Homecoming No spider sense??

Except... That's not what he said. The statement in the article said they weren't going to "lean into" that as much as other films have in the past. He also indicated a willingness to "explore" that ability more in the future. The supporting evidence is also laughable. I mean... Toby and Andrew both took shots from opponents in their films, did that mean they didn't have Spider-Sense either?

But... Fanboys gotta fanboy I guess.

Except... That's not what he said. The statement in the article said they weren't going to "lean into" that as much as other films have in the past. He also indicated a willingness to "explore" that ability more in the future. The supporting evidence is also laughable. I mean... Toby and Andrew both took shots from opponents in their films, did that mean they didn't have Spider-Sense either?

But... Fanboys gotta fanboy I guess.

There it is. Nothing more to say.

Yeah he didn't say "no spider-sense".

But it's still kind of a lame excuse. Was the spider-sense really that over used in the past films? I'm sorry but it's kind of an important ability of Spider-Man's....

Is this why we have the Stark A.I. instead?...Oh brother....hopefully he ditches that A.I.

But it's still kind of a lame excuse. Was the spider-sense really that over used in the past films? I'm sorry but it's kind of an important ability of Spider-Man's....

Is this why we have the Stark A.I. instead?...Oh brother....hopefully he ditches that A.I.

Agreed. They're just pushing too far the "we've got to be different from previous films" argument.

I think he just meant they won't go as in depth in exploring the spider sense, just as a thing that happens, like how it happens in Civil War.

I'm fine with them minimizing it since if you show it off too much you start to wonder how Spidey gets hit at all.

He doesn't have spider-sense at all or the film just doesn't show him having spider-sense?

Big difference.

He doesn't have spider-sense at all or the film just doesn't show him having spider-sense?

Big difference.
He has it but it won't be something they specifically mention or focus on.

Agreed. They're just pushing too far the "we've got to be different from previous films" argument.

Which is why I keep saying growing him as a adult would have made more sense.

Spider-sense was used horribly in the past franchises. Completely inconsistent ability. He clearly had it in CW, they just don't linger on it.

This whole thing seems like it was blown out of proportion, news articles are taking what Watts said at face value. They should know Marvel wouldn't do that to their poster boy, especially since it was shown in appearance in Civil War.

Spider Sense has always been used as a plot device anyway. He will conveniently loses it if the scene needs the villain to land a few punches against Spider-Man, then get it again if they want Parker to live (example: Spider-Man vs Green Goblin in the final scene of the first movie).

At this point I'm glad they have web shooter and wall crawling in this film. The other films had a lot of that.

Eh, it's not like the other films relied too heavily on spidey sense either. I can do without it anyway, as long as we have web shooters and the likes.

This claim is ridiculous. We know for a FACT that this version of possesses spider sense.

A) He tells Tony in Civil War that his senses were "dialed up to 11" and that he needs to wear the goggles to help him focus on what he needs to and not get overwhelmed by the sensory input. This is why Tony builds the expressive eye lenses into his improved Spidey costume. The fact that Peter continues to wear both costumes in Homecoming helps reinforce the idea that he needs them to help him control his spidey sense.

B) When Ant Man shrinks down and jumps on Caps shield while Spidey is holding it, his eyes widen and he starts looking around, saying "Hey guys, I think something is wrong" right before Ant Man grows big again, attacking SPidey and stealing the shield. It's clear that Peter sensed that he was in danger right before the attack happened.

C) When fighting Falcon and Bucky, Peter lands on some fixtures near the ceiling. When Bucky throws a piece of metal at Peter from behind, once again, we see the eye lenses widen and he says "Oh god!" before seamlessly dodging the metal and catching it. Once again, the film calls attention to him sensing something before it happens.

D) The trailer for homecoming shows him dodging punches from the "Avengers" thugs in a similar manner.

So yes, this version still has spider sense. In fact, based on his need to wear goggles that help him adjust to the sensory output, this version may have a more powerful spider sense than other versions we have previously seen. Jon Watts merely said that they didn't feel the need to mention it or specifically focus on it in this film, but he says that he's interested to explore that power in the sequel.

While I am slightly disappointed by the lack of focus on the spider-sense power, as it is one of Peter's more unique powers and it can look really cool when filmmakers show the audience how it helps him "see" differently, the creators have NOT removed this ability from his powerset. The titles of those articles are misleading and sensationalist.

Spider-sense was used horribly in the past franchises. Completely inconsistent ability. He clearly had it in CW, they just don't linger on it.

I think the 1st Raimi movie had the best use of it, especially the Goblin's death. Using it to slow things down and really take in the danger, and the immediacy of the reaction after letting it sink in for a second, that was just some darn good filmmaking.

The spider-sense ability has been a tricky one for a long time. A lot of interpretations either in movies, comics, etc seem to use the spider-sense only when the writers want too.

Spider-Man gets hit a lot, gets surprised a lot, technically none of these things should ever be happening.

I'd say The Animated Series has used and shown off the spider-sense ability the most out of all the incarnations of movies and shows.

And yes, Spidey_62. The first Raimi movie used it well.

The spider-sense ability has been a tricky one for a long time. A lot of interpretations either in movies, comics, etc seem to use the spider-sense only when the writers want too.

Spider-Man gets hit a lot, gets surprised a lot, technically none of these things should ever be happening.

I'd say The Animated Series has used and shown off the spider-sense ability the most out of all the incarnations of movies and shows.

And yes, Spidey_62. The first Raimi movie used it well.

The Animated Series had the coolest visualization of the spider sense too so I'm glad they showed it off a lot.

The power is generally inconsistent unless there are concrete rules for it in an adaptation like in Spectacular Spider-Man, they said they wanted to avoid inconsistency with it and just have it be for immediate danger to Spider-Man's person that he doesn't see coming.

I'm not sure what the big deal is.
It's already been established that he has it in Civil War.
There really isn't a need to dwell on something that's going
to be used inconsistently as it is.

This claim is ridiculous. We know for a FACT that this version of possesses spider sense.

A) He tells Tony in Civil War that his senses were "dialed up to 11" and that he needs to wear the goggles to help him focus on what he needs to and not get overwhelmed by the sensory input. This is why Tony builds the expressive eye lenses into his improved Spidey costume. The fact that Peter continues to wear both costumes in Homecoming helps reinforce the idea that he needs them to help him control his spidey sense.

B) When Ant Man shrinks down and jumps on Caps shield while Spidey is holding it, his eyes widen and he starts looking around, saying "Hey guys, I think something is wrong" right before Ant Man grows big again, attacking SPidey and stealing the shield. It's clear that Peter sensed that he was in danger right before the attack happened.

C) When fighting Falcon and Bucky, Peter lands on some fixtures near the ceiling. When Bucky throws a piece of metal at Peter from behind, once again, we see the eye lenses widen and he says "Oh god!" before seamlessly dodging the metal and catching it. Once again, the film calls attention to him sensing something before it happens.

D) The trailer for homecoming shows him dodging punches from the "Avengers" thugs in a similar manner.

So yes, this version still has spider sense. In fact, based on his need to wear goggles that help him adjust to the sensory output, this version may have a more powerful spider sense than other versions we have previously seen. Jon Watts merely said that they didn't feel the need to mention it or specifically focus on it in this film, but he says that he's interested to explore that power in the sequel.

While I am slightly disappointed by the lack of focus on the spider-sense power, as it is one of Peter's more unique powers and it can look really cool when filmmakers show the audience how it helps him "see" differently, the creators have NOT removed this ability from his powerset. The titles of those articles are misleading and sensationalist.

:applaud: x100

It's not that hard to not be ridiculous and hyperbolic. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"