Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Legion' started by Smilodon, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Seconded. Looks amazing. And quite honestly, a bit more power displays than I expected.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!

And maybe it's own section?

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought Hawley would've gone more lowkey with the powers of David and FX isn't necessarily a channel that's done something with a lot of CGI I feel like, so this is definitely cool to see. It seems to have a bit of Chronicle in it.

I like the "mutant" namedrop. Wonder how far they'll explore mutants in this world, seems like they're a known but perhaps more secretive thing.

3. Erik Lensherr

Erik Lensherr Well-Known Member

01:00 min song name?

love it!

4. Weather Witch

Weather Witch Well-Known Member

Give it a few months and it might.

5. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I don't really like the "TV look" of this, though I'm not surprised given that this is a Fox TV production. Though I liked that they kept Legion's quirkiness from the comics. Not hyped though.

6. #root

#root Well-Known Member

Looks pretty cool. The cast is really good :up:.

7. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

It's very, very trippy. There are enough subtle things that really benefit from the X-label (specifically, the referencing of mutants in the trailer and the X on the O in Legion). But it's hard to know where this is going to truly appreciate it.

It feels like a good binge watch type show, but I don't want it to get cancelled if it's good.

8. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

I'm liking the direction it seems to be headed in.

9. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

That's the thing about Noah Hawley. He's become so good at making each span of a story count. If he were to bring his anthology format to this show or if Legion was a one-and-done series, I'd be more than fine with that.

10. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

So when does this take place?

Is it a part of the X-men movieverse?

Is Legion, Xavier's son?

11. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Looks like a high quality show, with very little ties to the X-world. I'll be surprised if we see many popular characters.

12. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like it, its been said it isn't in the movieverse

13. Smilodon

Wonder if they ever were to introduce an X-Men character, it'd be a member of the X-Club or something. We don't need popular characters here, Hawley creating his own and working on Z-listers would be plenty interesting and compelling probably.

14. psylockolussus

I would say LegiXn is a B-lister at best as a comic-book character. But this TV show probably crosses-out the possibility of him appearing in a X-Men movie. Oh well, I'm not a big fan of the character anyway and they already ruined Apocalypse in the latest X-movie, so I don't think we'll be getting Legion Quest.

15. Havok83

B lister? Im not even sure Id call him a C lister. Maybe if Im generous and thats only bc he was brought back as a low-tier X-men character a few years ago with a short solo. Prior to that, he was pretty much a D lister who's most notable story was being used as the vehicle for AOA. He's not that well known even amongst comic fans and definitely not the general public

16. psylockolussus

I meant in the X-Men comic-verse, not the entire Marvel comic-verse.

A d-lister X-Men comicbook character would be someone like Lifeguard and a C-lister would be someone like Frenzy. But LegiXn is somewhat important as a character and his ties to Professor X, then legion Quest/AoA then the recent X-Men Legacy are essential to the comic-verse.

17. Havok83

He's on Frenzy's level IMO. A B-lister would be most of the New Mutants like Cannonball, Moonstar and Sunspot. Heck Havok, Polaris and Gambit would be B list amongst the senior X-men. Legion is not as important nor as recognized as them. He's been around for near 30 years and hasnt been utilized much or elevated to any significant capacity

18. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

I frankly thought he never had a shot. If he did appear, he probably had less chance of being Charles Xavier's kid than he does in this show. This is especially true if they introduce Proteus (who I know is technically not similar at all, but I always felt there was a parallel with a secret child that made Legion feel a touch repetitive).

19. psylockolussus

In the X-Men comic-verse, I'd say Polaris, Havok and Gambit are A-listers though they don't really do much in the core X-titles compare to the likes of Cyclops and Wolverine but still easily recognizable as X-Men comic-book characters.

Hopefully with this LegiXn show, he would be get more recognition from the people who didn't read the comics.

20. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Trailer was great, glad to hear mutants mentioned, so surely this is connected to X-Men in some way?

21. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

In the sense that this is based on a world with mutants. It isn't going to be connected to the movies in any way.

22. Slick

Slick Yup

Trailer was pretty cool.

23. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

That's disappointing. I am not asking for cast cameos or anything, but a connection between them would be really cool.

24. Smilodon

It'd be cool if they kept it at an arm's distance like AoS or the Netflix shows (existing in the same world, but not necessarily interact), but this show exists thanks to the all-mighty Noah Hawley, and so if he wants to keep it a self-contained show, then it should be. This could easily be better than any of the Netflix shows with him at the helm and a basic cable budget.

25. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

It will probably be more like the arrowverse tv shows where tv stays in its own universe and movies in another