No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Imagine if Daniel Craig quit during this film and had to be replaced by a new actor. That would definitely make the behind the scenes fascinating.

Certainly would be. I reckon Rpatz would probably be calling his agent right away

Moneypenny- Okay we’ve landed in 1967. Blofelds lair should be just up that hill.

*Bond and moneypenny see past James Bond with Japanese features. *

Moneypenny- I think you should act like a Japanese person

Bond- its a little gratuitous but whatever

Just saw that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is doing a script rewrite for this.

I need a scene where Bond is banging some woman and she turns to the camera and describes how disappointing the whole experience is.

I really hope Bond 25 can capture the essence of CR and QoS. SF and SP were huge disappointments especially the latter.

Is that sight even reliable? And two accidents doesn't mean things are going poorly. If you get to three, say there's a giant storm or disaster that pushes back filming or something or other then we'll talk.

You guys are talking about this as if it's Apocalypse Now.

IF true I grant you, but if true, having your two main leads not able to film up against each other is quite an issue then yes, there are problems afoot, we haven't quite reached Sheen heart attack or Brando levels of 'not coming out to play' levels yet, I grant you.

How can the lead and the main villain not be scheduled to shoot together? :huh:

Supposedly because of Craig's accident that put them behind an already tight schedule. Don't know if it's true but Malek does currently film Mr Robot as well.

Just recast Malek's role or delay the film. Malek's a pretty good actor but he isnt necessary and frankly I never liked having him going up against Craig's Bond.

Just recast Malek's role or delay the film. Malek's a pretty good actor but he isnt necessary and frankly I never liked having him going up against Craig's Bond.

Just bring in Sacha Baron Cohen...

If it’s true, which I doubt given the Sun being a rag, they’ll work it out. Mission Impossible Fallout had a lot of similar things happen, often to a worse degree, and that film still happened.

He looks too young and lightweight against Craig anyway, and therefore lacks in gravitas. It would be different if this were a new and younger Bond starting his run. For Craig, he needs an older villain to match wits and seem like he has more life experience.

He looks too young and lightweight against Craig anyway, and therefore lacks in gravitas. It would be different if this were a new and younger Bond starting his run. For Craig, he needs an older villain to match wits and seem like he has more life experience.

That's my issue with him. I can't take him seriously as a physical foe for this Bond. And if Malek is just a tech threat then it's just more of what we got from Silva and Blofeld.

That being said, I think he could be interesting as a bioterrorist that uses deadly viruses as his weapon of choice. We havent seen Craig's Bond face anything like that, and it would make Malek's villain a legitimate physical and intellectual threat.

That's my issue with him. I can't take him seriously as a physical foe for this Bond. And if Malek is just a tech threat then it's just more of what we got from Silva and Blofeld.

That being said, I think he could be interesting as a bioterrorist that uses deadly viruses as his weapon of choice. We havent seen Craig's Bond face anything like that, and it would make Malek's villain a legitimate physical and intellectual threat.

He might've worked against Pierce Brosnan, who had trouble against the likes of Robert Carlyle who was smaller. Craig ought to wipe the floor with Malek though.

I remember in YOLT when Connery was fighting some villain and picking up a sofa to use as a battering ram against him. Brosnan got smaller foes by comparison, and would probably have to resort to picking up the sofa cushions instead. :o

Craig hasn’t really physically fought his villains outside of Greene. Le Chiffre, Silva, Blofeld, they were psychological challenges moreso than physical...which to be fair, is perfectly valid for Bond villains.

We don't know in what capacity Malek's character may or may not be a physical threat. Yes, he's a smaller guy compared to Craig but size has no concrete bearing on the outcome of a fight. Skill and technique trumps size and power. In any case I'm sure the production will sort itself out and things will continue to crack on. I just want this film to be amazing and adventurous and to have the atmospheric wonderment of the Bond films of yesteryear and the visceral action of Craig's first 2 Bond films.

Taken yesterday:

D8uFta0XYAEG5PE.jpg

14610742-7125175-image-m-47_1560189857772.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back