Sequels No Sam Raimi for Spider-Man 4?

Lizard and Kraven are a perfect match. Dr. Connors is obssesed with growing his arm back, Kraven is obsessed with hunting. Spidey tries to stop the Lizard, but the Lizard and Spidey get in a huge fight. Once Kraven arrives in NYC, he tries to hunt the Lizard, but Spidey gets in the way. Kraven, Spidey, and Lizard get in a huge fight. That would be very cool, IMO. :up:
it would be awesome :spidey:

The Lizard and Kraven sounds best, plus, there would be a lot less CGI for Kraven. Sony needs to let WETA handle The Lizard/Spidey for SM4. I know they have their own special effect company, but I think WETA can improve a lot over the previous films' visual effects.

I personally think Raimi has done an all-around great job with his Spider-man movies, even if the third film was not as successful creatively as one would hope. However I do hope there is a new director for Spider-man 4. If not by 4, then at least for Spider-man 5.
The reason is simple: Raimi is going to stick to formula while someone new will possibly try to tell the story differently. I think it wasn't that there were multiple villains in Spider-man 3 that hurt it; it was that there were multiple villains in a movie using the formula that made Spider-man 2 work.
Early on when Raimi discussed story details of Spider-man 3, he did so in very vague terms which also could apply to the story of Spider-man 2. He said that Spider-man 3 would focus on the development of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson's relationship, Peter Parker will face new life lessons, and the villain he chooses will reflect those life lessons. That describes both Spider-man 2 and 3 (and 1 to an extent). Also, all three films have had Mary Jane in jeopardy for the climax. I wish they let Gwen be the one kidnapped in Spider-man 3 just to make it less repetative and to give Bryce a lot more screen time. Not to mention that each villain has been interpreted as a good person who gets in a situation and makes the wrong decisions how to get out of it, and they have to have Peter loose his mask to let the drama play out on his face (it's kinda ridiculous how it's handled the final time in Spider-man 3). To me, everything that was fresh about Spider-man 2 was just recycled in Spider-man 3 while having new characters crammed into it. If he broke from formula he may have been able to fit the characters into the story smoother. I've always said, Spider-man 1 started the series but Spider-man 2 developed the formula that all Spider-man movies would follow (at least under Raimi).
It's not going to kill the series for someone else to take over and deliver a film that could turn out not to be any good. They'll just find someone else to make a better movie out of the one that follows. I hate to agree with Avi Arad but Spider-man has been around for over 40 years in the comics with different writers and artists giving their interpretations. The character can handle a new interpretation on film.

I think it'll be cool for a new director to take the helm and have Raimi produce it.

one thing i hate about having Kraven and Lizard together is that Kraven is so underpowered to really be a threat to either spidey or lizard, he needs a power boost or something for it to make any sense

one thing i hate about having Kraven and Lizard together is that Kraven is so underpowered to really be a threat to either spidey or lizard, he needs a power boost or something for it to make any sense
He can take down a charging bull, he's very fast, etc. That right there is a big threat, IMO.

Uhhhhhhhhh underpowered? He has super human strength and abilities and is an expert hunter, what more does he need?

Not only do I disagree but I think you'd do well to go and read some of the comics which feature kraven. Anyway, since when did these movies rely on making sense? Spidey got way too close to doc ock and landed way too many hits, without knocking ock out or at least putting him in a coma....especially when you look at it from the perspective that doc ock is a crazed supervillain and spider-man has superhuman powers.

