86 Registered

Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with it too. I sort of love the contast of this really laughable voice, someone like Gottfried or equivalent-crazy, slightly digitized sound and just spurting all these hammy Weaving-Schmidt type scenery-chewing lines. :yay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWbAQhRNts

Yep. Ronan answering to that guy, worth the ticket price right there.

11. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Oh wow, I hadn't seen this concept art until now. Good stuff.

12. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

The Supremor has often been obsessed with kick starting Kree biological evolution in some fashion. I wonder if that will play a role here or if even that is used in some way to grant Carol her powers in the first place?

13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah, a part of me thinks they're gonna combine her traditional origin and her Binary origin, and instead of making her get kidnapped and caught in an explosion of Kree tech, they'll make it so the Kree experiment on her, resulting in powers, like the Brood did when they turned her into Binary.

14. Silvermoth Avenger

I suppose it’s a good way to use Minerva. Why else would she be there? Except to kick ass of course

15. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I am beyond excited for all things Kree in this film (especially Ronan). If they give me Supremor as well, I will freak out! I am 100 times more excited for the Kree than I am the Skrull. The Skrull were never my favorite alien race, and I think their presence can be used for very bad things. I half hope this is their only major MCU appearance, but I know Secret Invasion will likely happen at some point (I hated Secret Invasion personally).

But the Kree are an alien race I love! :up:

16. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

MCU Cosmic News is saying that Hawkeye will be hunting down members of the Yakuza as Ronin in Avengers 4 and those members turn out to be Skrulls.

17. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

[blackout]I read that earlier today. Secret Invasion was just never my thing. The whole OH MY GODZ!!! CHARACTER X IS A SKRULL thing was meh to me. It has the potential to wipe away years of wonderful character development if not held in check. This storyline makes me nervous, LOL![/blackout]

18. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

[BLACKOUT]Sounds very post cred like if true. Or... Something of an appetizer shown in an alt future section of A4.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]I agree to an extent but at the same time it can be done in a way and perhaps given the more straight forward history and the limited amount of players in the MCU has to be done in a more circumspect way. The movies don't have tons of continuity to play with. Even if there are some heroes in a theoretical SI story in the films who turn out to be Skrulls it won't be them having taken over the identity for some long stretch. In essence we aren't going to learn Clint or Tasha was a Skrull when we met them in IM2 or THOR1. [/BLACKOUT]

19. Silvermoth Avenger

I’m dying to see more Kree tech and to see how it differs from skrull tech. There’s a lot of fun to be had there. They should make everything out of that seethrough plastic that the original game boy pocket had lol

20. Silvermoth Avenger

I hope we see more of their insect DNA. I reckon that makes them so interesting and there’s a good opportunity for some physical gross out comedy

21. Silvermoth Avenger

It would be really fun as promotional material for the movie if they made like, kree propoganda posters or including propoganda holograms in the movie. That would be really interesting

22. Silvermoth Avenger

From [URL]https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/05/brie-larson-captain-marvel-interview/[/url]

Sounds intriguing. Like her human side is the Kirk side and the kree side is her Spock side. You know how in cartoons when they want to show someone’s conscience they have an angel and a devil? I feel like Carol would have a little Kirk and Spock on each shoulder lol

Mysteryman likes this.
  23. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

I think I understand the title now. Clever.

Flashback to a Marvel cartoon that recently ended.

*Groan*

24. Mysteryman Registered

I like that Kirk and Spock analogy.
    To this day, The Enemy Within is my favorite hour of Star Trek ever.

25. Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah I could see carol as a massive Star Trek nerd particularly next gen