No Way Home No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Concept Art:
f0qb1svnemr41.jpg

The suit:
yk92ky1lcrh51.jpg

Cgi:
media.jpg

I love Tom and really like HC and FFH, but my god do I HATE his suit and the way it looks in these new films..... That last picture legitimately makes me physically angry, lol. Like, that pic of Tom right above it in the suit, looks INFINITELY better than that abomination underneath it lol. I know I obviously sound hyperbolic, but it really is that bad to me lol. Even his physique looks worse in the CG final form. Especially the shoulders

2nd to last pic -- THAT'S Spider-man

Last pic -- that's unfortunately dogs*t, and video game crap lol. It just frustrates me so much because it's so unnecessary, and imo seriously almost ruins otherwise solid movies

I love Tom and really like HC and FFH, but my god do I HATE his suit and the way it looks in these new films..... That last picture legitimately makes me physically angry, lol. Like, that pic of Tom right above it in the suit, looks INFINITELY better than that abomination underneath it lol. I know I obviously sound hyperbolic, but it really is that bad to me lol. Even his physique looks worse in the CG final form. Especially the shoulders

2nd to last pic -- THAT'S Spider-man

Last pic -- that's unfortunately dogs*t, and video game crap lol. It just frustrates me so much because it's so unnecessary, and imo seriously almost ruins otherwise solid movies
It's especially baffling in Far From Home and Homecoming, the CG suits in those films aren't even a different design from the practical one, so why waste money CG'ing the suit in shots where the suit doesn't need any CGI?

It also reminds me of how they mangled this amazing shot of T'Challa in the Black Panther teaser in the actual film. Just why? How can anyone look at the second shot and seriously think it's an improvement?
8iIrrCd.jpg

bLYVKzj.jpg

Last edited:
The unnecessary use of CGI has been the most difficult thing for me to come to terms with this new series. There's no good reason for Spider-Man's costume to be CGI'd during simply choreographed scenes. It's quite distracting and takes away from the designers' incredible work.

The unnecessary use of CGI has been the most difficult thing for me to come to terms with this new series. There's no good reason for Spider-Man's costume to be CGI'd during simply choreographed scenes. It's quite distracting and takes away from the designers' incredible work.
it happened a lot with the older movies too yeah?

I think it was all CGI till he splashed. but tbh I liked the CGI look there.

I think its a case of CGI was used when it was needed. now its just used for the sake of using CGI.

Personally i ain't one of these people that dislike CGI. i can look past CGI. I don't judge by quality of CGI unless its really bad. but often its not that bad. its good enough.

I don't really care about cg and I try to be empathetic to the fact that it's a grind. Even great VFX houses will suffer under a small budget or condensed time frame. So long as it isn't some egregious sorta thing, I'm less concerned with aesthetics than I am with usage.

In the case of this Spidey series, the cg suit has been distracting. Like he will just be standing there, looking weightless. And I don't really get why they make the choice to use cg there. But that's more on the director than the VFX house.

I liked that shot of Spidey climbing up the Washington Monument in the Homecoming trailer a lot but then in the movie it was replaced by a ****ing CGI Spidey climbing that didn't look as good at all. Boggles my mind.

I liked that shot of Spidey climbing up the Washington Monument in the Homecoming trailer a lot but then in the movie it was replaced by a ****ing CGI Spidey climbing that didn't look as good at all. Boggles my mind.

Exactly. So much, if not nearly all of the shots/scenes of Spider-man are CGI, whether it's even remotely necessary or not. There's so many instances where they have the practical suit and action filmed with Tom or a stunt double, and it looks great. And then they CG over top of it. It's not like they're using CG to create Spider-man completely out of nowhere

It's just a really, really weird choice to me, and I don't think I'd ever be able to understand why they do it. And I only gripe about it so much because I really like these movies, but I never feel like I'm actually witnessing/watching Spider-man -- which is the primary fun of Spider-man or CB movies, imo -- just something animated. And it's saddens me :/ lol

With shots like that I wonder if maybe they tried doing it practically and it just wasn't looking right. Raimi is much smarter about CGI than Watts so I imagine there must have been a good reason this shot wasn't practical. As for the CG looking better in SM2, I imagine that's about the cinematography and lighting, I have a hard time imagining the actual model is better in SM2, I think Raimi's lighting simply hides the flaws better.

