Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

Sounds fun. And trippy.

Perfect.

I guess it will be part of contunity with films afterall.agents of shield compession doesn't excite me at all.

Do have any more news available about the potential release date of Legion?*

In his announcement to the Television Critics Association, FX Productions CEO John Landgraf stated, “We’re quite well along. We have a writing staff working. We’ve seen not only the pilot script, but also many episodes. I would anticipate that Legion will go to air sometime in 2016, this year.”*

In the same interview, Landgraf also predicted that the first season would be approximately ten episodes long.

Continue reading: http://waitwith.us/legion-season-1-8605/

Based on Hawley's Instagram, they finished shooting the pilot about 6 weeks ago.

Rule #1: Don't take anything Kinberg says as gospel. Especially since he doesn't exactly have anything to do with this show.

I want the trailer soo badly.

Yeah, I realized that after reading Landgraf's interview about the project and how it directly contradicts what Kinberg says. It's cool that we get it this year though, perhaps something unveiled at SDCC? Fox might air TV stuff there.

Rule #1: Don't take anything Kinberg says as gospel. Especially since he doesn't exactly have anything to do with this show.

I want the trailer soo badly.

he is executive producer along with Singer and Donner.those three are more
relvent than say loeb on this.

but anyway from what the FX people are saying this will be seperate from
films which again lessons my intrest.a whole show on legion? really people.
it seems they keep him as xavier's son but besides legion all the characters
were created for show.It defeats purpose of wanting to expand the X-men
universe.

The concept of Legion is quite ripe for a TV show. I really liked how they used him post Age of X in the comics. If its not your thing fine.

But this sounds like damn fine television, whether or not is is related to the films or not.

he is executive producer along with Singer and Donner.those three are more
relvent than say loeb on this.

but anyway from what the FX people are saying this will be seperate from
films which again lessons my intrest.a whole show on legion? really people.
it seems they keep him as xavier's son but besides legion all the characters
were created for show.It defeats purpose of wanting to expand the X-men
universe.

For me at least the main draw of the show isn't the X-Men it's Noah Hawley. After two stellar seasons of Fargo, where it's not just one of the best shows on television today but ever and then you thrown in the X-men ties. Consider me sold. I just wanna know now. Can he write an X-Men movie? and how quickly can he have it done?

Hawley is just on fire right now. He's just released a book and is set to make his directing debut soon in addition to Fargo, Legion and Cat's Cradle for FX. If his comic book knowledge and affection are up to snuff, I think it'd be stupid for Fox to not at least consider asking him about contributing to their film-verse. (He's not a big comic book guy, but a great TV writer, so there might be that as well as his massive workload)

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/47...eveals-details-behind-his-x-men-pilot-legion/

But I think he might just be more suited for TV where he can tell his stories. Either way, Hawley is the main reason to be hyped for this and he's amassed some great talent.

Last edited:
If Preacher is a hit, maybe it'll convince FX to give it a full series order? They could also send it to FXX like You're the Worst if it struggles too so I hope they give it a series order. (Not that I know anything of Legion, just would like to see what Hawley could do)

90% sure it will get a full series order. Noah Hawley is FX's golden boy. Throw in a stellar cast (Dan Stevens' fame will skyrocket after BaTB next Spring, and Jean Smart is one of the favorites to win an Emmy for Fargo) and it's hard for it to not at least get a full season pick up.

It does sound similar to the excellent run by Spurrier.

Last edited:
Cjz5PCXUUAA6og8.jpg:large

Yassss

it sounds like it's primly marvel production with fox having almost nothing to do with it.

that still has marvel logo.It only has comments from Loeb.and it's being called marvel's move to FX.

That's fine if it sounds that way to you, because it's a Marvel show on Fox owned channel with Fox and Marvel's creatives both participating in its development and being run by a guy who has no prior connections to either studio.

In either case, it doesn't matter which studio does more of the heavy lifting, it's Hawley who matters.

Last edited:
That's fine if it sounds that way to you, because it's a Marvel show on Fox owned channel with Fox and Marvel's creatives both participating in its development and being run by a guy who has no prior connections to either studio.

In either case, it doesn't matter which studio does more of the heavy lifting, it's Hawley who matters.

doesn't sound like anyone from Fox is involved with devolpment.they sound like it's all marvel and Hawley.I am just puzzled even though i am doudtful on idea of entire show on legion why would fox allow marvel to have control of a live action X_men spin-off.

but anyway we 100% know now not to believe a word Simon Kinberg says about Legion since it's marvel not fox producing show.

doesn't sound like anyone from Fox is involved with devolpment.they sound like it's all marvel and Hawley.I am just puzzled even though i am doudtful on idea of entire show on legion why would fox allow marvel to have control of a live action X_men spin-off.

but anyway we 100% know now not to believe a word Simon Kinberg says about Legion since it's marvel not fox producing show.
I don't know how you can say those things after reading the press release. Like it literally says all the names of those involved.

Legion is coproduction Marvel and Fox and it isn't in Fox universe or MCU.
I don't know how you can say they aren't involved.

Hawley is a FX (Fox) guy, he apparently worked with Kinberg discussing possibly doing a Superhero show before Legion was even announced. Ill look for the interview but Leob basically said it's mostly an FX produced show with some input by him/the Marvel people.

it sounds like it's primly marvel production with fox having almost nothing to do with it.

that still has marvel logo.It only has comments from Loeb.and it's being called marvel's move to FX.

I am having trouble believing you are this ignorant. How do you not understand that FX is part of Fox. I mean, is the "o" throwing you that far off? I mean good lord. How is this hard to understand. Everything points to Marvel having a bigger hand in the shows than the movies. Which is fine, because now we are finally getting traction on X-men shows. Which is a big victory.

But thank god for some confirmation. And a nice picture of David. Can't wait to see what this show brings. And hopefully its own section in the TV forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"