Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

why would Iron Man try to recruit a teenage, Spider-Man over, more experienced adult, Daredevil?

The writers themselves answered that question.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-...stead-Daredevil-According-Writers-129707.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

And yeah, no need to characters appear and vice-versa. It's still connected via a lot of things. Considering AoS has a lot of movie characters appearing in the show. Even the one of Season 3 was in The Avengers movie.
Agent Carter is basically a series about a movie character.
And yeah, we also got things in the Netflix shows. Thanks to the Invasion, the crimes in New York have risen. And also in [BLACKOUT]JJ Episode 4 they tried to kill Jessica because they though she was one of the Avengers[/BLACKOUT].

The shows write around the movies and not the other way round, I believe it was said the film series producers aint really helping out agents of shield for example with ideas of how they can connect, it's just the show basically trying to find ways they can ride the movies coaster by like writing in some line at the end of an episode to make it seem like it is a connected to AOA

The writers themselves answered that question.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-...stead-Daredevil-According-Writers-129707.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

And yeah, no need to characters appear and vice-versa. It's still connected via a lot of things. Considering AoS has a lot of movie characters appearing in the show. Even the one of Season 3 was in The Avengers movie.
Agent Carter is basically a series about a movie character.
And yeah, we also got things in the Netflix shows. Thanks to the Invasion, the crimes in New York have risen. And also in [BLACKOUT]JJ Episode 4 they tried to kill Jessica because they though she was one of the Avengers[/BLACKOUT].
They didnt though. They answered why Tony would go to Peter, but not why he wouldnt approach any of the adult heroes there. The writer provides some of his own theories after which I guess could make sense for Daredevil, but Skye? That theory doesnt apply to her. Is it a big deal? No, but stuff like this is going to become more glaring as things start to expand.

Last edited:
Kinberg on Legion

Kinberg is also working with Noah Hawley on FX’s Legion series, set in the X-Men universe. Kinberg said the Fargo producer pitched it as a superhero Breaking Bad. “Actually Legion came out of a conversation that Noah and I had when I was in Moscow for the release of Days of Future Past,” Kinberg said. “Noah was somebody I really admired and we were talking about doing X-Men TV shows. We had a bunch of different ideas. Legion wasn’t one of them and Noah said to me, ‘I want to do Breaking Bad in the superhero world. I want to actually tell the story about the origin of essentially a villain.’ It evolved from there and became Legion.”

Legion began with Kinberg and Hawley.

Filming Legion by Lauren Shuler Donner

CpmEpgYVMAEpq8O.jpg:large

Yup, that set looks to be perfectly trippy.

Happy to see the queen back on twitter.

this shows Donner is still involved with X projects and isn't just a producer in name only.

Because Lucas visiting the set of Rogue One means he still has control...

Yeah she has free time to visit the set multiple times.

And I highly doubt Schuler-Donner's involvement with the franchise has been anything more than on the technical production side.

FOX NL purchased the dutch broadcast rights for Legion this summer. Shortly after it's debut in the USA we will get to see the show on tv as well!.:up:

They already have a strong lineup with shows like American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Empire, The Flash and Wayward Pines.

The article also mentions that Legion will premiere in no less than 125 countries (incl. The Netherlands) next year! That's 250 million households outside the US.:eek:

http://www.veronicamagazine.nl/nieuws/9542-fox-brengt-marvel-serie-legion-naar-nederland

Yeah thats been posted like last month but yeah still cool. Fox usually do that to some of their shows.

They didnt though. They answered why Tony would go to Peter, but not why he wouldnt approach any of the adult heroes there. The writer provides some of his own theories after which I guess could make sense for Daredevil, but Skye? That theory doesnt apply to her. Is it a big deal? No, but stuff like this is going to become more glaring as things start to expand.

There is absolutely no reason why Tony should've considered any of the currently known adult heroes. Everyone on AoS is undercover and therefore unknown to him. Or, if they are known to him, it's likely because he's seen their faces on wanted posters. And the only Netflix characters we have so far are:

Daredevil - who, seen from an outsider's view, is just a tenacious guy in a mask who probably doesn't have the abilities necessary to keep up with the Avengers. He is also tainted by accusations of criminal activity.

Jessica Jones - whose abilities may or may not actually be known, but who definitely and obviously doesn't have the temperament to be an Avenger, and almost certainly would refuse if asked. And she is also tainted by accusations of criminal activity.

Luke Cage - whose existence is still secret. And even if Tony knew about him, he literally got his powers from a prison experiment, so he also does not exactly look like prime recruitment material, either.

Elektra - who is also a secret, and kind of a psychopath.

Stick - who is also a secret, and kind of a psychopath, too.

Punisher - a complete and total psychopath.

The only other legitimate option he could've had would've been to recruit a different hero that hasn't been introduced yet or to contact Thor and ask for help, either from Thor himself or his asgardian friends. And Thor probably isn't picking up the phone right now.

Last edited:
Bryan Singer confirms ‘Legion’ being part of X-Men Cinematic Universe.

http://heroichollywood.com/bryan-singer-confirms-legion-part-x-men-cinematic-universe/

In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Bryan Singer, who has directed several of the X-Men films and is an executive producer on Legion, set the record straight as the show is in fact part of the same universe of the films.

“[Legion is] part of the X-Men universe, but when you watch it, you wouldn’t have to label it, it could exist entirely on its own.”

Very intresting news.it also makes it even more intresting marvel being part of 2 shows
connected to X-Men films.

Basically what i get from that is that it could be a part of the universe if you wanted to see it that way but it doesn't matter because they will not mix or even cross over so it would almost be like they were not in the same universe anyway.

But then bryan is abit confusing with his logic.

Also, Noah Hawley's opinion is the only one that matters.

Didn't Hawley say he had a story he wanted to do that required Legion to be connected to the movies? The way he talked about it, it sounded like a thing for a possible season 2, but maybe they actually decided to put that some of that in season 1 instead? If they don't shoehorn in too many other things, I think that'd be pretty sweet. With a character like Legion connecting it to the films is super easy too. Even if the reality of the tv-series is completely different.

What Singer is saying essentially boils down to this: Legion is linked to the existing XMCU, but if you only pay attention to it (Legion) and not the rest of the "canon", you're not going to be lost.

IOW, it's the same thing that's happened with the Star Trek Kelvin Timeline stuff; it's linked to the "Prime Universe", but you're not going to be lost if you don't pay attention to what happened in the "Prime Universe" to spark/create the Kelvin Timeline.

We're essentially dealing with two timelines/universes now in the XMCU Canon: the "prime" timeline/universe and whatever timeline/universe that Legion is set in.

It would be great if they got Patrick Stewart to make a guest appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"