Not convinced there will be a Superman solo film.

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by Tobias, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobias Registered

Tons of rumors out there about the announced films from WB. Even films like Cyborg that are years away.

Nothing at all about a solo Superman. If it was really in the works I'd think there would be some rumors.

The rights to Superman go public in 2032. Anyone can use the character at that point. Why would WB spend hundreds of millions to do Superman solo films when they lose hin relatively soon. better invest in films for other characters that won't go public for a long time I'd think.

2. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

WB confirmed solo Batman and Superman movie without giving dates.:funny:

3. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ils-Strategic-Content-Plans-Time#.VQMg2Y5J1qD

And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

• “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
    • “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
    • “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
    • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
    • “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
    • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
    • “Shazam” (2019)
    • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
    • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
    • “Green Lantern” (2020)

4. shauner111 Registered

They already announced it. The only reason why there's no dates for Batman or Superman is because they have to see when Zack Snyder is available and ready to do another Man Of Steel, and Affleck is a busy man.

Do your research before making a thread like this. Ben directs and acts in other movies outside of Batman so they can't just set a 2019 release date five years in advance. Snyder may also be exhausted after both Justice League's so we don't know if he'll do that Supes movie or if they'll need another director. My guess is 2020 or 2021 for Superman.

5. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

We've heard no news on a Batman solo other than there will be one.

We've heard nothing from Wonder Woman other than Michelle Maclaren will direct.

Squat all from Flash and Aquaman other than Momoa and Miller are the characters.

Forget Cyborg and Green Lantern as there in frikin 2020 and we've heard no news on them.

No news other than The Rock is Black Adam in the Shazam movie.

6. Mr. Blue Sky Hype'n

I am unfamiliar with American copyright law, but I though there were avenues owners could use to extend their rights on properties as per the Disney case back whenever that was. Either way WB won't just let it slip and it seems overly alarmist to assume they would not make another solo film after how successful MOS was.

7. Mr. Blue Sky Hype'n

I can't wait that long...

8. shauner111 Registered

I dont think any of us can!

9. shauner111 Registered

But to be fair, they all have release dates, which is what the OP is talking about. Still, it's a dumb thread because they're obviously not giving out release dates since they need to clear Ben and Zack's schedules.

10. Tobias Registered

There is a way around it. How Disney holds onto Cinderalla. The company has to mazisize use of the character before it goes public so that it is so ingrained say Cinderalla is Disney's that other studios won't touch it. Something like that anyway.

11. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

I've seen this and I'm not convinced that there will be any of those after Suicide Squad. We've heard this song and dance from WB before.

12. Tobias Registered

There are rumors of Batman appearing in both Suicide Squad and the WW film. Those would presumably be cameos so wouldn't take a lot of his time.

13. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

You're convinced there's no Justice League when Snyder is already on his way to prep for the first part? :funny:

14. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Rumours for Sucide Sqaud ans that's it. Give me a link to where you heard of the WW rumours? A proper legit link and not one from idiot who's "thinks" will happen.

15. Tobias Registered

It was maybe from an idiot. I'll try to find it. Was looking for Superman rumors when I stumbled across it.

The SS cameo makes sense. There are too rumors Lex may appear in SS. Cameo presume.

16. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

I recall them planning something before Green Lantern bombed. None of that happened. How many times have we heard about Wonder Woman and Flash getting writers/directors/etc. attached only for it to evaporate? This might be a bit more concrete based on how much money BvS is going to make, but let's not forget the past.

17. Tobias Registered

I think these will happen. The CEO announced it to shareholders and the don' take lightly to this kind of announcement wit no follow-up.

GG di so well ts hard not to see SS doing very well and that will set the stage for the rest.

18. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Apple and oranges. Diffrent leadership what happen before doesn't apply now.

Also are you telling me BvS will make less money than $668m which is the total MOS made?:funny:

It's Superman and Batman on the same screen, heck my grandad read about these two. You're getting cinematic history.

19. Rowsdower! Registered

Yeah, but you're forgetting that everyone on earth hates Cavill as Superman and WB is planning to kill off the character in BvS and recast Brandon Routh in the role for Justice League, according to Tobias' inside sources at WB.

20. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

I just said that it would make a ton of money. I just don't know if that momentum will keep things going the way they plan them. This whole thing seems rushed and slapped together.

21. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

Wonder Woman starts filming at the end of the year. Justice League will probably start right after BVS is released. They had the majority of the Justice League and stars of the solo films locked at least half a year before they announced the slate. This thing is happening.

22. The Sage The World's Finest

The day the DC film slate was announced, both solo Superman and Batman films plans mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.