Now that the Nolan Brothers Are Writing...

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Boom, Mar 19, 2006.

1. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Batman needs a couple corny jokes.

2. Rynan Registered

Can't Batman just have a few deadpan lines? Just make him human?

I think Batman needs a few one liners to keep him from looking like complete tight wad.

3. Milkman95 Movie Extra & Actor

I think that's what Nolan and Goyer were going for - a little more human and real, hence the "excuse me" and "nice coat".

I think those were the only one-liners really. I didn't like his speech at the end with Gordon about Ra's Al Ghul's plan, it was too talky and he didn't look well.........

4. I agree...there was a right balance in begins..

Although that scene you are talking about jeff..did seem rushed. "this is just the beginning."

then in one big breath blurted out lines..

5. Sabretooth Registered

If there weren't any one-liners people would've complained about BB being too serious. It's not like he was cracking jokes as Batman constantly,like something Spider-Man would do.

6. Keyser Sushi Squirrel Baffle

Hell, man. We used to have some EPIC debates, didn't we? I think we had to learn each others' tactics in order to structure our own arguments. I used to try and trap you, and I know you did that with me, too. And often succeeded. :)

Speaking of scary! I think we used to disagree with each other just for sport. :D

Yeah, it does. I mean I don't mind Batman having lines like that but the placement of those lines is EVERYTHING. I.E. in "Gotham County Line" when Batman and Gordon are having their first conversation, and then Batman says, "Oh, and Jim -- nice slippers." That ROCKED.

It's like real estate, you know? "Location, Location, Location."

Yeah, see I agree with that completely. Blowing open the walls like that was reckless, and honestly, lacked finesse. Batman's style is definitely more the window thing. Ninjas usually don't blow open walls. And Batman usually doesn't let crazy people loose on purpose. :o

Yeah, speaking of finesse. TAS had loads of puns, and a lot of them are really slipped in there on the down-low, many of them are delivered totally deadpan, they blend into the dialogue, and depending on your alertness you don't even notice them. And of course there are a few obvious ones. And then poor Dick Grayson had some rather groan-inducing ones, but those were the early episodes and they hadn't quite worked out how to write Robin, so I forgive them...

I'll take that under advisement, Cap. :up: I'm always up for a good Batman story. //Way to state the obvious, Keyser...:o

7. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

I freakin loved the Batman one-liners in TAS. Conroy's just got the perfect voice and delivery:o

8. Threshold Simply Amazing

I have no problem with Batman Begins, I think that with Jonathan working on the script, it can be taken to a whole new level.

9. Whack Arnolds Registered

I don't think the character was meant to be potrayed as careless, even though he wasn't. And quite frankly, I really can't even see or consider him as being careless. We all saw him thinking out scenarios within the films finale. Gordon blowing up the monorail tracks was his backup plan. And as you well know, he is a rookie, and part of his mistakes were supposed to be questioned by Alfred so he can be truer to himself and keep his "monster" within check. I thought it was a great balance. Careless is the wrong description. More just like "rookie mistakes". Which made for an interesting first take on Batman.

Your opinion, which is respectable. I think it brought a good change, and made Batman out to seem alot more threatning and volatile. It also establishes a clear line between this franchise's Batman and the previous one.

I feel it was good in its entirety. I personally enjoy the build up and background of the characters more, because it takes more time and is rich in character depth. The Batman section was kind of rushed, because they had to fit so much in one movie. I am positive, by the next one they can slow down and even further elaborate on the character of Batman.

10. Spider Ham Registered

So, wait, when did we learn that Jon Nolan was replacing Goyer?

I never heard this.

11. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

12. Spider Ham Registered

Oh. Huh.

Guess I should have read that story closer.

I do wish Goyer would stay involved to some extent. I really liked his plot outline for the series.

13. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Well Goyer and Nolan already had something rough written down for the sequel I believe. But they could be starting from scratch who knows.

14. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

Goyer and Nolan wrote the treatment. Jonathan (and Christopher?) will write the script.

15. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Yeah so Goyer is still a part of it...kinda.

16. GoldGoblin Registered

^Sounds good to me.

17. fabman Registered

Mheeee!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF?? I don't know. "Batman" '89 was a hit. Almost everybody liked it, "Batman Returns" split the audience in '92, "Batman Forever" was too light for many people (including me) and "Batman & Robin" killed the characters in '97. We kept waiting for a new, darker Batman movie and then, suddenly, in 2003 things were becoming reality. Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale and Co. joined. In 2004 we got the first pictures, they were great. In 2005 we finally got the Batman film we ever wanted!!! I just can't understand you how you keep crying every time about stupid things like this. Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins" and characters were a modern masterpiece in the fantasy / action cinema just like "Spider-Man" and "Lord of the Rings" are. I just say one thing, Christopher (Nolan) (loool), if you are reading this, make YOUR job like you did with the first film!

18. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

I dont think he's reading this

19. Whack Arnolds Registered

Batman Forever was actually a REALLY popular film.

20. Mr. Socko Registered

Maybe the brothers will Co-direct and be like the Wachowskis.

21. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

I sorta doubt it. If Jonah was interested in directing, he probably would've already done it with Memento or The Prestige.

22. ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

At his best, even Batman has a few corny lines in the comics.

Yeah, don't the Rami's kinda work this way too?

23. Horror Business Registered

no corny batman joke will ever be as good as "you weigh a little more than 108."

24. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

Batman can tell how much someone weighs just by looking at them. .....And 23 ways to paralyze or physically incapacitate them.

I gotta admit tho, that was a good one.

25. Sandman138 Registered

No, that will be me, and it won't just be stockings... I'm going full on with the corsets, pumps, and diamoned necklace!