"No, Thank You..." - The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread!

The_Manhunter

Zack Snyder & MCU Fan
Reaction score
What do you all want to see from Loki and Hiddleston in this go around?!?!?

Last edited:
Since we know Loki will survive Ragnorak I at least want him to be shown driven from Asgard or whats left of it in total fear for his life.
I want no more compassion shown from Thor..

Since we know Loki will survive Ragnorak I at least want him to be shown driven from Asgard or whats left of it in total fear for his life.
I want no more compassion shown from Thor..
I looked, but I couldn't find anything official saying he is in movies after that. Did I miss anything?

Since I first saw Hiddleston as Loki I knew he reminded me of someone, but I couldn't find out who.
The other day I realized who he reminds me of:
gunther.jpg

Gunther from Jane and The Dragon.
Most corny show I ever actually watched, mainly to make fun of tbh. However, the kid had the same attitude as well as a similar movement as Tom does with Loki, he even looks kinda like him

Anyone else ever heard of that show?

hahaha yeah I remember than show. YES he does look like Gunther. :D

Since I first saw Hiddleston as Loki I knew he reminded me of someone, but I couldn't find out who.
The other day I realized who he reminds me of:
gunther.jpg

Gunther from Jane and The Dragon.
Most corny show I ever actually watched, mainly to make fun of tbh. However, the kid had the same attitude as well as a similar movement as Tom does with Loki, he even looks kinda like him

Anyone else ever heard of that show?

I hadn't heard of the show so I looked it up on Wikipedia and they had this blurb about Gunther:

"For example, in the episode 'Knight Light', Dragon inadvertently reveals Jane's fear of the dark. When Gunther finds out, Jane reminds Gunther that it is against the Code to reveal a weakness of a fellow knight. Gunther then asks Sir Ivon about having the maze test at night, without explicitly mentioning Jane's fear of the dark, thus exploiting Jane's weakness without directly violating the Knight's Code of Honor."

Sounds like an a**hat Loki move LOL.

Good eye. :)

Who knows, maybe Loki does think that the people require a “sense of continuity” as he said his first time on the throne, and has been keeping streets clean, trains running, y’know business as usual :p

On another note, though it’s not what I’d prefer, I suspect that, after that failed “redemption arc” in TDW, Loki will be going the full villain route from this point on. I won’t ever get to see Thor and Loki properly reunite and make up, because that final deception of Loki taking the throne as Odin is probably the end of their relationship. Which is a shame, because their relationship, and Loki’s potential for moral ambiguity, were always my favorite aspects of MCU Thor.

Would it not depend on how Asgard is doing under Loki/Odin's rule?

I mean, if it's a hellhole, then yes, I can see Thor being very unhappy. But if it's doing well, it would just reinforce what Thor said to "Odin" before he left for Earth, that Loki understood how to rule better than Thor ever could.

Loki is a genius after all. I would hope that would mean he's not a complete a-hole to Asgardians. But who knows. He wasn't such a great leader in the first Thor movie :funny:

Would it not depend on how Asgard is doing under Loki/Odin's rule?

I mean, if it's a hellhole, then yes, I can see Thor being very unhappy. But if it's doing well, it would just reinforce what Thor said to "Odin" before he left for Earth, that Loki understood how to rule better than Thor ever could.

Loki is a genius after all. I would hope that would mean he's not a complete a-hole to Asgardians. But who knows. He wasn't such a great leader in the first Thor movie :funny:

Loki didn't get chance to do much ruling in the first movie. A deleted scene shows that Frigga appointed him king whilst Odin was in Odinsleep. Loki first order of business was to destroy jotunheim because he was still reeling from the revelation that he was actually a Frost giant and that he'd been lied to his entire life. He intended to leave Thor on Earth so Thor wouldn't get in the way (or potentially take the crown from Loki). It's only when Sif and the Warrior three went down to Earth to retrieve Thor that Loki sent the destroyer. Who knows how Loki would've ruled if he'd actually had the chance.

Having read the actual source article (I do hope Hiddleston is the next Bond)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/29/tom-hiddleston-on-his-bond-moment-in-the-night-manager-finale-and-loki-s-future.html

it's not definite that Thor: Ragnarok will be Loki's last.

In all honesty, it would be a stupid decision not to have Loki in Infinity War for the primary reason that Loki is the only person that the avengers know that got his hands on an infinity stone, technically two counting his sceptre and the tesseract. They're going to want to know where he got them and who he got them from. With Thanos looming, the avengers are going to want to know what exactly Loki knows. Their dilemma is going to be can they trust Loki or is he leading them into a trap.

My guess is when he says that it's his last time out of the gate it probably simply means it's the last film on his current contract and it hasn't been decided yet (by either party) whether he'll sign a new one yet - hence his later 'I don't know!'.

My guess is when he says that it's his last time out of the gate it probably simply means it's the last film on his current contract and it hasn't been decided yet (by either party) whether he'll sign a new one yet - hence his later 'I don't know!'.

I agree. They normally do a set number of films on one contract then renegotiate if they need the actor for more. They'll need to get a script in place first so that they'd know who they need and who they don't, but as I said above, they'd be foolish not to include Loki in infinity war.

In all honesty, it would be a stupid decision not to have Loki in Infinity War for the primary reason that Loki is the only person that the avengers know that got his hands on an infinity stone, technically two counting his sceptre and the tesseract. They're going to want to know where he got them and who he got them from. With Thanos looming, the avengers are going to want to know what exactly Loki knows. Their dilemma is going to be can they trust Loki or is he leading them into a trap.

I agree. They normally do a set number of films on one contract then renegotiate if they need the actor for more. They'll need to get a script in place first so that they'd know who they need and who they don't, but as I said above, they'd be foolish not to include Loki in infinity war.

I never thought about that before, but you made a really good point. Loki is the only one who knows anything about Thanos (at this point in the MCU) so it would make sense that the Avengers would need his input at some point or another.

I was thinking that he might die in Ragnarok, but then that would be the third Thor movie that Loki has "died" in and it would be boring.

Would be pretty amazing

They should both do their Alan Rickman impersonations too, only fitting in a magic battle

I wonder if Hela (given Blanchett's age) will end up being Loki's daughter in the continuity?

I think Loki will survive Ragnarok to take Mephisto's role from the infinity gaunlet comic in the movies. It seems a natural fit.

My guess is Hela will be Loki's mother in this incarnation since I can't imagine her being his daughter.

I think Loki will survive Ragnarok to take Mephisto's role from the infinity gaunlet comic in the movies. It seems a natural fit.

Loki surviving in one piece will be enough for me.

My guess is Hela will be Loki's mother in this incarnation since I can't imagine her being his daughter.

I think this could be really interesting if they did go that route because it would highlight the fact that, despite not being biologically related, Frigga was Loki's "real" mother.

I don't think Loki and Hela will be related because Loki is a Frost Giant.

I also expect Loki to show up alongside Thanos possibly joining him in Ragnarok or the name-changed Infinity War pt 1 movie. Either Loki delivers the Tesseract to Thanos or, preferably, Thanos comes and wrecks Asgard on his quest and grabs Loki to put him to work.

I don't think Loki and Hela will be related because Loki is a Frost Giant.

I also expect Loki to show up alongside Thanos possibly joining him in Ragnarok or the name-changed Infinity War pt 1 movie. Either Loki delivers the Tesseract to Thanos or, preferably, Thanos comes and wrecks Asgard on his quest and grabs Loki to put him to work.

I think Thanos will come to Asgard, Loki will give him the tesseract "as promised", Thanos will smile then leave knowing that Ragnarok is on its way for Asgard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"