Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

Now this is interesting. Said Taghmaoui just tweeted this.

Finally I’m not going to be in Legion but a big surprise coming soon

I would assume he's maybe being coy because we know he's been cast and seen an image...is it possible he's done shooting? Dunno. That would be baseless speculation, but it's interesting to think about.

DPp2Xh0UQAA3XwN.jpg

Do we know yet when this is coming back on? Feels like a long time already. :(

Do we know yet when this is coming back on? Feels like a long time already. :(
February. So we won’t be that far off. Soon as The Gifted ends we will be right into it with Legion and then New Mutants shortly after that.

Shadow King should look more similar to the comics.

There's always something with you. I mean, are you for real? Look at David. Does his hair look like anything remotely similar to his comic counterpart? No.

latest

But maybe I missed a post of yours where his hair should look more similar to the comics. If the actor embodies the character, not sure why the look needs to be a factor, especially when we haven't seen the final result.

In real life his hair would look really stupid like that. :(

Dan Stevens said the show would eventually move towards that hairstyle, but who knows how high they'll actually go. Everything in this show is more of a stylistic thing than a realism issue though.

Says there was a decision made to recast, so wonder if Hawley or someone else had another actor in mind. Hopefully it had nothing to do with putting up those pictures in the event that production wanted to keep things under wraps.

His pictures made it seem like he was about to wrap up his role and he's been posting IG stories from the set since his first day on set, so I don't think his social media was necessarily the issue. The "recast" in the article gets me. Hawley doesn't seem to be the type to clash with his actors, and as a character who has many identities it isn't a big deal, but hopefully he'll be written out well and it won't affect the quality of the show.

Yeah, that the Shadow King has so many personalities and identities won't make this be a major deal in the long run. Heck, just have Aubrey Plaza take on whatever role Said was going to have. She's practically playing the Shadow King right now anyway.

There's always something with you. I mean, are you for real? Look at David. Does his hair look like anything remotely similar to his comic counterpart? No.

latest

But maybe I missed a post of yours where his hair should look more similar to the comics. If the actor embodies the character, not sure why the look needs to be a factor, especially when we haven't seen the final result.

Yes, I would have preferred that hair as well for Legixn. As the actor doesn't look Legixn enough to me. There's nothing wrong with characters looking similar to their comic book appearance. Now why did I need to explain myself to you again:huh:

Dan Stevens said the show would eventually move towards that hairstyle, but who knows how high they'll actually go. Everything in this show is more of a stylistic thing than a realism issue though.

I've read that as well so I didn't complain but I hope it doesn't take the whole series just for them to showcase his signature hairstyle.

Any news on when Season 2 is launching? I really loved this show. Hope it will connect with the movies somehow. Wanna see Prof. X and his son on screen together.

Nobody talking about how the merger could effect the show?
Will it continue for a season 3?
Will loeb take over control or it stays with fox?

I’m thinking Hawley gets a promotion. He was going to do Doctor Doom. Now I’m thinking he gets the whole of the FF and some X-Men properties.

My push is still for Peyton Reed for the Fantastic Four since I know he pushed a very pro-Kirby pitch to Fox that they didn't bite on.

We did get a brief shot of his hair up in one of the episodes of Legion already, and I could see that hairstyle working just not it being like that all the time, but only when he really opens up and uses his powers in a super saiyan sort of way.

Nobody talking about how the merger could effect the show?
Will it continue for a season 3?
Will loeb take over control or it stays with fox?

it might get season 3 but once in 2019 when sale is approved this and gifted and ending.Loeb wil not produce shows not set in mcu.remember not only is this not set in X-Men CU it also isn't set In MCU.

enjoy show as we can.

it might get season 3 but once in 2019 when sale is approved this and gifted and ending.Loeb wil not produce shows not set in mcu.remember not only is this not set in X-Men CU it also isn't set In MCU.

enjoy show as we can.

Is there any evidence to really support this? The Netflix universe’s ties to the MCU is hardly there outside a few extremely subtle Easter eggs. The Arrow-verse has demonstrated pretty well that audiences are capable of accepting two different continuities. I’m pretty excited to see what Marvel brings to the table with the X-Men and FF movies but stuff like this would rub me the wrong way. It would be completely unnecessary for Disney to put an end to a show that ties are tenuous at best to the already existing X-Men universe. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just let the show run it’s course naturally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"