I don't really care about cg and I try to be empathetic to the fact that it's a grind. Even great VFX houses will suffer under a small budget or condensed time frame. So long as it isn't some egregious sorta thing, I'm less concerned with aesthetics than I am with usage.

In the case of this Spidey series, the cg suit has been distracting. Like he will just be standing there, looking weightless. And I don't really get why they make the choice to use cg there. But that's more on the director than the VFX house.
That it's a huge grind to have so many CG shots is part of what frustrates me about it, that it looks worse just makes it insulting to boot. The vfx artists already have a huge mountain of work ahead of them purely because of the type of film this is, there's no need to add a whole bunch of pointless CG shots of Spidey just standing around where the goal is what? To replace the non-CG suit with an identical CG suit? It's a waste of time and resources and the result is worse. And those shots are generally in softly lit scenes, which makes matching the lighting to the original incredibly difficult because the tiniest imperfections will be fully visible and can kill the illusion instantly.

Last edited:
I literally never noticed any of the CGI you guys are talking about, so I guess I'm just glad my subconscious mind isn't as picky as yours about what it detects as real. And I'm guessing the reason the decision to use CGI was made is because the people making that decision have similarly lax realness-detection-abilities, or at least they expect most of the audience to.

I literally never noticed any of the CGI you guys are talking about, so I guess I'm just glad my subconscious mind isn't as picky as yours about what it detects as real. And I'm guessing the reason the decision to use CGI was made is because the people making that decision have similarly lax realness-detection-abilities, or at least they expect most of the audience to.

Maybe that's because it's just used the entire film (or close to 100%), so there aren't a lot of real suit/practical effects to compare it with

And seriously not trying to be a smart*ss, but did you grow up with either Tobey or Andrew's movies? I could just understand younger people maybe not caring as much about Tom's costume if they weren't brought up on the earlier films that featured a real life suit a lot more, and didn't see such a huge step backwards, CG/Suit wise, from the 2 past franchises to the current one.

But either way that's great it doesn't bother you or that you don't even notice it :up: Don't get me wrong, I still love Tom and I still really like the new films. The suit just really upsets me, because it (meaninglessly) takes away such a fun, imo fundamental part of the enjoyment of watching a Spider-man movie... namely, seeing what Spidey would actually look like in real life, ha

Maybe that's because it's just used the entire film (or close to 100%), so there aren't a lot of real suit/practical effects to compare it with

And seriously not trying to be a smart*ss, but did you grow up with either Tobey or Andrew's movies? I could just understand younger people maybe not caring as much about Tom's costume if they weren't brought up on the earlier films that featured a real life suit a lot more, and didn't see such a huge step backwards, CG/Suit wise, from the 2 past franchises to the current one.

But either way that's great it doesn't bother you or that you don't even notice it :up: Don't get me wrong, I still love Tom and I still really like the new films. The suit just really upsets me, because it (meaninglessly) takes away such a fun, imo fundamental part of the enjoyment of watching a Spider-man movie... namely, seeing what Spidey would actually look like in real life, ha

I grew up with Tobey. I mostly skipped Andrew (watched the first one once on TV and never saw the second) though.

I guess I've just never been super sensitive to CGI unless it's a human face or just really, really bad. Though thinking back on it now I do remember noticing when certain scenes in the Tobey movies would transition from real to CGI (though it still didn't bother me). Not so much because the CGI looked fake to me, but because the CGI looked more "perfect" while the real scenes had more flaws (flaws in terms of how much less fluidly Peter moved, how much less precisely he interacted with his environment, or how his costume might be randomly wrinkled or scrunched a bit or whatever other imperfections might crop up here or there) Maybe you're right in that since it's used so much in the MCU there's no contrast that stands out. Maybe that's why they used CGI even in static shots, to avoid that sense of inconsistency when switching from real to CGI and back again?

I grew up with Tobey. I mostly skipped Andrew (watched the first one once on TV and never saw the second) though.

I guess I've just never been super sensitive to CGI unless it's a human face or just really, really bad. Though thinking back on it now I do remember noticing when certain scenes in the Tobey movies would transition from real to CGI (though it still didn't bother me). Not so much because the CGI looked fake to me, but because the CGI looked more "perfect" while the real scenes had more flaws (flaws in terms of how much less fluidly Peter moved, how much less precisely he interacted with his environment, or how his costume might be randomly wrinkled or scrunched a bit or whatever other imperfections might crop up here or there) Maybe you're right in that since it's used so much in the MCU there's no contrast that stands out. Maybe that's why they used CGI even in static shots, to avoid that sense of inconsistency when switching from real to CGI and back again?

