Days of Future Past No Stan Lee cameo in XMFC: How do you feel about this?

It doesn't bother me, but it does make me wonder why...

Does Stan choose NOT to be in the film, was he simply going to be too busy, or is it the decision of the director, or anyone else working in the film?

It's the decision of the director and producers. Stan does every cameo he is asked to do.

SM3 is by far his worst cameo imo. The movie was cheesy enough in certain points already, his lines pushed it further over the line.

SM3 is by far his worst cameo imo. The movie was cheesy enough in certain points already, his lines pushed it further over the line.

What was his cameo in that, I forget?

To not have stan, I think will take a way from the comedy of the film in away and is meant for it to be more serious. Big stretch I know, but if you look at all the films he has been in there has been some level of comedic humor and his cameos keep getting funnier and funnier. However, I am all for him to be in it and wish that he was. Heck it would have been nice if they made him Charles' dad or a scientist at the mutant orphanage that Xavier, Raven, and Erik are taken to and acts as their mentor.

What was his cameo in that, I forget?
He walked up to Peter and said something along the lines of "I guess one person really can make a difference...'nuff said!"

Pretty corny, but I kinda liked it. *shrug*

i think it sucks that hes' not in it. i love his camoes, if i have my way he would make camoes in dc movies as well

He walked up to Peter and said something along the lines of "I guess one person really can make a difference...'nuff said!"

Pretty corny, but I kinda liked it. *shrug*

Thanks!

if i have my way he would make camoes in dc movies as well

That's just wrong. DC would have their own comic creators to pay respect to if a lot of them hadn't passed away.

A lot of the original creators are gone but there are a lot of writers that had heavy influences on the characters that deserve cameos. I always like that Chris Claremont got a cameo in X3, considering how much of an impact he had on the X-Men books.

I just hope Joe Simon was offered a cameo in Cap this summer. Maybe he's too old and/or in ill health to do it though. At least I hope he can see the film.

stan lee,walt simonson and jms got a cameo in thor. would be cool to see johns in the gl movie.

it is kinda curious, though... not in X2, but, after Singer leaves he shows up in X3, now that Singer's back on board, no cameo again

just saying

kind of an interesting point. could be the director though who didn't want him.

Hmm, nopes. Don't care at all.
It was sweet maybe the first or second time, but that's it.

kind of an interesting point. could be the director though who didn't want him.

I read a few interviews with Stan about his cameo in x2, punisher, wolverine, blade, he said he wanted to do them, but their were schedule conflicts and couldnt make them, with the exception of Blade, but it cut from the film. His scene was in the beginning where the cops put of quinn being on fire.

A lot of the original creators are gone but there are a lot of writers that had heavy influences on the characters that deserve cameos. I always like that Chris Claremont got a cameo in X3, considering how much of an impact he had on the X-Men books.

Really? Where was Claremont's cameo? Didn't know that. Don't think I could sit through it a second time to look myself.

I saw Stan at the Dallas Comic Con yesterday. That'll serve as my cameo for the movie.

By the way, that was a massive con. Don't think I've ever seen that kind of attendance at a Dallas area con. Huge numbers of people. Have to think Stan being there had something to do with it. Love Stan. He's still "the man"

Last edited:
Really? Where was Claremont's cameo? Didn't know that. Don't think I could sit through it a second time to look myself.

I saw Stan at the Dallas Comic Con yesterday. That'll serve as my cameo for the movie.

By the way, that was a massive con. Don't think I've ever seen that kind of attendance at a Dallas area con. Huge numbers of people. Have to think Stan being there had something to do with it. Love Stan. He's still "the man"

Claremont and Lee both had cameo roles at the start when young Jean is showing off her powers. Claremont is the man whose lawnmower lifted in the air, while Lee saw the water from his hose go upwards...

They're right at the start so if you really detest X3 that much, you don't have to sit right through it.

Still don't get all the hate for X3. The score, the Xavier vs Jean battle, the moving of the Golden Gate bridge (seen in no other movie), the introduction of Angel, Beast, Juggernaut, Multiple Man, Callisto/Morlocks, the thought-provoking idea of the cure (would you change what you are to fit in?). Yes, Cyclops got the short straw (as he did in X1 and X2), yes Ratner was wrong to have Rogue take the cure and go against the themes/moral of the movies and yes it would have been nice to see a Phoenix firebird and more Psylocke (that was mostly down to decisions of time/budget). But, still, the movie did bring a lot of great stuff to the screen.

