Sequels No Sam Raimi for Spider-Man 4?

Then there's very little chance he'll be directing SM4. He'll have room enough for producing Spidey, but I think the director is going to be a new one. I think Sony will get started on making SM4 in six months or less starting in 2008.
Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Sam Raimi can do 'Drag Me To bad place' and 'Spider-Man 4' back to back like he did with 'The Gift' and 'Spider-Man,' but if he's helming 'The Hobbit' - as Variety reports - then there's no chance he'll be doing Spidey.

Sam Raimi can do 'Drag Me To bad place' and 'Spider-Man 4' back to back like he did with 'The Gift' and 'Spider-Man,' but if he's helming 'The Hobbit' - as Variety reports - then there's no chance he'll be doing Spidey.
That's very true, so maybe there is a chance he will direct afterall. :spidey:

Wait a minute, did Variety actually report that he's doing The Hobbits. And if so, how does Peter Jackson feel about this?

Then there's very little chance he'll be directing SM4.

Talk about a leap in logic. :whatever:

Drag Me to bad place starts filming early next year. Spider-Man 4 starts filming early 2009 (at the earliest) and Raimi is taking a hands-off approach to SM4's pre-production. There's no conflict between doing the two films. If anything, going back to his roots might be just what he needs before going into another Spider-Man film.

Well if Variety is right, I think Sam is done directing Spidey movies.

I mean he is doing a passion project, which I'm very happy about, because it is going back to his roots and Lord knows he needs a break from producer heavy handed-ness. However, they report he is helming the Hobbit directly afterwards, which leaves no room for SM4.

Well it was a helluva run Sam, and I hope you still produce.

I am happy with his three movies, and while I wish he did SM4 and went off on a better note than SM3, I understand him wanting to move on and probably being sick of the restraints I'm sure Ziskin and especially Arad put on him. I think his movies are very well self-contained and if Sony intends to drag the lovestory on for 3 more films, it was a good time to jump ship then. I just look forward to the idea of fans lamenting for "the good ol' Raimi days," when Sony is done with this franchise.

Oh well.

Well if Variety is right, I think Sam is done directing Spidey movies.

I mean he is doing a passion project, which I'm very happy about, because it is going back to his roots and Lord knows he needs a break from producer heavy handed-ness. However, they report he is helming the Hobbit directly afterwards, which leaves no room for SM4.

Well it was a helluva run Sam, and I hope you still produce.

I am happy with his three movies, and while I wish he did SM4 and went off on a better note than SM3, I understand him wanting to move on and probably being sick of the restraints I'm sure Ziskin and especially Arad put on him. I think his movies are very well self-contained and if Sony intends to drag the lovestory on for 3 more films, it was a good time to jump ship then. I just look forward to the idea of fans lamenting for "the good ol' Raimi days," when Sony is done with this franchise.

Oh well.
I don't think they meant he was defenitley directing The Hobbit.

Talk about a leap in logic. :whatever:

Drag Me to bad place starts filming early next year. Spider-Man 4 starts filming early 2009 (at the earliest) and Raimi is taking a hands-off approach to SM4's pre-production. There's no conflict between doing the two films. If anything, going back to his roots might be just what he needs before going into another Spider-Man film.
Yeah, but what if he's doing The Hobbits film, and do we really know when SM4 will be filming, it could be six months from now? BTW, does anyone have a LINK to the Variety info?

Well, I don't care what movies Raimi is involved with, I just want confirmation that he's not returning and who the new director will be.

Yeah, but what if he's doing The Hobbits film, and do we really know when SM4 will be filming, it could be six months from now? BTW, does anyone have a LINK to the Variety info?

No. For a summer 2010 release, SM4 would start filming in early 2009.

No. For a summer 2010 release, SM4 would start filming in early 2009.
Sony hasn't set a release date yet, at least nothing official. And what's the matter with starting in the middle of 2008, there would be more time for post-production? Plus, it would make me giggle. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"