No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Yeah, part of the interest in the series for me is in comparing the films, so things that are familiar but also their own take like that are cool.

I think maybe they messed with the gun barrel because everything up through Skyfall was still kind of background. Introducing Q partway through, no Moneypenny per se until the end, no M's office until the end. That would suggest that they'll play it straight now.

Apparently the original intention was to have the gun barrel at the start of Skyfall, but it didn’t jive with the opening shot of Bond emerging from the shadows, so they moved it to the end.

A touch of serendipity, then. If they do put it at the beginning this time, it can be interpreted like it means something.

It is the same for me. Just with you know...

DaYx3ks.png

Why are the start of the lyrics for American Pie appearing on theatre screens?

On a Bond-related note, having just finally seen Spectre...thought it was good, but the only thing I didn't like about the big 'twist' tying everything together is I feel it makes Skyfall's stakes feel less personal. Silva's vendetta with M felt more personal compared to other villains, but the reveal of him in particular just being part of Spectre makes that vendetta feel not as personable.

If EON wanted to have a surprise twist that revealed someone as Blofeld, the time to do it would not have been in Spectre. It would've been in another film like Skyfall or one of the other ones. And then once all had been revealed, Spectre would be the one where Bond is now going after the evil organisation that has shown its cards.

I saw Spectre in streaming the other day. Really enjoyed as I could skip and fast forward through the crappy bits. Didn't feel miserable by being forced to sit through them like in the theater.

So you didn't see Spectre, just bits and pieces of it.

Or a chance for the new actor to be found and writers get to work.

At least we'll get 7 more months of random promo material of Ana...

By then people will be expecting her to be the main Bond girl and will be disappointed by her cameo.

Or a chance for the new actor to be found and writers get to work.

If they find a new Bond, they can include a regeneration scene at the end of the movie.

That black dress doesn't look like it would hold very well.

yeah that pretty much is clenching it right there. That is not a bad consolation for not playing the Bat anymore.

So with March break off and social distancing in effect, I'm taking the opportunity to re-read the old Fleming novels while drinking Vespers with a fluffy cat on my lap.

By then people will be expecting her to be the main Bond girl and will be disappointed by her cameo.

If they find a new Bond, they can include a regeneration scene at the end of the movie.

You know what, that reminds me - the way the latest tv series is going, I am all for the bac just producing a cinematic style universe where they join forces with Netflix or who ever and start a new Who-verse with specials, rather than this way - it needs a reboot, a change up.

But back to Bond, I have not followed production for this one at all.. who is this gorgeous lady? Please not another love interest.

and damn, Ben has done well....

They can pull a Maud Adams and have her be in the reboot, provided they go with a reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"