I agree. There are a lot of great stuff thrown into X3. It's really not all bad. It's really just that the previous two movies did so much in raising the bar and also expectations leading up to X3 and it came up short in many more ways than people wanted. I still watched the movie countless times.. :D

Well I have always said people had mixed reaction.The problem was the micromanaged script and a compent director who understood the X-men.Brett Ratner Is no Bryan Singer or matthew Vaughn.If Vaughn would have stayed on and made the film while It
would not have been free of critism it would have been far better received,Vaughn would
have handled the Phoenix stroy so much.Vaughn was going to give Rogue an actual part.He had plams for a scene of Kitty Ryde,Iceman,and Beast working together to steal a vial of the cure.Vaughn was going to have Magneto raising the bride so he could free
Mutants prisoners.Alcatraz was going to be where the government was keeping criminal mutants.Mystique was going to be test subject on the cure.That Is how she would be cured If Vaughn had made It.The climix reportlyw as going to be more epic.With Magneto
leading an attack on the White House.Beast was going to be Introduced as driver of Xavier and Magneto In opening scene.It was Vaughn who cast Kelsey grammer as beast.So one of best casting decsions on Last Stand was all Vaughn.Yes he did also cast
Vinnie Jones as Juggarnaut but I suspect Juggernaut would have been a more silent
henchman similar to Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike and not spouting bad one liners
If Vaughn would had done the film.

It was nice to see The Danger room on screen.And one really good casting decsion by Ratner was Ellen Page as Kitty.But they should have cut down on various adding of characters.Angel was pretty pointless.They should have left Psylocke out.Callistro was played by too much of a hottie.

If only we had a director on Last Stand who trully was trying to be true to first 2 films.

Yeah, people can put as much blame on the script issues, the production schedule, FOX, whatever. I will always put the lackluster filmmaking the bad decision making onto Brett Ratner. Some of the changes and decisions that he made when he took on the helm, in hindsight, were just plain bad and Vaughn would've done such a better job with the material overall...

Another thing that Is Intresting Is on the Producers commtary on the Last STand
Lauren Shuller Donner openly says she disagreed with brett Ratner on having Rogue take the cure.While the producers laregly tried to praise Ratner's work the comment on
ROgue makes me think when Ratner was hired he was largely given control as long as he
made the may 2006 release.

Tight schedules don't always mean bad films.Bryan Singer had tight schedules with both X-Men and X2.And Vaughn made First Class with tight schedule.

One of these days I would like to see the draft Vaughn worked with Simon Kinberg and Zack Penn of last Stand leak online.This was the draft that Aint It Cool News got ahold of and did partal review.

Tight schedules don't always mean bad films.Bryan Singer had tight schedules with both X-Men and X2.And Vaughn made First Class with tight schedule.

One of these days I would like to see the draft Vaughn worked with Simon Kinberg and Zack Penn of last Stand leak online.This was the draft that Aint It Cool News got ahold of and did partal review.
:up::up::up:

it is kinda curious, though... not in X2, but, after Singer leaves he shows up in X3, now that Singer's back on board, no cameo again

just saying

Yeah, I also find that strange. It's also even stranger considering that Bryan Singer STARTED the whole Stan Lee cameo thing.

Yeah, people can put as much blame on the script issues, the production schedule, FOX, whatever. I will always put the lackluster filmmaking the bad decision making onto Brett Ratner. Some of the changes and decisions that he made when he took on the helm, in hindsight, were just plain bad and Vaughn would've done such a better job with the material overall...

Maybe, but Ratner had very little time (eight weeks or something) before filming was scheduled to start, so he relied on the writers to confirm that the material was respectful to the source material.

I believe that Ratner made the movie he knew he could achieve in that time. Although he shot for longer than they did on X2, he had hardly any pre-production time and there wasn't a lot of post-prod time either. I think some of the changes he made were, by his calculations, the only way of getting such a huge film done on time. In other words, he got rid of the White House stuff to make the filming schedule more manageable.

He also overrode some of the views of the producers by getting the go-ahead from Rothman. Thus, he wanted Rogue to be cured, because he wanted to show someone taking that other option and because a teenage girl with that particular mutation in real life would be likely to take the cure. Since teenagers in real life are having cosmetic surgery, going on crazy diets etc, it's likely that a real-world Rogue would indeed take that cure. But in the movieverse, it goes against the central themes of the franchise. In that decision, he made his biggest misjudgement in the entire film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"