The Dark Knight Now that the Nolan Brothers Are Writing...

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
You guys think the character of Batman will be written better?

Boom said:

What was wrong with his BB portryal? Besides beign a little talky, I thought the way Goyer and Nolan wrote him was spot on.

David Ford said:
What was wrong with his BB portryal? Besides beign a little talky, I thought the way Goyer and Nolan wrote him was spot on.
I really don't know how to explain it. There was just something about the character that bugs me. But I do know this, too many one-liners for my taste. And I'm aware that it's his first year as Batman, but he just seemed careless, almost as if it was just what Alfred said, "thrill-seeking." I like Batman to be cold and calculated, and going into any situation and thinking out all of the possible scenarios.

I'm also not entirely fond of the whole "animalistic" approach they've given Batman. But that's not a writing issue, so I doubt it'll change.

I don't know. It might just be me, but maybe others feel the same way. I've watched the movie alot and once Batman shows up the movie just seems a bit off to me.

Boom said:
I really don't know how to explain it. There was just something about the character that bugs me. But I do know this, too many one-liners for my taste. And I'm aware that it's his first year as Batman, but he just seemed careless, almost as if it was just what Alfred said, "thrill-seeking." I like Batman to be cold and calculated, and going into any situation and thinking out all of the possible scenarios.

I'm also not entirely fond of the whole "animalistic" approach they've given Batman. But that's not a writing issue, so I doubt it'll change.

I don't know. It might just be me, but maybe others feel the same way. I've watched the movie alot and once Batman shows up the movie just seems a bit off to me.

31310114333.jpg

I'll be happy if they kill the one-liners, that crap is never funny.

Yeah there mightve been too many one liners but I hope they dont get rid of them totally. This is a summer blockbuster afterall and Batman can afford to make the audience laugh ever now and again.

Boom said:

Well, I thought Bruce and Batman were written extremely well.....I would just like to see it a bit more serious and less one-liners...as well as it NOT go into action movie overdrive at the end.

But BB is still my favorite movie of all time (just barely passing BACK TO THE FUTURE) so I'm not going to complain about it too much.

Why do I get the feeling one day we'll find out Boom brutually murdered David Goyer while wearing a pair of woman's stockings? :(

i hope that the nolan brothers make batman more in a way of detective i don't say that there was no detective skill in begins but they can use it a bit more in the sequel

I'd also like to see Batman show off his detective skills in the next film (that was the one thing, other than not seeing Talia or Ubu in BB, concerning Ras al Ghul's relationship with Bruce: not ONCE did he call him "detective," being Bruce/Batman never really exhibited any real detective skills). My guess is, Bruce is going to take what he can from Fox and Gordon and apply them later on to his crimefighting outings.

I'd like to see it kind of like he was portrayed in BATMAN: THE FRIGHTENING, the first attempt to reboot Batman that the WB almost went with (does anyone remember? The crime-scene where Gordon and Bats are studying everything? I loved that scene to death). Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing that scene retooled and refit into BB2 in 2008.

Ok so most wants more Sherlock Batman.

Nolan, you got that?

Make batman figure stuff out and kick ass without the comedy. That's what made batman forever and Batman and Robin suck real bad to everyone.

CConn said:
Why do I get the feeling one day we'll find out Boom brutually murdered David Goyer while wearing a pair of woman's stockings? :(
Who's to say I didn't already?

Why do you think he's not writing the script :(:up:?

Personally i thought Batman felt like Batman from the comic book. Dark angry, furious, scary. In reality meeting a guy dressed like a hero would make you laugh and call them a child. But they pulled it off, and if I met the Batman from Batman Begins in real life, I would probably **** my pants and start crying.

I have only seen the movie 3 times. could you guys remind me? What one liners did he have? I don't remember any.

Spider-Bite said:
I have only seen the movie 3 times. could you guys remind me? What one liners did he have? I don't remember any.

There really weren't that many, and I think calling them "one-liners" is pushing it a bit, since, out of context, there's no humor to the words at all. The ones I think of off the top of my head are:

"Nice coat."

"Excuse me."

That's it. That's all I can think of. I coulda done without either of those, but they don't bother me, really. Other than those two lines I thought the portrayal of Batman was dead on in BB. The lines like "A taste of your own medicine, doctor?" and "SWEAR TO ME!" were absolutely in character.

Wesyeed said:
Ok so most wants more Sherlock Batman.

Yeah, some more detective stuff would not be bad.

Boom said:
I've watched the movie alot and once Batman shows up the movie just seems a bit off to me.

Wow. That's weird. Your reaction could not be more different from mine. :up:

Meh,some of the things like

"YOU RATTLED HIS CAGE" was kinda annoying

I also didnt like how Bale did the voice, I would have liked it a bit more if he did a kind of whisper-y voice like Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton did. I would like Batman to be a bit more creepy a bit more intimidating and he should look like he understands every situation.....thats about it though

The Last Meatbag said:

I also didnt like how Bale did the voice, I would have liked it a bit more if he did a kind of whisper-y voice like Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton did. I would like Batman to be a bit more creepy a bit more intimidating and he should look like he understands every situation.....thats about it though
Yeah, the voice bugs the hell out of me. He sounds like a ruffian. Not nearly as authoritative as he should sound IMHO.

The Last Meatbag said:

What could possibly be annoying about that?

I also didnt like how Bale did the voice, I would have liked it a bit more if he did a kind of whisper-y voice like Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton did.

I'd have liked it if Kilmer and Keaton had done a more growly voice like Bale did...

I would like Batman to be a bit more creepy a bit more intimidating and he should look like he understands every situation.....thats about it though

So, basically, he should be exactly like he was in Batman Begins?

Keyser Sushi said:
So, basically, he should be exactly like he was in Batman Begins?
That's entirely opinion. Your definition of "intimidating" and "creepy" can be completely different than his.

Boom said:
Yeah, the voice bugs the hell out of me. He sounds like a ruffian. Not nearly as authoritative as he should sound IMHO.
I...really can't fault Batman for sounding tough. :confused:

Boom said:
That's entirely opinion. Your definition of "intimidating" and "creepy" can be completely different than his.

That's true, and obviously, our definitions do differ rather drastically.

That said, I sometimes employ a certain amount of smartassitude. This was one such time.

Keyser Sushi said:
There really weren't that many, and I think calling them "one-liners" is pushing it a bit, since, out of context, there's no humor to the words at all. The ones I think of off the top of my head are:

"Nice coat."

"Excuse me."

That's it. That's all I can think of. I coulda done without either of those, but they don't bother me, really. Other than those two lines I thought the portrayal of Batman was dead on in BB. The lines like "A taste of your own medicine, doctor?" and "SWEAR TO ME!" were absolutely in character.

Yeah, some more detective stuff would not be bad.

Wow. That's weird. Your reaction could not be more different from mine. :up:

Swear to Me was so freaking awesome!

CConn said:
I...really can't fault Batman for sounding tough. :confused:
But when it sounds painfully forced, it loses it's "tough" factor and just sounds ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"