Comics NON STOP Spider-Man

shinlyle

King of the Haters
Reaction score
So. There's a new Spider-Man series coming out to replace the perfectly good Spider-man series that just ended and to alleviate the pain of the horrible JJ Abrams Spider-Man series that can't come out in a monthly (or even quarterly) schedule.

At least they're getting an artist on there we all love...oh. It's Bachalo. The good thing about that is, he'll have a fill-in artist by the third or fourth issue.

Joe Kelly is writing it.

Thoughts? Feelings? Ready for another batch of variant covers by artists that will NEVER draw the interior pages?

Hey Shinlyle. Haha I saw the news on this recently. I was excited until I saw Bachalo's name. It also sounds like a pretty odd concept -- an all-action'd out Spidey title? What, are they blending the FAST & FURIOUS films with Spidey? I think amping up Spidey's action to a degree we haven't seen before is good, but how about the heart? I think they said they promise to deliver elsewhere but it definitely raises an eyebrow for me.

Hbu guys?

Hey Shinlyle. Haha I saw the news on this recently. I was excited until I saw Bachalo's name. It also sounds like a pretty odd concept -- an all-action'd out Spidey title? What, are they blending the FAST & FURIOUS films with Spidey? I think amping up Spidey's action to a degree we haven't seen before is good, but how about the heart? I think they said they promise to deliver elsewhere but it definitely raises an eyebrow for me.

Hbu guys?

Yeah, I can enjoy it if they amp it up like Avenging Spider-man used to be. That book was fun, but shallow. I just think it's sad that we lose a deep book like Friendly Neighborhood, and then we get this. I'll give it a shot, but I'm just not feeling it from this news. Now, if we're getting 10 years ago Bachalo, then I'm in.

I never got into AVENGING! Only read that issue that took place after #700. Or before?

Good point, though re: FNSM. Tbh, the concept feels like they're really reaching now lol

Fun. Shallow. Bachalo.

Erm, I guess I like the 'Fun' part, lol. The rest, not so much.

It’s titles and ideas like these that made me wish SPIDEY wasn’t canceled..

It’s titles and ideas like these that made me wish SPIDEY wasn’t canceled..
Spidey was the BEST! And at a time I wasn't reading much of anything from Marvel. Nick Bradshaw's art during the first arc was just...mind-blowing. The rest was decent, too. The overarching story was great, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"