Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Legion' started by Smilodon, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Well-Known Member

I figured it'd be a good time to create a thread for it now that Marvel has released definitive cast information and announced that production would begin in March.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/25702/dan...in_fx_networks_pilot_for_legion#ixzz3zEGwZ87v

Holy cow, what a group assembled by Hawley. Kinda miffed that it's not part of the X-Men Cinematic Universe now.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

That is some clutch casting! Makes me even more bummed it's not a part of the overall movie universe.

3. ImSGirl95

ImSGirl95 Doreen Green

Surprised that those cast news are announced via Marvel.
    It looks that Marvel are way more involved in those mutant TV shows. Here's a newer interview with Jeph Loeb:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01...rter-shield-spinoff-luke-cage-and-x-men-on-tv

I don't know ... I mean, yeah, they are involving themselves into those two mutant shows, but they will be on Fox-owned channels aired. With those all in various stages of production projects they have for ABC (which is actually Disney-owned channel), I would have assumed they will be more concentrated at them (Most Wanted, Damage Control, second unnamed comedy show, etc ...; not to metion the Netflix shows).
    I expected Marvel to be like: "Ok, fine. Look, you want those shows. Have them! But don't expect anything from us." or something like that ...

4. iacobusleo

iacobusleo Well-Known Member

Really like this casting. But is the series gonna feature completely original characters (aside from Legion, obviously) or are Lenny, Melanie and Syd placeholder names for actual comic book characters, like how there are placeholder names in casting calls to prevent spoilers?

5. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Nice casting. Looking forward to this. Wonder when it will get it's own TV section.

As for the Marvel/Fox partnership, I think Fox will be doing most of the heavy lifting, but Marvel will still be involved.

6. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

Dan Stevens is David?! :hehe:

... and he's haunted.

[YT]IEpZltzkpxI[/YT]

7. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

Heard about Dan Stevens and with Noah writing I'm excited about this.

8. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

F****** Sold!

The Guest was alright, carried most by Stevens's stellar performance.

9. Ryan1210

Ryan1210 Well-Known Member

Great! I think Lenny is Blindfold.

10. Sithborg

A great character to use.

11. Lip

Lip Well-Known Member

Everything about this show sounds interesting. But the fact that is not part of the X-Men Cinematic Universe is a huge disappointment.

Marvel's involvement is also interesting.

12. Smilodon

Bit of a small update with casting, as Jeremie Harris and Amber Midthunder have been added to the cast.

http://screencrush.com/fx-legion-jeremie-harris-ptonomy/
    http://deadline.com/2016/02/legion-amber-midthunder-cast-fx-marvel-pilot-1201707006/

I do hope the success of Deadpool or whatever can convince Hawley or whomever is preventing this thing from joining the X-Men cinematic universe to allow them to integrate it. The Netflix Marvel series do a good job of being self-contained, grounded and gritty stories while still being in the MCU. If Hawley's series doesn't follow the comics to the T, then he wouldn't be the first one either for the X-Men. The casting has me very excited for this project.

Or at the very least, perhaps it'll be like Supergirl in DCTV. An alternate earth that the Flash visits etc.

13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that Legion is set in a modern world where the Mutants are mostly unknown by the masses. Mutants have been common knowledge since the 70's in the film universe.

14. Sithborg

The Netflix MCU shows are barely, barely connected. I see no reason why Legion has to be connected and can't be its own thing. Works for DC.

15. -JKR-

-JKR- Well-Known Member

It's just another take on the X-Men franchise, and that's completely fine. And the cast is great! I'm really looking forward to this.

16. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible it's a separate continuity because of the Marvel involvement. Even Loeb's response about why Legion isn't MCU kind of implies that Marvel would prefer it if it was.

17. Smilodon

It's totally fine to be like DC, it's just that I figured since because the MCU Netflix shows get by with such thin connections to the actual films that it wouldn't be hard to just say it's part of the X-Men Cinematic Universe with a few throwaway lines in the pilot or whatever.

18. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apparently Mutants being mostly secret outside of a portion of the government is part of the plot. Wouldn't work (unless it was between FC and DoFP, and it isn't). I have a suspicion Hellfire might also be set in this alternate continuity (unless it's cancelled, and it did lose every creative to 24...).

19. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Why can't we get a board. X-Men are the step child of this forum we barely get any boards

20. FeedOnATreeFrog

FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Noah Hawley, Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza?! All of a sudden really interested in this. They aint kidding around.

Legion seems like an interesting character too with a unique power. Wonder if they'll be an Xavier in this?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  21. Sithborg

Probably want to wait for it to get beyond the pilot stage. Don't want another Wonder Woman.

22. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

With Noah attached and a brand name like X-Men this project getting past the pilot stage is almost a lock.

23. Sithborg

In an interesting departure, Katie Aselton (The League) joins the cast as David Haller's older sister, Amy.

24. Ryan1210

Ryan1210 Well-Known Member

Hey according to IMDb, Legion has begun shooting. My entertainment world also confirmed the production on March :)

25. Weather Witch

Weather Witch Well-Known Member

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/18/foxs-legion-x-men-tv-show-to-be-heavy-on-the-prosthetics/