Making sense in a comic book movie has never taking place. Nor will it ever.
He can take down a charging bull, he's very fast, etc. That right there is a big threat, IMO.
Uhhhhhhhhh underpowered? He has super human strength and abilities and is an expert hunter, what more does he need?
Indeed, sometimes I wonder do these people even know what Spider-Man's villains are capable of. And I don't want to see Kraven The Hunter written without his superhuman strength and speed. This can actually be captured without the use of CGI, if only the filmmakers would stop using it, when it's not necessary.

how is that a threat to someone who can apparently stop a speeding train?
Making sense in a comic book movie has never taking place. Nor will it ever.Indeed, sometimes I wonder do these people even know what Spider-Man's villains are capable of. And I don't want to see Kraven The Hunter written without his superhuman strength and speed. This can actually be captured without the use of CGI, if only the filmmakers would stop using it, when it's not necessary.
yah i know Kraven has super strength and speed, and i've read Kravens Last Hunt, his best story, but he only has like Captain America strength levels, in fact he'd be a better villain for Cap than spidey. just look at his official stats, he's lower then Spidey in every category, they need to give him some boosts for him to be a real threat. http://www.marvel.com/universe/Kraven_(Sergei_Kravinoff)
apparently fans think he's way more powerful then he actually is, just look at the difference in fans voting and the offical levels.

edit
who the heck makes up these power levels look at Venoms chart http://www.marvel.com/universe/Venom_(Eddie_Brock) apparentlly hes more powerful than the Hulk now

He is, and now I know who his pad is. :o

Sweet...go me....

???????????

I wouldn't spend months *****ing about it online in anger and calling the director a moron or making fun of Dylan Baker, who like Topher Grace, is in fact a good actor. I might be upset for a week or two with a few posts, but I would get over it. I hated what happened to Pheonix, Cyclops et al. in X3 and Doom/Galactus in the FF movies, but I don't spend months on those boards in anger and calling the filmmakers stupid fools and trying to make myself feel superior to it. I would also be fair and note anything that SM4 did right, and not ***** over the whole thing.

Plus, I think Raimi's interpretation of Venom was superior. :p

Oh, I just enjoying *****ing...it's my nature, hahahaha.

BUT....

Topher Grace sucks.

Sam Raimi Venom sucks.

Spider-Man 3 sucks.

:cwink:

302.jpg

So anyways;

I'm just going to say that I've been pleased with the Trilogy thus far and I think Raimi has done a fine job. Sure, I have a few complaints (Which are minor) but everyone is entitled to their opinions. And I would be glad if Raimi came back for another movie. Plus, I think he'll return for SM-4, IMO.

I would like to see Raimi, Maguire, and even Dunst return for SM4, but I think it would be better for the series if (at least) Maguire and Dunst didn't come back. Don't get me wrong, I like them and I've liked all three movies, but people thought SM3 was starting to make the series feel stale. We're coming up on the fourth entry in the franchise now, which is the do-or-die moment and requires some kind of paradigm shift in the way the stories are told. In other words, if the series is to survive past four films, it will need a breath of fresh air.

how is that a threat to someone who can apparently stop a speeding train?

yah i know Kraven has super strength and speed, and i've read Kravens Last Hunt, his best story, but he only has like Captain America strength levels, in fact he'd be a better villain for Cap than spidey. just look at his official stats, he's lower then Spidey in every category, they need to give him some boosts for him to be a real threat. http://www.marvel.com/universe/Kraven_(Sergei_Kravinoff)
apparently fans think he's way more powerful then he actually is, just look at the difference in fans voting and the offical levels.
Please, if Spidey can fight Doc Ock with NO powers, with Ock being a worthy opponent, why the bad place can't someone with super strength, super speed and an animal instinct be worthy, as well? It's pretty much how it's written that counts, because Spidey's gonna win either way.

edit
who the heck makes up these power levels look at Venoms chart http://www.marvel.com/universe/Venom_(Eddie_Brock) apparentlly hes more powerful than the Hulk now
Which is why you should stop paying attention to this chart. :o

I would like to see Raimi, Maguire, and even Dunst return for SM4, but I think it would be better for the series if (at least) Maguire and Dunst didn't come back. Don't get me wrong, I like them and I've liked all three movies, but people thought SM3 was starting to make the series feel stale. We're coming up on the fourth entry in the franchise now, which is the do-or-die moment and requires some kind of paradigm shift in the way the stories are told. In other words, if the series is to survive past four films, it will need a breath of fresh air.

The do or die moment was already in play when sm3 hit and guess what it.....despite its financial success, the film critically died. Really, these films needed a breath of fresh air from sm2 but that's another story.

