No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Arachnerd, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

As I've brought up in the main discussion thread, I figured it would be a good idea to create a thread where we can discuss pretty much every possible NWH rumor or leak without the fear of potentially spoiling anyone just keeping up with official developments, in case some of these end up being verified; such as Reddit user's SpideyForever245's recent plot summary, ViewerAnon claiming that their recent leak matches what he's heard of the movie (as well as revealing that Willem Dafoe is coming back as Green Goblin and playing the main villain of the movie), among many others that haven't been debunked yet or don't originate from 4chan.

For example, here's one that I've kept bookmarked for a while that could still be true (not linking it directly because it's got a little profanity in it, so I'll just have to quote it):

#1 Arachnerd, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Nardz937 likes this.
  2. Toomes' Phone Registered

Ordinarly I'd be kinda pissed that Green Goblin is the central antagonist in yet another Spider-Man film. But the fact that Dafoe is back makes me incredibly hyped. I'm glad that it appears that Harry Osborn isn't returning alongside him, I'm kinda sick of the character tbh.

Spidey_62 likes this.
  3. Yellow Cyclone Pessimist

harry should stay dead with gwen as peter's greatest failures

Scarlet Spider and Arachnerd like this.
  4. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Willem Dafoe coming back to play Goblin would bring things full circle to the beginnings of the Spider-Man movie franchise, and I find it poetic that the first villain to kick it off ends up being the main one for a live-action Spider-Verse movie.

Anyway, to those who haven't read or want to read the previously mentioned NWH leak from SpideyForever245, here you go:

None of this is confirmed obviously, but with both AjepArt and ViewerAnon seemingly corroborating its alleged legitimacy, not to mention someone pointing out that Tony's arc reactor pops up on the board of NWH's promo, it seems like we could have a non-detailed summary of the movie on our hands.

Toomes' Phone likes this.
  5. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

It's hard to not be excited if Dafoe is truly gonna be side by side with Molina. The original Green Goblin and Doc Ock together on-screen. That's something I dreamed of seeing as a kid but didn't think would ever be possible.

:gg::otto:

SpeterMan3, Nardz937 and Arachnerd like this.
  6. Toomes' Phone Registered

It's really happening, boys. It's all really happening.

7. The Duh Registered

Going by the assumption that it is all true, I'm honestly wondering what exactly is the extent of Dr Strange playing a mentor role to MCU Spidey. The plot leaks so far make it sound like Strange is primarily there to facilitate the multiverse aspect of the movie, and any sort of mentorship/guidance would more likely come from Maguire/Garfield Spidey.

Nardz937 likes this.
  8. GuestStar2004 Registered

Well the mentor usually pop in and out of the film anyway. i imagine Dr Strange will appear a couple of times. after all someone has to yell at peter for what he did if the leaks are true.

9. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Presumably, No Way Home will have an element of the Spider-Man: Happy Birthday arc from the comics being adapted so it could also point to how Strange fits in. It could be how MCU Peter meets Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's Spider-Men, and we could get some backstory on him and have them directly address Uncle Ben for the first time.

I don't think we should take THR's comment of Strange being a mentor too literally.

Spidey_62 and Nardz937 like this.
  10. Toomes' Phone Registered

From the leak it sounds like there's definitely more than three villains in this. Idk if that means it's all old villains or new ones or a combination of the two, but it lends credibility to reports that actors like Thomas Haden Church could be returning.

11. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

We have Jamie Foxx's Electro and Alfred Molina's Doc Ock confirmed, with Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin to be announced sooner or later.

Even if those three end up being the only ones in the movie, that's still a pretty sweet roster of villains. Plus it would make the fight even with three Spider-Men against three antagonists.

12. Toomes' Phone Registered

It's a little odd that we're getting two Raimi villains and one Webb one instead of one villain for each Spidey, e.g. Tobey = Ock, Andrew = Electro, Tom = Vulture, but this works too. I can easily see a Sinister Six mid-credits tease with all the villains in prison.

13. Scarlet Spider Registered

Let's assume the spiderforever245 leak is true. Who do you guys think the major death is? Who does the Goblin kill?

:hmm

14. The Duh Registered

Happy, so that the cycle is complete. MCU Spidey...

-Can't have his actual father as a father figure
    -Can't have Uncle Ben as a father figure
    -Can't have Tony Stark as a father figure
    -Can't have Happy as a father figure

15. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Happy could be the most obvious choice. Though, taking into account Peter's reaction in the leak, I think it's someone much closer to him, so maybe Ned or Michelle. I don't believe either of the Spider-Men dying would warrant such a reaction from him even if they have previous interactions.

I've seen Aunt May suggested online as well and that would be absolutely devastating for Peter. I could definitely see him nearly killing Goblin over losing the only other parental figure he has left.

16. Toomes' Phone Registered

This leads back to one of my only major quibbles with the Watts films: Peter's relationship with Tony took up so much space at the expense of really focusing on his bonds with MJ, Ned, and May. I'm sure if one of those three are killed they can find a way to make it suitably emotional and affecting, but I'm not sure if it'd feel entirely earned. Harry's death in SM3 felt earned because we spent so much time with him and Peter as friends. And as much crap as I give the Webb films, the natural chemistry between Peter and Gwen allowed her death in TASM2 to have some impact, as poorly executed as everything surrounding it was.

Arachnerd likes this.
  17. Schlosser85 Registered

My guess offhand would be Ned.

Toomes' Phone likes this.
  18. Toomes' Phone Registered

Out of all of Peter's supporting cast, I feel his death would sting the most.

19. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Well I certainly wouldn't cry.

20. Schlosser85 Registered

I don't think anyone cares about Ned very much, but it'd make sense narrative-wise.

Arachnerd and Nardz937 like this.
  21. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

My best guess would be Michelle because there was an alleged leak that said.....I don't need to spoiler tag in this thread, huh? That this is Zendaya's last movie and the love interest for the next College trilogy will be The Black Cat.

Also there's been a few reports that Ned turns bad so I can see him getting killed by putting himself in a fight. He tries to redeem himself saving Peter or somebody.

But I can see one of them being killed as a message to Peter that this is what can happen to your loved ones for not protecting your secret identity.

#21 Nardz937, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  22. Toomes' Phone Registered

Honestly I think Happy would make the most sense. Especially if that part of the leak regarding the villains wanting pieces of Stark tech is true. Maybe the Green Goblin attempts to force Happy to hand it all over and kills him when he refuses? Peter losing yet another father figure would devastate him.

23. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Killing off Favreau would be one that gets a reaction out of me, probably. He's been one of the faces in the MCU since day one.

24. Schlosser85 Registered

Yea I’d care more about Happy dying than Ned or Michelle.

25. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Yeah... still hoping that stupid Hobgoblin rumor doesn't materialize. I could not take Ned as that character in any way seriously. Just... no. :dry:

Gamora2020 and Schlosser85 like this.