Age of Ultron No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. They may have to change it to Vibranium.

Joss mentioned that ULTRON would have at least one upgrade during the course of the film. My guess is that his ultimate form will be Uru. Per the Avengers prequel comics the Destroyer armor is being held at SHIELD labs, just waiting to be inhabited by a genocidal artificial intelligence.

Well for the record, Jarvis could just change his voice module guys.

But then, why shell out the big bucks to hire another star with a busy schedule to play the same role as Bettany, when you've already got Bettany? It'd be a helluva lot cheaper, simpler, and more logical (both in front of the camera and behind the camera) to just keep Bettany and modulate *his* voice if they were going to go the "Jarvis is Ultron" route.

And for that, I think it's a very safe bet that Jarvis *isn't* Ultron.

But then, why shell out the big bucks to hire another star with a busy schedule to play the same role as Bettany, when you've already got Bettany? It'd be a helluva lot cheaper, simpler, and more logical (both in front of the camera and behind the camera) to just keep Bettany and modulate *his* voice if they were going to go the "Jarvis is Ultron" route.

I'm wondering if Spader will also be playing Hank Pym.

You know, when I first read the headline I thought of David Spade for some reason. I was like, seriously? No ****ing way. Then I realized who it was. lol

You know, when I first read the headline I thought of David Spade for some reason. I was like, seriously? No ****ing way. Then I realized who it was. lol

Now I'm reading all of Ultron's lines from the book with Spade's voice, thanks a lot.

That could be interesting, although who would play the younger version (if the movie is split into two time periods)

Because Jarvis is not Ultron and it's important that they make that distinction in the film. We don't really know how the emergence of Ultron is going to play out.

Even if Jarvis is somehow corrupted into being Ultron, they need to show that they are two separate characters and by using another actor's voice, that is the best way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what they come up with.

Dear God could Marvel cast any better for their films? This is fantastic news.

Its hilarious to see how different Marvel/DC fans are when it comes to casting news :D

Because of one piece of casting on WB's part? Marvel has done a fantastic casting their movies and so has WB/DC. I don't think I need to go into detail on the fanboy favorites(Bale and Cavill) and the number of Academy Award winning and nominated actors that have populated WB/DC movies over the years.

As much as Joss Whedon hates Hank Pym, I'd seriously doubt it. But it would definitely be an interesting angle and makes sense --- i.e., Ultron created in Hank Pym's image/voice. Don't think it's gonna happen, though. :csad:

This is f***ing awesome! The Spader himself! Best voice I could imagine for Ultron.

Cool casting. All they need to do now is cast Andrew McCarthy and Jamie Gertz.

I'm with the overwhelming majority who think this is an awesome choice. I never would have predicted it, but I'm behind it all the way. Spader's got the perfect voice for Ultron!

I love the fact that (it seems so far) that everyone seems to be on board with this!

Because of one piece of casting on WB's part? Marvel has done a fantastic casting their movies and so has WB/DC. I don't think I need to go into detail on the fanboy favorites(Bale and Cavill) and the number of Academy Award winning and nominated actors that have populated WB/DC movies over the years.

In fairness it's not just one piece of casting. Ryan Reynolds, Megan Fox Kate Bosworth, Brandon Routh. Let's not act like WB/DC have their act together in the film department because they don't. They've yet to make a good film without Nolan's involvement. Which is too bad because I love the New 52.

So, any specs on what roles Jami Gertz should play in the MCU? Or Andrew McCarthy?

Whedon should just create random roles for them. A:AoU = Less than Zero reunion. :oldrazz:

he's similar looking to Scott Lang.

I agree. I want Spader to go the JEJ or Bettany route. Like I said, Spader isn't really in shape for Ultron, and why would Ultron choose an out-of-shape human form if he were to do that?

why would Ultron care about being in shape? :)

I was explaining the character of Ultron to someone and thought about The World's End. Spoilers about the end of that movie.

At the end we find out that some sentient being from space is replacing humans with robots because human beings are too flawed. Thought it was a funny little connection considering Edgar Wright directed it and is directing Ant Man.

I misread it as James Woods at first. That would have been hilarious.

"Well, you know, I mean...humankind, they're inevitably flawed....always with that "free will", hey, who are we kidding, you know what I mean?"

Woods can always be Kang.

Spader isn't really Ultron. He's just a british actor pretending to be Ultron. Jarvis is the real Ultron. :o

Spader isn't really Ultron. He's just a british actor pretending to be Ultron. Jarvis is the real Ultron. :o

James freakin' Caviesel.... Why'd ya hafta bring dat up? Now we're going to go through post after post of back and forth about IM3 and The Mandarin.

Spader gets a lot of luck, just look at the amountof bed and nude scenes he has with hot ladies, and he is creepy as hell!

Good casting!

james Spader being cast In major big budget hollywood film Is great news but how is this going to work.Ultron doesn't have a human looking appearance.

Is ultron being changed to human looking android,which fills me with Iron Man 3 nightmares,or Is he doing voice of CGI Ultron,and performing motion capture?

So... it's just voice casting right?

or will we get some Zordon type shi....

MMPR_Zordon.jpg

^^^Best Spader as Ultron comments so far. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"