Age of Ultron No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna just drop this gem here like I did in the main thread: My Spader-Sense is tingling! (crickets) I'll... I'll let myself out. (door slams)

It made me chuckle :up:

Anyway, didn't expect Spader to be cast as Ulrton, or for them to announce it so soon, but I LOVE IT. Unexpected and slightly odd choice, but it works for me. I think it's great.

tumblr_mk6li8_BSs_G1qcygcoo1_500.jpg

Loki gives his support

tumblr_msaunzc_Iqt1qeuzrdo1_500.jpg

He's amazing. I think he'll do a great job

I agree!

After this awesome news, it's all about waiting to see who they're going to get to play Thanos in GotG.

TBH, I only know him as the original Daniel Jackson. Didn't know what else he was in. Would not have expected this at all.

Funny, though, because I was just idly wondering the other day what kind of character Michael Shanks (who took over the character of Jackson in SG-1) would play if he were ever cast in the MCU.

He's also in Boston Legal alongside William Shatner and he was recently in Lincoln.

Just saw this on my twitter...

WTF!

So I guess it's not a simple JARVIS becomes Ultron kinda thing

He could still start out as JARVIS and alter his voice.

OR...... Tony gives a different version of his AI to Shield to run things....but Shield screws it up

I misread it as James Woods at first. That would have been hilarious.

"Well, you know, I mean...humankind, they're inevitably flawed....always with that "free will", hey, who are we kidding, you know what I mean?"

:lmao:

I read entirely in his voice and it was amazing :awesome:

First thing I ever saw him in was Jack's Back...a movie released in 1988 about the 100th anniversary of the Jack the Ripper murders....it was a great little movie and he was great in it...I stand behind Marvel's decision...bravo once again :)

Just close your eyes and have Spader say "All flesh is imperfect...Earth must be purged of human weakness!"

Ultron's outer casing is adamantium, ain't it?

Love it! Spader is an awesome actor and he has the perfect voice for Ultron: intelligent and a bit of know-it-all personality. Doesn't mean that it was Jarvis gone bad , though.

I hope Spader doesn't demand screen time as himself. He might sound suitable for Ultron but physically he would be too out of shape. Besides, why would Ultron want to take on human form when he hates all humans?

So, any specs on what roles Jami Gertz should play in the MCU? Or Andrew McCarthy?

Whedon should just create random roles for them. A:AoU = Less than Zero reunion. :oldrazz:

Jarvis not Ultron guys lol

Gertz can be Morgan LeFeye and Mcarthy can be Thanos.

I will now let the scorn of the internet consume me. :p

I just hope Spader will be happy to just be the voice of Ultron so they wont go changing the character to an android just to get Spader "face time" for the camera!! :cmad:

I already read that this Ultron will not be as powerful (Whatever that means).

Cap cant seem to keep his mask on.....neither can any of the Spiderman actors........and they had to find a reason for Chiklis to not be the Thing for moments.

Seems James Earl Jones was the only actor who didn't NEED to be seen in order to make a character work.

This is awesome. I can only imagine how that pitch meeting went:

"Hey James, we need you to become a indestructible, genocidal robot killing machine."

"I'm in!"

"It's for the next Avengers movie."

"It's for a movie?" **pauses for thought** "Alright, still in."

I just hope Spader will be happy to just be the voice of Ultron so they wont go changing the character to an android just to get Spader "face time" for the camera!! :cmad:

I already read that this Ultron will not be as powerful (Whatever that means).

Cap cant seem to keep his mask on.....neither can any of the Spiderman actors........and they had to find a reason for Chiklis to not be the Thing for moments.

Seems James Earl Jones was the only actor who didn't NEED to be seen in order to make a character work.

I agree. I want Spader to go the JEJ or Bettany route. Like I said, Spader isn't really in shape for Ultron, and why would Ultron choose an out-of-shape human form if he were to do that?

i seriously doubt we'll be seeing an android ultron
he'll do the voice, and quite possibly the mocap

Spader's not such a huge name that he needs face time, i'm sure he's okay with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"