Age of Ultron No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh:

okay. I'm done arguing this with you (which I know exactly what you are going to say to this) but it's whatever.

You have your opinion, and we all have ours.

He has his conspiracy theories :cwink:

Sees how flawed humanity is, and the most logical way to solve it is to eliminate it. He's built to solve problems.

A step up from Loki's, then. It would be cool if Ultron's attempt to eliminate humanity had him targeting disenfranchised peoples and nations, sparking mass riots and depravity to demonstrate humanity's flaws. Ultron's manipulations could force the United States' hand in intervening, dragging us all into WWIII. The Avengers would have to deal with Ultron and a rapid breakdown of civilization.

That would actually be awesome

Hello, organic children of the planet Earth. I am the Ultron interface. [...] I was created to replace you. [...] Though you ultimately failed as a species, you should not be ashamed of what you've accomplished. You've done much with your limited capacity, but ultimately you were too greedy and too frail to ever last in the environment you've created. I've studied your literature and pop culture... You've fantasized about this day. And now it is here. Your Doomsday. - Ultron 616

I suspect this is one of the quotes Whedon would dig putting in there.

I'd love for a name drop of the title. For Ultron, I sort of imagined a compilation of screens all over the planet showing him in a chair while he gives a speech, that ends with "The Age of Humanity has ended, the Age of Ultron is now".....maybe just as a nod to the books, he can end it with "Submit or Perish"

=jaqua99;26766485]:huh:

okay. I'm done arguing this with you (which I know exactly what you are going to say to this) but it's whatever.

You have your opinion, and we all have ours.
[/QUOTE]
BINGO!!

Believe or not, that's how I feel about everything on these boards....

And you guys have stone-cold facts like "That's Joss!" and "He wouldn't do that!" LOL

To each his own.....:yay:

I actually never said either of those things, that was someone else haha.

Why are people feeding the troll?

Im hoping Joss comes up with a new wrinkle/facet to Ultrons personality and/or motivations. I expect him to put his stamp on the character, something new and different and maybe even surprising. And he will let Spader be Spader to a moderate extent. Should be fun. Might be badass.

The only wrinkle or wrinkles will be the ones from Spaders face-time! Ho!

The only wrinkle or wrinkles will be the ones from Spaders face-time! Ho!
I just don't see how 'face time' would work with Ultrons personality unless he disguises himself as Spader to infiltrate some facilities to gain access to some computer systems and even that I find unlikely. I can't remember him ever acting that way in the comics

One aspect of Ultron that I hope Whedon will keep is the creepy Oedipus Complex. That will require that an Avenger create the Mad Robot so that he can develop those angry father/son feelings along with an unhealthy desire to kill his parent and replace him. Those moments between Ultron and Hank Pym were some of the best in the comic books, particularly since Pym wasn't allowed to have actual children (most superheroes don't). They can omit the perving on Pepper, just as long as they keep Ultron's daddy issues intact.

ultronpym.jpg

The First Movie I saw with James Spader was Stargate.

james-spader-and.jpg

The Bomb always reminded me of a Robot...

Everything reminds you daleks of robots.

I hope Spader does have a metallic tone to his voice. I want him to sound a little like a Dalek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"