November 6th, 2012: Campaigning, Early Voting, Election Day, And The Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the polls. So far 410 have voted in my district.

Is that a lower, average or higher percentage than normal?

Seems pretty low to me considering the polls have been open since 6AM, but I'm not entirely sure how many are in my district. I live in a small township.

I wonder if any of the major news will mention 3rd parties? If not, good thing I be online checking out Politico while watching NBC Coverage.

Just voted. Someone set up home made Obama and Romney dolls wearing boxing gloves out front - they were pretty good!

Seems pretty low to me considering the polls have been open since 6AM, but I'm not entirely sure how many are in my district. I live in a small township.

I was the 16th person in my district to vote this morning.

i was voter 651 in my precinct. not sure if thats a lot or a little.

I'm really curious to see how turnout is going to be.

I worked the polls a lot back in the day. When it was a small election, turnout might be 25% (in my town). A primary would get in the 30's. A presidential would hit low 40's.

Turnout in 2008 was over 60%!

And it feels like this one will be even bigger.

who didnt see this coming lol

[YT]QdpGd74DrBM[/YT]

who didnt see this coming lol

[YT]QdpGd74DrBM[/YT]
Well, considering Romney owns stock in the company that makes the machines, I'm not exactly shocked.

I just can't understand that, with all the problems they have with them, voting machines are still allowed.

that **** is sketchy as hell... the guy clicked the other candidates and it worked... but clicks Obama and it doesnt.

If anything Colbert has been lampooning not anyone party, but the problems with the political process in general. I have a lot of respect for the emphasis he put on breaking down what SuperPACS were. I think he did a lot to raise awareness.
NO ONE would know what SuperPACs are if Jon and Stephen hadn't had their field day with them, with help from their mutual lawyer. :lmao:

Colbert isn't quite as political as Jon. Sometimes segments of his show doesn't deal with politics at all. And even then, both Stephen and Jon (especially Jon) will happily lampoon Fox News over the Republican party.

Ok, ABC News is 100% fair. They straight up have everybody on the ballot it seems. Even Barr in FL.

I stick with Politico though.

Stewart/Colbert 2012 write-in candidates.

Since it's my birthday, as a present to me, I want everybody to vote for Gary Johnson.

Reports of machines screwing up all over the place. lol

Hearing and reading some great things coming out of Cuyahoga County in OH. They're estimating that voter turnout out may end up being the same or even top voter turnout in 2008!

Also hearing that turnout in Dem strongholds in VA are matching or surpassing 2008 as well!

Damnit why cant they just use paper ballots. I dont want another fiasco and the court has to decide the winner.

Damnit why cant they just use paper ballots. I dont want another fiasco and the court has to decide the winner.
I voted with a paper ballot. I was actually a bit shocked to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"