World not the original sound mix on STM??And Warners Phone #

ReeveFan1978

Civilian
Reaction score
I keep hearing about this error too and am not sure what they mean? Is it the wrong music, different music? What??

I was planning on buying tomorrow but I am so upset. IT sttaes on website that the Superman II wrong disc is on all the Region 1 releases. According to this site:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Also, was looking through my rebate forms for when they offered rebates on warners dvds. , earlier this year, becuse there was a phone number for the DVD department of warners. I thought Id call them. But I didnt save mine. Did anyone here??

Ellen

I was wondering about this too. What exactly to they mean when they talk about the audio problem? How is it wrong/bad and how badly does it affect the movie?

So here's me, seconding the question...

Don't worry, honestly there's nothing to worry about. All it is, is the music and sound have been enhanced, just as they were in the 2001 Expanded version. It sounds better than ever, trust me, go out, buy it, watch it and love it! :super:

Awesome...so the only real concern is the lack of Superman III stuff.

Which, even though it's a crap movie, I still want the promised extras...:(

mathhater said:
Awesome...so the only real concern is the lack of Superman III stuff.

Which, even though it's a crap movie, I still want the promised extras...:(

Yeah, basically. But I bought the Christopher Reeve Collection and it doesn't have the Superman III problem, and as for Superman: The Movie and Superman II, they are fantastic.

I'll just have to buy "Superman III" separately I guess...which sucks, but as a completist, I must have all the extras...damn WB.

But is yours region one??

On Supermanhomepage, it says all the region 1 Superman 3 are NoT the special edition but the old version.

See their homepage news.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

captain_jimbo said:
Yeah, basically. But I bought the Christopher Reeve Collection and it doesn't have the Superman III problem, and as for Superman: The Movie and Superman II, they are fantastic.

From the digitalbits.com

(LATE UPDATE - 11/27/06 - 4 PM PST)

Here's the deal - we've just spoken with Warner Home Video. They ARE going to be issuing corrected discs for both Disc One of the Superman: The Movie - Four-Disc Special Edition (also Disc One of the Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition 14-disc set) AND Disc Eight of the Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition. Disc One will feature the CORRECT original 2.0 audio track for Superman: The Movie and Disc Eight will feature the new Superman III: Deluxe Edition. ALL of the other discs streeting tomorrow are correct. The mistakes in the Superman: The Movie - Four-Disc Special Edition and the Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition were apparently just honest authoring/replication errors - not deliberate decisions - and Warner is already in the process of correcting them. NO recall of existing sets is planned at the moment, but we'll have an 800 number shortly that you can call and arrange to have the corrected discs sent to you via mail. The official statement from Warner will follow shortly, so be sure to check back in a little while.

Stay tuned...

(LATE UPDATE - 11/27/06 - 3:30 PM PST)

Okay... we've just posted an in-depth review of Warner's new 14-disc Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition box set, which streets tomorrow. As we note in the review (and in our earlier post from today), there are a pair of very serious problems with the otherwise excellent set. We've been in touch with Warner reps today, and have been told that the studio will be making some kind of official statement as to how they intend to address these two problems very soon... possibly before the end of the day today. AS SOON as word reaches us, we'll post the details here. We expect that some kind of mail-in disc replacement program will be involved.

Meanwhile, enjoy the review and stay tuned...

Exactly what will the "corrected' 2.0 soundtrack be like? What I mean is will it still have the enhanced sound effects from the 2001 disc cuz I really did'nt care for that. If I thought I might get the origonal sounds again I would probably get that set.

Found this on the Amazon.com discussions page. http://www.amazon.com/gp/discussion...TV33&asin=B000J10ERE&cdThread=Tx2R6Z405DC3QRT

Statement from Warner Home Video, November 27, 2006

Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III Deluxe Edition" in the 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one of "Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective in any way.

Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the intention of standing behind our product 100%.

Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The exchange program applies only to purchases of the “Superman III Deluxe Edition” in the “Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition” and to disc one of “Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition,” available as a single title, as well as in “The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection” and in the “Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition.”

well, at least they're doing something about it...

so whats the replacement process involve? Do you send them the bad discs or a reciept?

MST3KPIMP said:
so whats the replacement process involve? Do you send them the bad discs or a reciept?

I don't know, I haven't attempted to contact them yet. Just try calling the 800-553-6937 for more info, the call is free the worst that could happen is that they would put you on hold for a long period of time, pretend they didn't know about the said problem or be a complete ******* to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"