302.jpg

So anyways;

I'm just going to say that I've been pleased with the Trilogy thus far and I think Raimi has done a fine job. Sure, I have a few complaints (Which are minor) but everyone is entitled to their opinions. And I would be glad if Raimi came back for another movie. Plus, I think he'll return for SM-4, IMO.

I miss the days when all threads collapsed into Kirsten Dunst bashing.......

I love fickle fans...they praise Raimi for SM1 and SM2 but as soon as something goes sour...they kick him out of the boat. If he doesn't direct, I atleast want him to produce.
Actually (*with the exception of The Green Goblin's garb*) I did indeed hail the first one. On the other hand, Spider-Man 2 left me a bit flat. Raimi robs Spidey of his trademark wit and his secret identity. Not only that, Mary Jane is reduced to nothing like her collective out-going and hip comic counterpart. Rather Raimi gives us a dull, introverted, two-timing, non-dimensional take on an established charasmisitc character. Finally, adding injury to insult, I await the ending to see the "bad" Doctor Octopus get his just deserts, but instead he turns out to be the "good" Doc Ock and actually saves the city??
(*funny.. I always saw this to be Spidey's job*) We have Doc Ock murdering, maiming, terrorizing, threatening, stealing. I had never wanted to see anyone taken down as much as him by the film's hero. Instead, we have Spidey actually ripping off his mask (*AGAIN*) and revealing his true persona to the mad Doctor. (*err Uncle Ben. Please remind Pete of his Great Responsibility credo*) Two things going for Spider-Man 2 were the effects, the Spidey costume, the hype, and J. Jonah Jameson. (*a perfect incarnation of his comic counterpart*) Anyway, with Spider-Man 3 I feel it's long overdue for Raimi to step down. I can't remember the last time I had seen a film of such tripe. It's not so much being a "fickle fan", but rather wanting these film makers to make an attempt of realizing over 40 years of development and greatness!

The do or die moment was already in play when sm3 hit and guess what it.....despite its financial success, the film critically died. Really, these films needed a breath of fresh air from sm2 but that's another story.

No it didn't.

Actually (*with the exception of The Green Goblin's garb*) I did indeed hail the first one. On the other hand, Spider-Man 2 left me a bit flat. Raimi robs Spidey of his trademark wit and his secret identity. Not only that, Mary Jane is reduced to nothing like her collective out-going and hip comic counterpart. Rather Raimi gives us a dull, introverted, two-timing, non-dimensional take on an established charasmisitc character. Finally, adding injury to insult, I await the ending to see the "bad" Doctor Octopus get his just deserts, but instead he turns out to be the "good" Doc Ock and actually saves the city??
(*funny.. I always saw this to be Spidey's job*) We have Doc Ock murdering, maiming, terrorizing, threatening, stealing. I had never wanted to see anyone taken down as much as him by the film's hero. Instead, we have Spidey actually ripping off his mask (*AGAIN*) and revealing his true persona to the mad Doctor. (*err Uncle Ben. Please remind Pete of his Great Responsibility credo*) Two things going for Spider-Man 2 were the effects, the Spidey costume, the hype, and J. Jonah Jameson. (*a perfect incarnation of his comic counterpart*) Anyway, with Spider-Man 3 I feel it's long overdue for Raimi to step down. I can't remember the last time I had seen a film of such tripe. It's not so much being a "fickle fan", but rather wanting these film makers to make an attempt of realizing over 40 years of development and greatness!
Firstly, Doc Ock didn't murder anyone and secondly if Spider-Man's comic characters and plot counterparts were literally translated from paper to film, the movie would be terrible. They had to reach a wider audience instead of 10 year olds and 40 year olds that grew up with the comics. Raimi made a great franchise and brought Spider-Man back into the forefront with Spider-Man 2 seen by many as the greatest superhero movie made to date and certainly the biggest superhero franchise to date. So yes, it is fickle to allow Raimi to mess up once and then suddenly want him gone out of the picture totally...that is the deffinition of fickle.

62% isn't a failure but it certainly is not close to good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"