Zack Snyder's 'Twilight of the Gods'

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Zack Snyder Sets Norse Mythology Anime Series at Netflix

The prolific writer-director-producer, whose credits include Justice League and Aquaman, is teaming with Netflix for an anime series set in the world of Norse mythology. Snyder co-created the series alongside frequent collaborator Jay Oliva, with whom he worked on live-action features such as Justice League, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, 300: Rise of an Empire and Man of Steel. Snyder will exec produce the series alongside Oliva, who will also serve as showrunner and director.

How can it be anime if it's american?

The anime moniker gets used a lot with western shows. Avatar, Korra, RWBY. But in this case, I am going say it is an insecure manchild who doesn't want his show to be called a cartoon.

How can it be anime if it's american?
The anime moniker gets used a lot with western shows. Avatar, Korra, RWBY. But in this case, I am going say it is an insecure manchild who doesn't want his show to be called a cartoon.
Means a South Korean or Japanese studio would be doing the actual animation even though they are often outsourced to do so regardless of the particular art style.

Eh its semantics really. Batman: Gotham Knight was considered anime as well.

You could argue Hulk vs. Wolverine was anime. The actual animation production was done in Japan by Madhouse.

So Netflix is going to have two animated series based off of Greek and Norse Mythology.
Cool.

If Zack does anymore animated movies or tv shows after this, I hope he does some stuff based off of Frank Frazetta's art. Definitely fits Zack's style.
The%20Death%20Dealer%20II.jpg

79206-1024__47066.1517464823.jpg

8ae4fb9a371dd73bdf6defdd55c34e4c.jpg

I have concerns with how much this will appeal to his CGer crowd.

Well, Jamie Clayton is in this so I definitely have to watch it. I don’t have a lot of faith in Snyder and I feel like we’re getting beaten over the head with Norse Mythology lately (can the Greek gods get some love already?) but maybe it will be good. Love the cast.

Not the animation studio I would have expected for Snyder to go with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"