Logan Now that it's over, pick your favorite Jackman look as the Wolverine.

Tacit Ronin

Avenger
Reaction score
Which look did you like the best?

I personally prefer the Last stand look. It finds a nice middle ground between the stripped down look found in his latter solo movies, that, unfortunately, loses his iconic silhouette and the more moused up, overly artificial look of the Singer movies. It's feral and hairy, preserving his iconic silhouette without looking like he spent days on maintaining it.

The Wolverine Origins look though...the less said about that the better.

Last edited:
My favorite look is the one where Wolverine cosplayed as Hagrid.

He had two looks in Logan, too... Bearded and then trimmed into the classic 'chops. Personally, my favourite is the fully bearded Logan look, followed by maybe Future Wolverine in DoFP.

maxresdefault.jpg

c26e9ff814e7cc5ab585e2aa916886fa.jpg

logan-trailer.png

logant2_51.jpg

Last edited:
I actually really like how Singer did Hugh's hair and conversely disliked how out of control it got in X3.

DOFP also had two looks, with 70s Wolverine having hair from the Singer films (and more akin to the comics) and 2023 Wolverine having hair from the Mangold films, which is the shorter version of the iconic haircut with the gray sides.

Gonna go with DOFP, because it has both the best hairs. Hugh became better and better at Wolverine as time went on, that's for sure though.

Between Days of Future Past and The Wolverine. DOFP is more comic book like, but there is just something slickly badass about Logan's look, especially at the funeral in the black suit, shirt, and tie. So I will go with The Wolverine in the end.

Definitely DOFP for me and The Wolverine coming in a close second. A close runner up would be the beginning of X1 in the bar. That's the classic Logan in civilian garb look.

The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past. They finally nailed the hair and the mutton chops in these movies as well.

The sad irony of Hugh leaving the role. The older he got the more he resembled the character from a physical standpoint.

His best "look" in the original trilogy was early in the first X-Men. They nailed the look during the cage fighting and the scenes in Canada. He still looked too youthful though.

The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past. They finally nailed the hair and the mutton chops in these movies as well.

The sad irony of Hugh leaving the role. The older he got the more he resembled the character from a physical standpoint.

His best "look" in the original trilogy was early in the first X-Men. They nailed the look during the cage fighting and the scenes in Canada. He still looked too youthful though.

I dont think any Wolverine fan will ever forget the chills they felt when they saw this the first time in the theater.

wolverine02.JPG

Yup. The cage fight and scene in the bar. They even made him look short :D

When he's cut the barman's shotgun and standing with all claws out.... Nerdgasm.

For an ultimately poo movie, coming out of the water roaring in Xmen Origins....... Damn!

X-Men 1, in the bar

DOFP, in the yellow/blue/black costume

Apocalypse, because of the helmet thing

Logan, in his wife-beater.

My favorite look is 1973 Days of Future Past. Followed closely by The Wolverine.

Worst, by far, is Origins. I don't know what they were thinking with that hair...

DoFP in 1973.

Fully bearded in Logan.

Really loved his hair in The Wolverine. It felt like a great mix between realistic and what you expect from Wolverine.

Honestly, and i might be one of the few, i never liked the spiked hair and mutton chops.

Sure, it's part of the character, and sometimes it does look good, but, imo, must of the times, it does not...and in the movies, it rarely looks good.
With that in mind, i have to go with Logan.

I always liked the idea of Wolverine with long hair and stubble beard

I liked the wolverine look short hair style which sort of carried over to dofp after that I would go with x2 x1 logan xa origins fc tls

DOFP, probably his best look in terms of the shape he got in and the hair.

X2 is a close second imo.

Have to go with The Wolverine stripped down look. Hugh worked his ass off for that beast of a look, you would not **** with that Wolverine in his prime. Wish we would have got more of future DOFP Wolverine, that might have won me over if we had one fight scene with that look but as it stands TW look was perfect.
hugh-jackman-in-the-wolverine-2013-movie-image-2-600x360.jpg

DoFP has the right build, hair, mutton chops and face and it's the only movie that managed to translate the comic book look to screen while still looking 100% natural. In my opinion, it's the perfect realization of the classic Wolverine look, both on 70's Logan and future Logan. Other than the fact that Jackman has always been too tall for the role, of course... But I've learned to live with that.

DOFP is my favourite Jackman look for Logan.

Has he always used his own hair for these films coupled with tons of hairspray, or has he ever worn a wig for of the more bouffant styles?

I don't like the 2009 and 2013 styles. They just look like a regular haircut almost.

I also didn't like his hair when he woke up in the 2000 film after having nearly stabbed Jean Grey and was in a state of panic and agitation when he wondered where he was.

Overall when I think of Jackman in the role I think of his look in X1&2. The more natural, carefree look with him in that jacket is what I prefer.

But then I also liked his funeral attire in The Wolverine. I like the idea of Logan with shorter hair but I don’t think they perfected the look in that film. It just looks like a regular hair cut, but with a good amount of bed head, as if he woke up just before shooting and didn’t have time to comb it.

I also like the film version of his look in X-Men Origins. I like the longer hair, even if they never got Barry Windsor-Smith crazy. No gel, nor excessive styling. I thought it looked pretty good, it added some weight to his face, made him seem thicker (and more Wolverine-like) than he actually was.

Has he always used his own hair for these films coupled with tons of hairspray, or has he ever worn a wig for of the more bouffant styles?

I don't like the 2009 and 2013 styles. They just look like a regular haircut almost.

I also didn't like his hair when he woke up in the 2000 film after having nearly stabbed Jean Grey and was in a state of panic and agitation when he wondered where he was.

He wore wigs in 4 of the movies: The Last Stand, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse and Logan. There’s also a quick scene in X2 with a wig, which I’m assuming was a reshoot (at the start of the film when he first sees the wolf). I’m also willing the bet the beard was fake in The Last Stand and the 1973 scenes of DoFP. Not sure about the beard in Apocalypse, don’t know how long the gap was between when they shot his cameo and Logan. Could be his, aided by a fake beard or it could be all fake.

It's between the X2 look and the X-Men Days of Future Past look for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"