Now that the Nolan Brothers Are Writing...

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Boom, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Black Canary22

Black Canary22 Registered

Nolan's brother will do an excellent job helming the script. :)

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Registered

i agree...at times Batman was a bit too talky. I also would like to see Batman in the shadows more....especially when it comes to showing his face to Gordon.....

3. Spider Ham

Spider Ham Registered

He trusts Gordon. Gordon should be the person he hides from the least.

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Registered

still in the comics....his face is hidden alot....using shadows and so forth.

5. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

I hope so:up:

6. Anjow1060

Anjow1060 Rattling the cage

I think we're screwed. The Bat-curse of the even numbered movies has a strong potential to stike again. Burton did good his first time around, got too much freedom and look at returns (good burton flick, horrible batman movie), then schumacher came in and did an "ok" job with forever, then they gave him the freedom and......well we all know what happened cuz of that. Now Nolan doesn't have goyer on his side, and while goyer was the main reason we had so many one liners (which i didn't mind, we don't need them, but i don't think it hurt the movie) but goyer is also the reason why we had such a strong tie to the comic books in the movie. As a matter of a fact, i do remember, that in an interview with Empire Magazine, Goyer talked about how he had to argue Nolan down about scarecrow having a mask and Batman having a grappling gun and such things of that nature. I'm not 100%, cuz nolan may suprise me, but i see the fall coming and we are in big trouble if the curse strikes again. I don't know if bats can survive another dive in a franchise. Sure sure sure, Goyer wrote the treatment, whoop dee doo. Treatments change, scripts change. We needed Goyer with the script, i could have done with a couple one liners if it ment strong ties to the comic books. But now Nolan has total freedom and I have a really bad feeling about it....

7. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

I agree completely. If it wasn't for Goyer there would not have been a Scarecrow, just a Crane. Nolan didn't seem to know that much about Batman then but now his brother is the writer. So lets all hope his brother is a huge fan of the comics, knows the characters inside out, and is a great writer. Or we're doomed.

8. Anjow1060

Amen.

9. Whack Arnolds

Whack Arnolds Registered

I agree that apart of me is worried...but I also feel Nolan has a better fundamental understanding of the character than the other directors who screwed it up with too much freedom. I also am pretty confident in the joint treatment both Goyer and Nolan set up for the future installments.

10. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

If this is true then I'll be able to die a happy man.

11. Sandman138

Sandman138 Registered

Yeah, but Goyer also sucks ass as a screenwriter so it's better that we're rid of him.

12. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

I don't think he "suck ass" and he wrote 80 page draft for the sequel so some of the elements will be from him even th his name might not be credit in the final screen play. Also Nolan knew **** before he ask Goyer to help out cos Goyer is fan just like us only different is he gets his ideas on screen.

13. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

He loves one liners and campy stuff(ex. Blade 3). But he knows comic book characters inside out and thats why he's got a good paying job in Hollywood.

In Begins:

The plot and character depth was Goyer

The mood and feel of the movie was Nolan

If Goyer was directing we'd see something along the lines of Batman Forever, I bet. There'd be a scene where Batman drinks yahoo and says "umm hmm, nothing to it but to do it"

14. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

So true. I know some comic books and their characters inside out just like Goyer. But I'm not a good writer, so I might give it a go at Hollywood, if Goyer can do it, I can.

15. Whack Arnolds

Whack Arnolds Registered

Let's see how far you get with that, lol. No offense, but bunches of people on here think they can do what the pros do. See Sandman, Motown Marvel, and a bunch of others. Fact is, those people are pros for a reason...they have more talent and ability than you. Goyer single handedly resurrected comic movies when he turned a brillaint script for an unknown comic book character in Blade.

16. Sandman138

Sandman138 Registered

His sense of structure is weak, his dialouge is nothing but exposition, and he throws in a lot of needless elements.

17. Sandman138

Sandman138 Registered

I've worked on films that got into Palm Springs Film Festivals. I'm not a "pro" but I'm not a dip**** either so you can take your bull**** and shove it. There are enough of us on here that work in and have ties to the industry. What are your credentials?

18. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

I was joking but I'm pretty darn sure there are a few people here who could write just as good if not better then Goyer. Oh and Goyer didn't resurrect comic book movies, Avi Arad did.

Do you know how many people on this board could direct a Batman movie better then Schumacher?

But to tell the truth, I thought Blade 3 was funny :up:

19. patrickbateman

patrickbateman Registered

20. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

Is that really legal?

21. Anjow1060

Oh lord, not the "robin thing" again.

And for the writer part, I'm another one of those "un-talented" film makers you were speaking of. Yeah, they are pros, but ya know something, they're human. And one day, they're gonna die. And when they die, the movies don't die with them. Other people, like us, grow up and make films too and become pros. So don't go slandering other people cuz you never know who on these boards could be writing a good movie script. For all we know, the dumb studio execs could have some wild ideas like "Lets get a fanboy to write script! They know the material and we could pay them less!"......sounds stupid? These are the same people that greenlighted B&R.

I rest my case.

22. Whack Arnolds

Whack Arnolds Registered

I'm not the one professing to be better than a pro, in David Goyer...so what would my writing credentials have to do with anything? And what films have you worked on that went into "Palm Springs Film Festivals"? What exactly was your involvement with them? If David Goyer is a dip****, wouldn't that make you even further below dip****? He gets paid the bigger bucks for a reason, correct?

23. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

WHO said Dave Goyer is a dip****? Being a bad writer doesn't make you a dip****

So true. Daredevil ring a bell to anyone? Mark Steven Johnson is a huge Daredevil and comic book fanboy. Daredevil was the first movie he'd ever directed. And he comes to these forums too. Oh and his first movie was leaps ahead of Schumacher's Bat-crap.

24. Keyser Sushi

Keyser Sushi Squirrel Baffle

Batman Begins >>>>>>> Daredevil.

25. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

Thats 'cause

Nolan>>>>>>>>>>>>>MSJ