No Way Home or The Flash?

Spider-Man will feature Spider-men fighting Spider-man villains, Flashpoint will yet again feature Batman as the crutch WB can’t stop leaning on.

Even without that great trailer it’s No Way Home for me, easily.
It hurts how right this post is, cause every comment says; "I want to watch Flash because Batman Returns, again."

It hurts how right this post is, cause every comment says; "I want to watch Flash because Batman Returns, again."

Pretty much this. Like I said in an earlier post, at least the gimmick guest stars in NWH are still Spider-man, or Spider-man villains. This by contrast is a Flash movie in which neither the creators nor the audience have the slightest interest in. . . the Flash. The only reason the creators are making one at all is to use a cursed movie project to do franchise maintenance, which is a terrible reason to make a movie.

( So why make the movie at all? I suspect its a mix of "We have contracts with people and so have to make something" and "Important execs would lose face if the successful and popular TV character didn't get a movie version". )

Pretty much this. Like I said in an earlier post, at least the gimmick guest stars in NWH are still Spider-man, or Spider-man villains. This by contrast is a Flash movie in which neither the creators nor the audience have the slightest interest in. . . the Flash. The only reason the creators are making one at all is to use a cursed movie project to do franchise maintenance, which is a terrible reason to make a movie.

( So why make the movie at all? I suspect its a mix of "We have contracts with people and so have to make something" and "Important execs would lose face if the successful and popular TV character didn't get a movie version". )

They could've made it like Days of Future Past where it was Wolverine who went back in time instead of Kitty Pryde. So here it could be Batman instead of Flash having his Batpoint and resetting things. Then there would be no need for Ezra Miller's Flash at all.

I wonder how much of a draw Keaton's return will be to younger audiences; I'm sure some of them know his Batman, but it's really a thing for us fans and parents riding the nostalgia train. Bale returning would have been more of a thing for the youngsters (not that I think that would have ever happened). So yes, as others have said, I can easily see NWH doing better at the box office.

I wonder how much of a draw Keaton's return will be to younger audiences; I'm sure some of them know his Batman, but it's really a thing for us fans and parents riding the nostalgia train. Bale returning would have been more of a thing for the youngsters (not that I think that would have ever happened). So yes, as others have said, I can easily see NWH doing better at the box office.

They've got Affleck returning for the younger audiences. :o

In hindsight, the best move probably would’ve been to make that David Goyer/Ryan Reynolds The Flash movie that was announced back in 2004. Flash really deserved a true solo movie, but I’m still excited for this. I would’ve preferred a solo Flash movie and bring back Keaton in Beyond or Kingdom Come.

In hindsight, the best move probably would’ve been to make that David Goyer/Ryan Reynolds The Flash movie that was announced back in 2004. Flash really deserved a true solo movie, but I’m still excited for this. I would’ve preferred a solo Flash movie and bring back Keaton in Beyond or Kingdom Come.
I'm still curious as to exactly where they'll take Keaton's Batman from here.

And there's nothing wrong with that.
Given current circumstances, you're probably right.

I wonder how much of a draw Keaton's return will be to younger audiences; I'm sure some of them know his Batman, but it's really a thing for us fans and parents riding the nostalgia train.
There are those who know him, but now that you mention that I'd sure love to hear about the kids expressing their surprise in seeing Vulture as an old Batman.

Flash really deserved a true solo movie, but I’m still excited for this. I would’ve preferred a solo Flash movie and bring back Keaton in Beyond or Kingdom Come.
I agree with this.

My take on it is… hey at least we have solo Flash in the two shows that we have gotten. That’s pretty damn good. The Flash (2014) devolved into complete nonsense but the first two seasons are a lot of fun.

Maybe the Flash will disappear in a Crisis and that will happen right at the beginning of the movie off screen so we won't even have to see Miller.

People act like Gustin isn’t good enough to be Flash in the movies, but then Miller turns in one of the worst superhero performances of all time in the theatrical cut of JL (I liked him in ZSJL).

Gadot and Momoa won’t be winning any Oscars any time soon. Yeah I’ve seen ‘we need to talk about Kevin’. Miller is pretty good in that but he also plays Creedence in those Harry Potter spin-offs…. Not good. And then his role in The Stand… idk. I’m not his biggest fan.

Meanwhile Gustin is consistently lovable as Barry Allen in the show. Even though the show has gone off the rails, he is constantly solid. He deserved to be the big screen Flash. And they could have easily positioned the show as a DCEU project with a little foresight. Would’ve been a multi platform DCEU back in 2014

Can’t speak to Miller’s talent (or lack thereof) but Gustin, who I thinkn is a pretty decent actor, does not have the skill to lead a major blockbuster.

Hopefully like the beer, this film will be

th

:o

Can’t speak to Miller’s talent (or lack thereof) but Gustin, who I thinkn is a pretty decent actor, does not have the skill to lead a major blockbuster.
Miller doesn't either, really. He's mostly been in ensemble stuff and that's not going to change much with the Batfamily in Flash.

Perhaps not. We’ll see. I don’t have a horse in that race. I’m only here for Keaton. :oldrazz:
Me too. I think most people are who are looking forward to this movie. But I'm also here for Affleck's Batman too. Snyder got plenty of things wrong with the character in BvS but I still like Affleck's portrayal and overall look as the character.

Me too. I think most people are who are looking forward to this movie. But I'm also here for Affleck's Batman too. Snyder got plenty of things wrong with the character in BvS but I still like Affleck's portrayal and overall look as the character.

I personally didn’t think Affleck was that great, but he had a great look for the character and probably could’ve improved if the foundation hadn’t been so weak and he’d been allowed to make his own movies from the jump. I don’t quite view him as a missed opportunity, because he just isn’t that strong of an actor in the first place, but he could’ve been a decent Batman - just a bit under Keaton and Bale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"