not enough muscle in superhero movie

superkong 500 said:
Well the way I se it is that even though routh is skinny and wellingis built I think routh is a better choice for supes it looks the part more, not as old or mature looking as reeve but close enough, but welling just looks like superboy really, I can'ti magine him with the supes hairdo and the suit, he looks too babyfaced. and he really doesn't resemble reeve in anything he's perfect for smallville since he plays a young clark, but routh resembles more the part,aside from the lack of muscles .

I don't see why people keep saying that Welling looks like a boy? When I first saw Smallville I laughed when they said Welling was supposed to be sixteen? He looked more like the gym coach then a student. Now Chloe and Pete looked right for their part and were believable high school kids, but not welling. Welling is either 30 or damn near and I'm not ragging on him cause he doesn't look old and is still a young man, but just he just doesn't look like a high school student and the studio shouldn't try and pass him offf as one. I think Welling would've been better then Routh on the big screen. Welling does look more muscular then routh. Routh looks kind of doughey in the suit, no muscle tone.

I would rather have seen Tom Welling as Superman than Brandon Routh.

captain_jimbo said:
I would rather have seen Tom Welling as Superman than Brandon Routh.

As would I. I would have even preffered they had waited to do a new supes move until smallville was over, so the cast could be kept the same. That was why welling did'nt play supes because he said that the smallville story needed to be told first.

MJB said:
I don't see why people keep saying that Welling looks like a boy? When I first saw Smallville I laughed when they said Welling was supposed to be sixteen? He looked more like the gym coach then a student. Now Chloe and Pete looked right for their part and were believable high school kids, but not welling. Welling is either 30 or damn near and I'm not ragging on him cause he doesn't look old and is still a young man, but just he just doesn't look like a high school student and the studio shouldn't try and pass him offf as one. I think Welling would've been better then Routh on the big screen. Welling does look more muscular then routh. Routh looks kind of doughey in the suit, no muscle tone.

Well you know what it may sound silly but I think that Christian Bale would have made a good superman, I mean he has the built even more than welling, plus he's a chamaleon he could look like supes, hell he even looks like supes in the final scenes of BB when he and rachel are talking in Wayne Manor, the tough part would be playing clark since I don't know if bale could play the dumb naive clark disguise. but as supes I could imagine him.

superkong 500 said:
Well you know what it may sound silly but I think that Christian Bale would have made a good superman, I mean he has the built even more than welling, plus he's a chamaleon he could look like supes, hell he even looks like supes in the final scenes of BB when he and rachel are talking in Wayne Manor, the tough part would be playing clark since I don't know if bale could play the dumb naive clark disguise. but as supes I could imagine him.

I've being promoting Bale for supes when it was announced that a new Superman flick was getting off the ground. Back when that whole mess about Lex being Kryptonian.

Chris Wallace said:
Well said. Hell, even Spider-Man's physique is greatly exaggerated by most artists, & he's arguably the skinniest adult superhero in print.

who says he's the skinniest? there was nothing skinny about the way he was drawn in the 60's by kirby.

edit: well maybe compared to other superheroes, but compared to normal people, he's not skinny.

rnewbz said:
As would I. I would have even preffered they had waited to do a new supes move until smallville was over, so the cast could be kept the same. That was why welling did'nt play supes because he said that the smallville story needed to be told first.

No, welling didnt play supes bacause...

1 - WB didnt ask him

2- Welling does not want to play Superman.

Its very simple.

Well Singer did say he met with Welling. Cause some fans wanted him.

MJB said:
He looked more like the gym coach then a student. Now Chloe and Pete looked right for their part and were believable high school kids, but not welling.
Impossible. Welling hit on way less high school girls than a gym coach would.

It works for me cuz he's an alien and aliens don't blend in too well.

zer00 said:
Well Singer did say he met with Welling. Cause some fans wanted him.

Yeah, I can imagine that. Even though he wasnt going to cast him even if he wowed the hell out of him because Singer had to complete his unknown search.

pifpaf said:
most actor a to much hare to skinny or wimppy they dont fit on the character.
superheros are build,i say BIG muscle not wimppy
ok some heros can put body armor like batman
but dont touch american icon like cap or superman

blade= wesley snipe was ok
ff human torch= perfect
batman=keaton not good shape
batman begin=bale good shape
superman is a mess= not enought chestand arm and leg
iron man will be anybody because is a armor
but cap i preffer to not see a cap movie because captain america is power look and he charismatic physic a no actor had the physical for that
he need 6,2 and240pound actor for thats
I wonder if it's some kind anti-Schwarzenegger backlash thing.

SLYspyder said:
edit: well maybe compared to other superheroes, but compared to normal people, he's not skinny.
That's what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"