Oh ok cool, gotcha :up:

Yeah, I definitely understand you on this. And you may have a good point about why they just choose to almost always use it -- so it's a consistent look throughout all the scenes. That actually would make some sense to me.

I guess just coming from such an amazing practical suit in the original Tobey/Raimi trilogy, and even more so in TASM movies (even though it's widely disliked, I'd highly recommend watching TASM2 sometime. I personally love it, lol, but the freakin action, and Spidey movements/action, and CGI, are out of this world), that seeing a newer Spidey, that just doesn't look as "there" to me (if that makes sense) in the movies, is somewhat disappointing I guess

That cgi looks great. My only problems with the cgi in Raimi movies is that the blue part of the costume changes color sometimes. It looks very dark blue almost grey in the actual costume but brighter blue on the cgi model. It can be seen in some scenes.

Last edited:
even though it's widely disliked, I'd highly recommend watching TASM2 sometime. I personally love it, lol, but the freakin action, and Spidey movements/action, and CGI, are out of this world

I'll definitely be giving Andrew's Spidey a second shot now that we're getting this crossover. Back then I was still super bitter about the reboot so I didn't really give it a fair shake. But now that all three Spidey's are part of the same multiverse, it kinda feels like one big happy family.

I'll definitely be giving Andrew's Spidey a second shot now that we're getting this crossover. Back then I was still super bitter about the reboot so I didn't really give it a fair shake. But now that all three Spidey's are part of the same multiverse, it kinda feels like one big happy family.

I hear ya. I was soo bitter about the reboot too when they announced it. And I remember going into ASM1 so ready and determined to hate it ha. Which is why I was surprised that I ended up loving the TASM films and Andrew's time with the character (still bitter about not getting SM4 tho :mad: lol)

I hear ya. I was soo bitter about the reboot too when they announced it. And I remember going into ASM1 so ready and determined to hate it ha. Which is why I was surprised that I ended up loving the TASM films and Andrew's time with the character (still bitter about not getting SM4 tho :mad: lol)
Similar for me, I was completely ready to write off TASM, I'd heavily disliked the trailers, I wanted SM4 instead, and would've skipped it at the theaters if my friends hadn't wanted to go see it and talked me into going, so glad that I went though, Andrew ended up being my favorite Spidey, and TASM is still my favorite live action Spider-Man film.

Similar for me, I was completely ready to write off TASM, I'd heavily disliked the trailers, I wanted SM4 instead, and would've skipped it at the theaters if my friends hadn't wanted to go see it and talked me into going, so glad that I went though, Andrew ended up being my favorite Spidey, and TASM is still my favorite live action Spider-Man film.

Exactlyy the same as me haha. And I remember I saw TASM2 opening night (with this really cute girl I'd just met, who was a die-hard Spidey fan (freakin unicorn lol)), and I remember coming out thinking it was one of the best CBMs I'd ever seen xD

I've since been taken down a peg by the overwhelming hatred or negative opinion everyone generally has for it lol, but I still adore both TASM1 and 2. Against all odds they became a sort of 1B to my Raimi trilogy's 1A. And now I have TWO Spidey franchises I'm bitter about ending too soon :funny:

I was always supportive of a reboot. As i really wasn't fond of the Raimi series. but i think alot of people tend to struggle with reboots. No one likes to reinvest in another version of a character or characters. people prefer to see the same people be the only version of those characters forever. So people are much more judgement until they either get used to it, or are forced to just accept it.

I think the 3rd reboot of Spider-man for me is when i lost interest abit. But what they are doing with this movie, with bringing the 3 together is probably one of the best things they could have done. it makes you feel like all 3 exist in some connective fashion.

Last edited:
I wanted Spider-Man 4, but I was willing to give the reboot a chance and judge it on its own merits like I do anything else. It was the end product that made me dislike the TASM series, and TASM2 was even worse.

Apparently there's a leaked photo of Lizard and Sandman that was posted on social media earlier but quickly deleted afterwards. Spider-Fan, the guy who leaked those Tobey and Andrew set pics (and video), seems to confirm this so here's hoping it pops up sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"